Air Jordan 7 Retro “Hare” - May 16, 2015

Problem being, these things cost nearly as much as a month's worth of groceries. Your outlook is similar to that of the typical American, "if you don't like it here, go somewhere else." No, stand up, speak out, and try to bring on the change that's needed to make things right.
lol wait dude just said "typical American" yet hes doing the most American thing ever

complaining for the sake of complaining but doing nothing to fix it...... 

god bless America 
roll.gif

For anyone saying that Jordan Brand never directly claimed their quality control has been stepped up...

"Zac Dubaik: Is this remastering of the retros limited to particular shoes, or is it the way they’ll all be done?
Dave Schecter: We are going to be remastering our whole retro line starting Spring 15. It’s comprised of a couple different factors. One, we have the most highly qualified colleagues in Asia at the factory level who are working on our retro products. We have really high standards for production and quality controls. That’s one big part of it, and that kicked in last year actually, so we’ve been doing that for a while. And then the next piece is that we’re going to be, starting with Spring 15, all retro models in men’s are going to be redone, meaning new materials and getting as close to the original construction as humanly possible. It’s a pretty big deal."

In case you're unaware, Dave Schechter is the VP of Jordan Footwear.

Last edited:
Doing nothing to fix it? I did exactly what everyone else with flawed pairs should be doing, and that's reporting them to the manufacturer.
the still got ur money that's a L on you 

fight with Ur wallet and demand a refund then you can have some validity to Ur statements. other than that you no better than the rest of us. they sure don't care what you have to say if they have your money and prob will be coming back.

that's like getting cheated on staying in the relationship and complaining to everyone about how much you get cheated on after a while no one cares either be the side dude or leave 

the still got ur money that's a L on you 

fight with Ur wallet and demand a refund then you can have some validity to Ur statements. other than that you no better than the rest of us. they sure don't care what you have to say if they have your money and prob will be coming back.

that's like getting cheated on staying in the relationship and complaining to everyone about how much you get cheated on after a while no one cares either be the side dude or leave 

Finish Line hooked me up with a discount, free shipping, and a bonus $20 WC card if I was willing to keep them. So no, I didn't lose out completely here. Fact of the matter is, if you're not reporting product defects to the manufacturer, you're partly responsible for the problem at hand.

This was blatant false marketing hype that justified the price hike. Jordan Brand would have a major class action lawsuit on their hands if their loyalists weren't such pushovers.

"Will this new method of retro be branded in any particular way?

Dave Schechter: We haven’t really branded it or anything. If we were to call it something, it’s called “doing our job.” That would be what I would use. We have a pretty high standard, and that's always been in the Jordan Brand from the day it was created. Everyone has had a real high standard for what we do, and it all comes from Michael himself.

We’re aware of the opportunities we have to get better. We are aware of what folks say they’d like to see from us. And we listen. This is one of the biggest things that we’ve been asked to do, and we’re going to do our best. And I believe that is our job, to get better every single day. Like I say, we’ve been putting out great product. The goal is to make great product even better.

There are three things that we had as a bit of a criteria. You needed to be able to see that the product was better right away. You needed to be able to feel it, that it was better, right away. And you needed to be able to smell it. You needed to have that experience when you opened the box – that fine leather smell hits you. And when you hold it up and smell it, you need to be like, yeah, that’s what this should smell like.

We’re real sensitive to the fact that these are the most important shoes, we believe, in sneaker history. We believe that it’s really critical that we treat them with the utmost respect in how we build them, how they’re packaged, and the experience that folks have with the product. What we’re really excited about is that everyone is going to get a better product, it’s going to be more comfortable, and it’s going to last longer. The value piece we don’t really talk about that much - a lot of times it’s about what’s the color. But these are products that are going to last even longer because they’re made better. We’re really excited about that.

One of the things that’s a part of it is that we have certified lines over in Asia. The most experienced and most highly skilled workers in that factory are trying to get on those lines so that they can build Jordans. It’s something that we’re rolling out in as many factories as possible, and it’s been a tremendous success for us. We are seeing real strong improvements across the board in all of the data that we get back around quality control."

Go to the store and check. Worse case stock locate at footlocker or something in a week. Pairs are definitely still out there.
I had a gift card for online and just wanted to avoid the hassle.  I will check.  But man, these toddler prices are just insane...

Yeah, do as the man says, or else!!!
I kinda agree with what you've said.  I think people should speak up.  It may not do a damn thing, but it certainly shows a lot about yourself.  Nike is aware of this and though they can never ride MJ's coat tails forever, they know they will have to maintain a certain standard to out do the competition.  I think we all realize that Nike has gone beyond quality and have relied solely on marketing and goodwill for the value of their products.  It happens.  But there comes a time when competition will require NIKE to re-evaluate its products and services.

For me though?

They are just shoes though.  I usually voice and complain to the retailer about my issues.  I work hard for my money and expect my purchases to be in line with my expectations.  I can live with certain imperfections, but if the shoes actually hurt my foot or if the flaw is too big for me, I'll return it or whatever.  I won't complain crazily about the truffle stuff.  I understand how these are made, understand the hard work.  That's just me though.

Last edited:
I apologize about being overly vocal on my stance. I don't mean to come off crazy, but it sucks that while pointing out that we should all be speaking up, I have to defend myself in the process.

Originally purchased a size 12 thinking that they run like 7s of late have. Man I was wrong so I had to go to my normal size 13. Honestly I'm ok with this shoe I get the contrast to "remastered" Jordan's but how can you remaster something that was never claimed to be mastered? Any who my one complaint is that my tounge on the size 13 pair is worse than the size 12 pair. Either way great release JB. The family pic is the size 12. That tounge is beautiful on both shoes Imo.

View media item 1545893View media item 1545894View media item 1545895View media item 1545896View media item 1545897View media item 1545898View media item 1545899

Last edited:
I get the dissatisfaction for the quality on the shoe and to a point and venting about it but when it drags on page after page weekend after weekend it gets old quick. If complaining to NIKE is not effective, and you feel that strongly about it lawyer up and start a class action lawsuit, if they promised better shoes and justified a price increase in exchange you have a case. Keep in mind NIKE will have the upper hand in this based simply on the amount of pairs that were returned for poor quality and defects vs the number of pairs sold. can they do better yes I have at least 30 pairs of various air max shoes with no problems in fact the QC is so good I rarely have to look for defects at the end the day the decision to buy rests in the hands of the individual.

I get the dissatisfaction for the quality on the shoe and to a point and venting about it but when it drags on page after page weekend after weekend it gets old quick. If complaining to NIKE is not effective, and you feel that strongly about it lawyer up and start a class action lawsuit, if they promised better shoes and justified a price increase in exchange you have a case. Keep in mind NIKE will have the upper hand in this based simply on the amount of pairs that were returned for poor quality and defects vs the number of pairs sold. can they do better yes I have at least 30 pairs of various air max shoes with no problems in fact the QC is so good I rarely have to look for defects at the end the day the decision to buy rests in the hands of the individual.
just started getting into maxes more as i get older and lows for summer are great 

all this true maxes are great for the price and comfort plus there QC is on point 

comfort being important  6'4 230lbs and years for football and basketball on these legs 
laugh.gif

They're just shoes.  Just chill and wear them.  If they bother you that much try to cop them IN PERSON and what not.  You can't have everything evolving around you.  You gotta evolve as well.

To that, I still struggle to find a pair of the toddlers at a reasonable price.  MSRP is disgusting for these.  Jesus.

Back
Top Bottom