Air Jordan Bred 1- Legit Check on Ebay

Yeah I know they are an old release but they still don't look right to me. Are these the '94 or the '85?

Honestly? These are too tough to call...

There's a few little things throwing me off, but at the same time the overall shape, build and quality look spot on...

But my tentative opinion is that they're legit sales samples.

The sticker on the insole was normally for sales samples sent out to stores to denote the size run, this along with the fact the tag doesn't have the patent numbers makes me think that's what they are which also explains why some things seem off -SS were never really made with quite as good quality because obviously they were not for retail.

Also, please remove the eBay link in your OG post as the auction is still live 
wink.gif

Last edited:
Honestly? These are too tough to call...

There's a few little things throwing me off, but at the same time the overall shape, build and quality look spot on...

But my tentative opinion is that they're legit sales samples.

The sticker on the insole was normally for sales samples sent out to stores to denote the size run, this along with the fact the tag doesn't have the patent numbers makes me think that's what they are which also explains why some things seem off -SS were never really made with quite as good quality because obviously they were not for retail.

Also, please remove the eBay link in your OG post as the auction is still live :wink:  

Thanks Firepower! Interesting...

So, if you were to put a percentage on these shoes (0%= fake as heck, 100%= absolutely positive they're legit), what would you put it as? Just cause it's a lot of money for a pair of fakes.

Thanks Firepower! Interesting...

So, if you were to put a percentage on these shoes (0%= fake as heck, 100%= absolutely positive they're legit), what would you put it as? Just cause it's a lot of money for a pair of fakes.
To be honest, the more I look at them, the more I'm convinced they're legit, so probably around 95% at the moment...

The two main things that are throwing me off slightly are the square "flap" on the heels which connects the swoosh, it should have black stitching and I just can't see that in those pics, but like I said, being sales samples it's totally feasible that would be different to a release pair anyway.

That, plus the tag not having the patents... but of course without a counterpart Taiwan SS tag to compare to there's no way of knowing if that's how it should be. The closest I could find was a pair of '94 Taiwan SS IIs which did have the patents, but again, not really comparable to the Is.

Without clearer pics, it's impossible to be 100% simply because the ones in the listing are so poor. Close ups of the size tag, sticker & Nike Air on insole, swoosh and eye level profile shot would also be needed to confirm authenticity.

Last edited:
To be honest, the more I look at them, the more I'm convinced they're legit, so probably around 95% at the moment...

The two main things that are throwing me off slightly are the square "flap" on the heels which connects the swoosh, it should have black stitching and I just can't see that in those pics, but like I said, being sales samples it's totally feasible that would be different to a release pair anyway.

That, plus the tag not having the patents... but of course without a counterpart Taiwan SS tag to compare to there's no way of knowing if that's how it should be. The closest I could find was a pair of '94 Taiwan SS IIs which did have the patents, but again, not really comparable to the Is.

Without clearer pics, it's impossible to be 100% simply because the ones in the listing are so poor. Close ups of the size tag, sticker & Nike Air on insole, swoosh and eye level profile shot would also be needed to confirm authenticity.

Dang man...I thought I was good at detecting authentics versus non-legit pairs. Haha you're a straight up beast. Really appreciate all your help. I guess I'll ask for more pictures and make a game-time decision.

Im not really clear on this mold as Its not something I have seen in person before, but Im pretty sure that those are widow peaks at the collar and tab

Im not really clear on this mold as Its not something I have seen in person before, but Im pretty sure that those are widow peaks at the collar and tab

Yeah I see what you mean...a lot of the shoe looks on point and comparable to the regular 1994 version. I've been looking through a bunch of legit-authentic pairs and there isn't a huge difference outside of the differences Firepower mentioned.

Yeah, not really too concerned about those to be honest, widows peaks were the norm for these and most older releases.

Back
Top Bottom