Air Jordan Future Featuring xi sole 2014

So after many months, I'm sad to say that my black weave/smoke bottom futures are squeaking more than ever.  No matter how much baby power I put it, they still squeak.  So loudly now that they're embarrassing to wear.  I still don't understand what's making them squeak; a broken zoom pocket?  They don't feel deflated; they're actually very comfortable.  I returned two other brand new pairs previously for the same problem.  It's sad b/c it's a great work shoe when sneakers aren't appropriate, and probably the most comfortable shoe I own (among AMs, Trainers & Jordan retros).

I'm going to try injecting baby powder with a syringe into that hole under the insole.  If that doesn't work, it's back to Nike using their warranty coverage (they said I have 2 years).  This must be a manufacturing defect, at least for that colorway b/c having the same problem with 3 diff pairs across 3 diff retailers makes no sense otherwise.  And it's an out-of-the-box problem that only worsens with time.

I'd like to try to lows, but want the weave upper, and a darker bottom.  NO WHITE or translucent outsoles b/c they look like crap after one wear.  If such a shoe doesn't launch, I'll be future-less....  

^ I had some concords which no amount of baby powder could fix. These are the downfalls of poor quality...

If you want to fix it, you need to inject either silicon or glue in the sole where it's squeaking. Squeaks such as these are from poor glue jobs on the soles.

You can also try (but I don't recommend) removing the sole and re-gluing it.

Thank you for the reply; finally an explanation that makes sense!  Where would I inject it; in the sidewall of the midsole?  The squeaking is really such a large area that I should just go ahead and return them.  I'm disappointed that there's no replacement that I want.  What's up with all of these white outsoles?!  Do people really like the look after they're worn?  Maybe I'll try on a pair of lows if they launch a weave version with a non-white outsole...Better just get my gift card refund from Nike now so I can use it if such a shoe launches.  Hopefully they won't claim I altered the shoe when they see all of the baby powder...will try to wipe it off....

Were those DS sickickz23 sickickz23 ? I've been looking to grab a pair although I wasn't aware of all the issues people were having with them... I tried a pair on and they felt great.

Would someone be willing to post some quick pics of their white-outsoled futures?  I'd like to see how they look after moderate wear (not beaters).  Do the white edges look really super dirty after regular/normal walking around?  I'm trying to determine whether to replace my defected black ones with the second gen (as I call them) with the white outsole (instead of translucent); i'm thinking the black weave or the dark blue weave.  I'm not liking the lows (also white bottom and no weave), and I don't want to miss out on a pair of futures after I return my defective ones.

Much appreciated; thank you in advance!

No matter how much baby power I put it, they still squeak.  So loudly now that they're embarrassing to wear.  
Something is up.

My little brother in trying to collect them all ( He's close)

Not one pair squeak.

Did you try thoroughly cleaning the bottoms?

or

Did they squeak from day one?

Something is up.

My little brother in trying to collect them all ( He's close)

Not one pair squeak.

Did you try thoroughly cleaning the bottoms?

or

Did they squeak from day one?
Thank you for the reply.  One was after probably a dozen hours of wear over a couple of months.  One was after only a short number of hours of wear; one was right out of the box.  The one I returned to the store they couldn't tell it was even worn (I told them it was)...i.e. barely any wear...no abuse.  Every store I ask says they haven't had problems with returns, which made me think it was just that one colorway perhaps, or that initial run of soles.  

It's not squeaking from contact; it's from within the shoe/midsole.  i.e. squeaks loudly even on carpet.  Very disappointed....  Has your brother worn any of them for any period of time?

I should also mention that there are a number of reviews on nike.com about squeaking...

Last edited:

Has your brother worn any of them for any period of time?
Yes.

Just asked him and he stated the GITD's and the red and blue futures have the most wears.

No problems.

No squeaks.

nada.

it's interesting how they all have the same issues.

It's not isolated to just one.

Hmmmm.....

Yes.

Just asked him and he stated the GITD's and the red and blue futures have the most wears.

No problems.

No squeaks.

nada.

it's interesting how they all have the same issues.

It's not isolated to just one.

Hmmmm.....
Thanks for asking him!  Yeah, and it's not like I'm a huge person (5'10", 155lbs).  All the returning was a huge hassle.  Assuming he has some with the white outsoles, how do they look after some wear?  Does the white get all fugly looking on the edges?  I know the bottom will look like poo, which is why I like the black smoke translucent ones that I have....can't even tell that they're worn!  Trying to determine whether to hold off for a Low with the appropriate colorway, or snag a High while they're still in stock (I don't pay resale).

Just noticed the volt green sole colorway dropped to 109 on Eastbay. Was wondering if anyone could tell me how these fit? TTS? Size down 0.5? I have a pair of Jordan 11 lows in 13 that fit perfectly, so should I go with that size?

As much as I'd like to skim the last 211 pages, it'd be a great help if someone could just tell me.  Thanks in advance.

Just noticed the volt green sole colorway dropped to 109 on Eastbay. Was wondering if anyone could tell me how these fit? TTS? Size down 0.5? I have a pair of Jordan 11 lows in 13 that fit perfectly, so should I go with that size?

As much as I'd like to skim the last 211 pages, it'd be a great help if someone could just tell me.  Thanks in advance.
TTS

Very Comfortable.

I would say that most people are saying TTS, however, a good number of people are also recommending 0.5 size down.  Try them on if you can at a local store (any colorway). 

Assuming he has some with the white outsoles, how do they look after some wear?  Does the white get all fugly looking on the edges?  I know the bottom will look like poo, which is why I like the black smoke translucent ones that I have....can't even tell that they're worn! 
I clean shoes as therapy ( don't ask)

I try to keep all of our shoes in tip-top shape.

I've learned to not let any stain or dirt or whatever set in.

So a white outsole will actually completely clean up?  I wouldn't be cleaning the bottom of my shoes...heh...

I really want to oblige and inquire a little further on said......"therapy".
I'm a little OCD on the cleanup might I add; I'm talking scrubbing shoe bottoms after wears, extra napkins in-pocket for door knobs, etc...
But I digress; just mild curiosity.
On topic: dirt on my white-soled Futures clean off so well. Then again, they don't linger on long enough to stick. I make sure of that.

Last edited:
I got mine on ebay for around $95 in Jan... Prices have gone up though since the supply decreased.
Sweet price!  We'll see how low FNL goes as these age...Probably not lower than $115 + tax + shipping.  Still concerned that the white outsole will make this shoe look like crap after a few wears, but liking the blue color...Rather have the dirty outsole than the squeaky ones I have now!

Sweet price!  We'll see how low FNL goes as these age...Probably not lower than $115 + tax + shipping.  Still concerned that the white outsole will make this shoe look like crap after a few wears, but liking the blue color...Rather have the dirty outsole than the squeaky ones I have now!

Here is a pic of my baroque browns that I wear several times a week since I bought them in Jan.. I wear them as my commuting shoes to the office so I can keep my much more expensive dress shoes as clean as possible. I don't usually clean the bottoms either (to be fair the DC metro is actually pretty clean compared to places like NYC or Chicago).

View media item 1509799

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom