Air Jordan II “Chicago” December 30th 2022

1652971824739.gif

Can anyone please educate me about this dreaded red piping on this specific model?

If I get clarity that the red piping is an inaccuracy, then that would be a deal breaker for me along with others who feel that way as well.

I admit I don't know anything about the 2. I would appreciate any clarity on them.

Can anyone please educate me about this dreaded red piping on this specific model?

If I get clarity that the red piping is an inaccuracy, then that would be a deal breaker for me along with others who feel that way as well.

I admit I don't know anything about the 2. I would appreciate any clarity on them.
When they were retro’ed in 03/04 they added the red piping:

594FC011-FCB2-4184-A094-52694B11E004.jpeg

The original and the ‘94 retro don’t have the piping:

322D1422-7BFA-46C6-BFD0-6C46F42E409C.jpeg

Can’t stand the black/red piping. It’s not OG and it never should’ve been added in the first place. That’s one JB blunder that I do blame on Gentry.

Last edited:
best-air-jordan-2s.jpg

This is what they should look like. On the retros after 1995, the lizard skin is lined with a red/black liner. Which breaks up the clean simplicity of the shoe. This only applies to the high though. Where as the original low had the "piping" .

People think these look better with piping? To each their own but for a release like this, it's tacky and unnecessary and I'll die on his hill. While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, for a recreation of the OG Chicago 2s, the piping does not belong on them.

When they were retro’ed in 03/04 they added the red piping:

594FC011-FCB2-4184-A094-52694B11E004.jpeg

The original and the ‘94 retro don’t have the piping:

322D1422-7BFA-46C6-BFD0-6C46F42E409C.jpeg

Thanks a lot for educating me with pictures. It's cleared up my confusion now, thankfully.

Now I see why I was confused about the red/black piping on the high version because most of the pictures I've seen of them were the original that didn't have it. I'll know what to look for now with the re-release coming out this year.

And it was unnecessary and wrong for them to add the red/black piping on the re-released versions after 1994. They always made unnecessary tweaks with some of the re-releases since the 2000s.

It's like when they made tweaks with the 2012 Playoff XII by revising particular parts of the shoe with a different color on it.

They should always keep it similar to the originals with any of the re-releases. I thought the concept of replication was to keep it as close as possible to the original version, albeit with cheaper materials used on them. Replication doesn't mean add or revise certain details on a specific product.

These are nice but i’d still take the white/reds over these personally
Word they **** on the OG Chi's and the piping helps to do that. Wish they would of just threw the piping on the OG Chi's like they did the lows.

Dudes here get butt hurt if you don't like the OG lol. This forum is hilarious.

I got the last white/red release.

Have any of the retro’s used Italian Leather? And when we say that, we mean like designer (like Gucci)?

That’s wild the history of this shoe. Crazy, do ya think the two might jump in popularity due to the OW and Unions plus this release?

Back
Top Bottom