Air Jordan II “Chicago” December 30th 2022

Idk, that’s what everyone called them. “Moon boots”.

I was living in Santa Barbara where everyone rocked vans and Jordans really weren’t popular til the 4s came out. Game changer those 4s.

It was funny looking back because me and my friends all were amazed at him and his scoring, dunks, etc… but with the 2s they almost made us look down on him like wtf is he wearing!
Yeah tons of Jordans got hate in my school. Even when the infrared 6s dropped, it took people a while to come around on that model. I remember standing in FTL with a friend our senior year of HS looking at the just-released mew model, the 9. And we called those moon boots, too. Took me a long time—more than 10 years—to come around on that pair 🤣
Definitely in on these. I do not expect them to truly be OG. Nike says this all the time, and really it just means the colorway. See Playoff 12s.

Last edited:
Yeah tons of Jordans got hate in my school. Even when the infrared 6s dropped, it took people a while to come around on that model. I remember standing in FTL with a friend our senior year of HS looking at the just-released mew model, the 9. And we called those moon boots, too. Took me a long time—more than 10 years—to come around on that pair 🤣
Definitely in on these. I do not expect them to truly be OG. Nike says this all the time, and really it just means the colorway. See Playoff 12s.

Yup... AllGrails AllGrails and you are right.

Back in the late 80's I personally remember II's & III's (White/Cements specifically) being called moon boots because of the design. No swoosh....lots of white on the side.

I do not expect them to truly be OG. Nike says this all the time, and really it just means the colorway. See Playoff 12s.
I don’t either, but we’ve already seen the updated mold. It’s arguably the best toe shape they’re currently producing on any model. These are going to look just like the a ma maniere pair, just with classic materials.

I don’t trust this company either, but there’s no way they can go back on that new shape at this point. We know we’re not getting Italian leather/craftsmanship and they won’t look exactly og, but I can’t see them completely dropping the ball here.

Wow, nice. I remember these well from the OG drop. Beautiful shoes. I believe there were some Reebok basketball shoes from the same era that looked similar, (and were priced similar) don't know who copied who. Of course it's been 35 years and old memories lie sometimes...

I don’t either, but we’ve already seen the updated mold. It’s arguably the best toe shape they’re currently producing on any model. These are going to look just like the a ma maniere pair, just with classic materials.

I don’t trust this company either, but there’s no way they can go back on that new shape at this point. We know we’re not getting Italian leather/craftsmanship and they won’t look exactly og, but I can’t see them completely dropping the ball here.
I hope you are correct. You never know anymore with these guys. I still can't understand why they're still making AM90s that don't use the recraft or AMIII mold ...

Interesting reads on reactions back then on certain shoes. Growing up in north Indiana, I started getting into the shoes when the 5 was out and the 6 was brand spankin new. Those two models were godly in my school regardless of the color. Same went with the 7. The 8 and 9 were not greatly received though. The 10 was clowned on. I always was fascinated with the older models as a kid so its surprising to hear how those were received.

Here comes the new found love for 2’s… 😕🤦🏿‍♂️

Just give me OG colors and I’m good
I've liked the II for a long time but have never bought a retro because none of them ever seemed quite right to me. It's not anywhere near being my favorite model but I'd like to finally have a pair. Honestly I'd prefer the white-midsole version, but I doubt we're getting both within quick succession of each other.

Interesting reads on reactions back then on certain shoes. Growing up in north Indiana, I started getting into the shoes when the 5 was out and the 6 was brand spankin new. Those two models were godly in my school regardless of the color. Same went with the 7. The 8 and 9 were not greatly received though. The 10 was clowned on. I always was fascinated with the older models as a kid so its surprising to hear how those were received.
Part of it in my case was I went to a small private school and a majority of kids came from families with money (not me). So there was mostly no aspect of people being impressed just by the fact you even HAD $125 shoes. Sneaker and hoops culture was kind of a thing there even back then and everyone judged a shoe every time someone showed up with a new pair. If everyone in the hall decided they were ugly, they were pretty much considered ugly forever LOL

I've liked the II for a long time but have never bought a retro because none of them ever seemed quite right to me. It's not anywhere near being my favorite model but I'd like to finally have a pair. Honestly I'd prefer the white-midsole version, but I doubt we're getting both within quick succession of each other.
I know you have said you like black shoes with the white midsoles for the contrast reasons. With you there but I am the other way with white uppers and black midsoles. I have always loved the look. The Chicago 2 are kind of the original to that concept. 5s, 7 Cards, 9s and 10s, love em all. These kinda started that.

This whole holiday schedule is Fire.... but there's a couple questions... there's supposed to be a retro 9 and a retro 7... I'm going to just throw this up in the air... cool grey 9s and chambray 7s

And I love how ppl hate on 2s but than they talk about "OG" and these younger guys get all hype... let us older guys who appreciate the shoe get them in peace

I've always been a fan of the less liked Jordans 2,9,15,16,17 so I'm glad the 2s are getting some love but with all the colab hype i know I'm going to get screwed I can't wait for a cherrywood 16 and sac 10s ... I guess I'll start paying resell sorry for rant I never really post but been on NT for a LONG time when there was ONLY FCFS not mommy and daddy credit card and raffles and bots

I'm thinking of a decent pair of pants that will look great in these. Any suggestions?

Was just listening to The Sneaker Podcast and the one guy on the show is well known for the Jordan 2 being his favorite model. He has corresponded with JB in the past and he says he has known about this release for 2 years and that they let him know quite a bit during the development phase. He's saying that these will definitely be on point. Comes with OG Box, Hangtag and Booklet.

He had to get them the OG hangtag and booklet because Nike no longer had them 😆

I guess these were originally scheduled for 2021, then pushed back to 2023 and then pushed up to Holiday 2022

Was just listening to The Sneaker Podcast and the one guy on the show is well known for the Jordan 2 being his favorite model. He has corresponded with JB in the past and he says he has known about this release for 2 years and that they let him know quite a bit during the development phase. He's saying that these will definitely be on point. Comes with OG Box, Hangtag and Booklet.

I guess these were originally scheduled for 2021, then pushed back to 2023 and then pushed up to Holiday 2022
i told y’all scollard had the deets on these.

The thing is, while this is great news and we'll take it (and I do not know the podcaster) we have seen enough evidence now to know 90% of people have no idea what "true OG details" really means. I've seen these youtubers and sneaker sites fall over themselves to talk about OG retros when the toes look like work boots and an educated NT laughs at the release. Even so-called experts have looked real stupid IMO.

Point being, I believe NOTHING until we see actual shoe.

Back
Top Bottom