Air Jordan II “Chicago” December 30th 2022

They look stellar. Well be copping at all cost. Still got the previous retro…. Loving these. That toe shape. Materials look lush….

They look stellar. Well be copping at all cost. Still got the previous retro…. Loving these. That toe shape. Materials look lush….

I must need my eyes checked again. Leather looks like typical mediocre-at-best JB leather. I don’t much care, I’m definitely in for a pair, but I expect nothing “luxury” about this release. It’ll be a pleasant surprise if I’m wrong.

Another angle
h/t solesbyzay_backup

AJ2.png

The leather looks like the last Silver Tongue Fire Red V retro; hopefully it is/is at least that level of quality.

The eyestay is disappointing because I highly doubt they're about to add the extra one for 9.5+ sized pairs.

Solid first impression, I'm not hyped but they didn't drop the ball. I'm in for one.

I must need my eyes checked again. Leather looks like typical mediocre-at-best JB leather. I don’t much care, I’m definitely in for a pair, but I expect nothing “luxury” about this release. It’ll be a pleasant surprise if I’m wrong.
I think it’ll be on par with the Low retros that released a few years back.

The leather looks like the last Silver Tongue Fire Red V retro; hopefully it is/is at least that level of quality.

The eyestay is disappointing because I highly doubt they're about to add the extra one for 9.5+ sized pairs.

Solid first impression, I'm not hyped but they didn't drop the ball. I'm in for one.

Def gave me Fire Red 5 vibes immediately. I also don’t see JB people up there knowing that much detail about the eyelet. Prove me wrong.

Last edited:
tbh i'm disappointed with the eyelets but i'll still cop regardless :lol: i love this pair so much and i regret not copping the QFs back in 2010
No way you regret not copping those. They were the worst iteration of this shoe in history. The quality was some of the worst ever. They were literally made of plastic. If you looked at them too hard they creased up on you. 💩🤮

OG size 9 with only 8 eyelets. Also original 1987 promo pair pics (likely size 9.5 or under) also has only 8 eyelets. So there's that and we'll see if JB stays true to the 9 eyelets for sizes 10 and above.
1657907657694.png

127D2EA2-7A12-45D6-997D-FCD418F3BEF0.jpeg

photo from nice kicks

Another angle
h/t solesbyzay_backup

AJ2.png
WE IN THERE!!! :nthat:

ALL OF YOU WHO “NEVER LIKED THE TWOs”, DON’T TRY TO TURN NOW, STAY AWAY.

As far as the eyelet thing, I thought it was common knowledge only smaller sizes had 3 eyelets. I remember it coming up when the 2004 pairs were about to drop.

So glad they took off the piping. But after finally seeing pics, I’m getting more gun shy about them and I wouldn’t be upset if I miss. Probably a great shoe to collect, but not something I’d wear. Hoping for a decent pair of lows instead.

Thinking if I should size down actually. I wear a 14, but my last pair of 2s would have a nasty crease and huge bulge at the toe cap area. Sizing down would help prevent that, but would take away comfort. Could be the cheap leather used in 2010 though. I may buy both sizes and just keep the best fitting pair.

Last edited:
Thinking if I should size down actually. I wear a 14, but my last pair of 2s would have a nasty crease in huge bulge at the toe cap area. Sizing down would help prevent that, but would take away comfort. Could be the cheap leather used in 2010 though. I may buy both sizes and just keep the best fitting pair.
The leather on the 2010 pair was garbage and it made them pretty uncomfortable to walk in. They also creased really weird, my pair wouldn't crease where the toe is it would crease like between the first 2 eyelets are at the bottom of the sneaker.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom