Air Jordan II “Chicago” December 30th 2022

Pretty sure you're right around my age. I never do more than 200. But this one was something special shipley donuts × Houston Astros × OCospreysfb × eightoneshop. Shipley Donuts is a historical staple in Houston if you dont know now you do. Been planning to cop the 2s and this cap like 8 months only to strike out on both...SMH bye 2022!

Edit: All local limited custom astros fitted drops have been insane since they won the World series, rhe store dont releaseonkine either. This is probably a $150-$200 resale hat normally. I grabbed one for $120 the first time it dropped, just wasnt my size, bought to for gameroom display. Hat game in Houston is insane, dudes line up 36+ hours sometimes, 40 yo mem fight lmao pretty funny stuff.

Ya we are, I was mostly joking but it’s so far out of my wheelhouse to think about big money for hats. I wear hats and like cool hats, but I’m not a “hat guy.” In fairness, though, paying hundreds for hats is no dumber than what non-sneaker people think of us buying all these “tennis shoes” at stupid prices. So … 🤷‍♂️

arite so these are the white laces that came with jordan 1s…grabbed them from my parents quick didn’t have time to check all pairs

they’re a little longer that the laces that come with jordan 2s.

i can’t believe i’m doing this because this was blasphemy to do to jordan’s when i was growing up

but i like i said in my earlier post and all white look goes better with how i dress now

let me know what you guys think.

i personally think these are the best lace swap i’ve ever seen on an OG jordan it just flows perfectly.

1FE8CC73-7B83-497E-A7BF-016A465672C7.jpeg

F4D55B38-51DA-4E99-B27C-C7F3881F7FA6.jpeg
36F89F52-C70A-4FD5-A632-8F854FA57042.jpeg
239393FE-066A-44EB-ACDD-ECA5AB00697F.jpeg
D99E3798-F6FD-4791-BED2-10161B076319.jpeg

Wear them how you like, but the black laces are way better. Not even close.

I took the black laces out of my OW2s knowing these were coming in, so I’ll probably keep the black laces in these like I do with the AMM 2s.

On a separate note, am I the only one not really swayed by the shape? Not that I don’t appreciate the change, and I definitely prefer the slimmer closer to OG toe box shape, but even if they were less accurate shape wise I’d still be going after them. i feel that way about most retros these days actually. I care way more about the materials being terrible than anything else. I feel like I still have PTSD from the literal cardboard JB had us wearing from 2006-2013 during the height of my collecting 😂

I took the black laces out of my OW2s knowing these were coming in, so I’ll probably keep the black laces in these like I do with the AMM 2s.

On a separate note, am I the only one not really swayed by the shape? Not that I don’t appreciate the change, and I definitely prefer the slimmer closer to OG toe box shape, but even if they were less accurate shape wise I’d still be going after them. i feel that way about most retros these days actually. I care way more about the materials being terrible than anything else. I feel like I still have PTSD from the literal cardboard JB had us wearing from 2006-2013 during the height of my collecting 😂
So shape wise, these are the same as the 94s. Obviously they don't compare to the 94s in terms of leather quality, but they gave us a decent leather with a PU coat like they gave us on the 5s and even the 4s. The cuts of leather are thin

Jordan March 4. 1987, he wore the Chicago 2's with white laces and dropped 61 against the Pistions to beat them in overtime.
960x0.jpg
I don’t know if anyone saw my previous posts, but do you guys think these look like the Air Force 2’s?

How many times did he actually wear the 2s?

The whole 87-88 season, plus the playoffs.

He did t wear in playoffs , lhe wore the 3s in playoffs in 88 , he switched from 2s to 3s during the season if my old man memory is correct

It was a short season due to injury, wasnt it? Hence why there wasnt a lot of pics ofhim wearing these?
He was injured the 85-86 season, still wearing the AJ1.

He wore the AJ2 HI for the entire 86-87 regular season, the “Chicago” pair for road games, and the white/red pair at home. He wore the white/red pair in the ASG, and he wore the lows in the 1987 playoffs vs Boston. He continued wearing the lows to start the 87-88 season with the same colorways at home and on the road. He also wore the cement 3s a few times before their official debut ASW 1988.

Back
Top Bottom