What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
It made sense in the context that Tinker originally wanted to put the jumpman on the back but Nike wouldn't allow it, so he put NA to appease them. They released the retros in the form that they were always intended to be. Little did they know that there would be a massive backlash, and that most of us think NA looks way better! The only real test would have been to have both an NA and Jumpman version sitting in stores back in '88 and see which one people preferred. I bet you the Jumpman would have won. Personally, I think the NA looks so much better, however, that could be years of conditioning, not to mention having owned many of the OG (only 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 though), so true nostalgia would require an exact replica. That said, had I had a choice back then, it's hard to say which I would have gone with...

Never knew Tinker wanted to do that.. where did you read/hear that? Nike Air fits the back tab better. The Jumpman leaves too much space in that area

Wow.. there’s been quite a few spots replenishing stock online. This was a nice release, really hope they continue to push out NA classics with decent numbers.
My timing is horrible when they restock either work gets in the way or im doing something lol

It made sense in the context that Tinker originally wanted to put the jumpman on the back but Nike wouldn't allow it, so he put NA to appease them. They released the retros in the form that they were always intended to be. Little did they know that there would be a massive backlash, and that most of us think NA looks way better! The only real test would have been to have both an NA and Jumpman version sitting in stores back in '88 and see which one people preferred. I bet you the Jumpman would have won. Personally, I think the NA looks so much better, however, that could be years of conditioning, not to mention having owned many of the OG (only 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 though), so true nostalgia would require an exact replica. That said, had I had a choice back then, it's hard to say which I would have gone with...

The jumpman as a logo wasn’t strong enough by itself in 1988. Yes Tinker wanted to flood the shoes with a Jumpman to celebrate Mike’s slam dunk championship the year before but Nike rightfully wanted brand loyalty to be a factor in moving the shoe especially since this was Michael Jordan’s version of their very popular top selling shoe the year before, the Air Max 1. I feel as though the jumpman should be on retro+ CW’s to differentiate but not on the original colorways if nothing else for the simple fact of homaging Michael and the design of the shoe and colors of the shoe he wore while playing.

My pair from Italy arrived today and there's an orange stain on the elephant print and a grey mark that no one will ever notice unless they grab the shoe off my foot. Other than that, everything is much better than my beat up 2011 pair.

2018-02-21 15.14.48.jpg

2018-02-21 15.05.35.jpg

2018-02-21 15.06.53.jpg

2018-02-21 15.07.16.jpg

Never knew Tinker wanted to do that.. where did you read/hear that? Nike Air fits the back tab better. The Jumpman leaves too much space in that area

It was in the articles with Tinker talking about the Tinker NRG model. I think as a designer he might have said that the jumpman looks cleaner...more space....simpler....NA looks much busier in that space. Also, looks aside, he was trying to build the Jordan brand and have it stand on its own, so it may not have been a pure aesthetic decision, but rather a desire to brand the shoe with minimal Nike branding. I do agree that NA looks better to me, however, good design is often about clean and simple. That's why all Google websites have a lot of white space; clean and simple. It's hard to separate what's historically ingrained in our minds as "correct" vs. what really looks better. Without the ability to time travel, it's really impossible for any of us to know.

After putting my super beat 2011’s to rest years ago, I was ecstatic to have been able to cop with ease @ FTL via reservation this past All Star weekend. Paid retail since I had no coupon... but didn’t mind at all. My pair luckily has zero flaws on the uppers nor glue stains on the EP. The midsole paint job could be cleaner but cracking will inevitably happen overtime so no biggie. TB’s quality were trash in comparison, so I guess in hindsight JB somewhat made an effort of improvement. lol

I’ll be enjoying them on my feet as everyone should! Also double up is mandatory. :nthat:

46D96E3A-9205-4802-BA82-0AFC623FD88B.jpeg

The Dunk Low’s (left) are IDs; circa 2012.*

hVy8mSV_d.jpg

Saw thses sitting @ champs (Cumberland Mall GA) while getting to these bred toe raffles ... I was tempted at going for another pair or 2 but I rather have someone who hasnt gotten their pair eat. Fine with my 2011 & 2018's. If youre in GA and struck out on these , run before the mall closes

i think i got those air force 2’s if they are white navy. it was my buy everything phase :lol: they had just retroed and i bought both white navy and all navy with silver swoosh. need to see if they are still wearable lol
They were originally black with silver swoosh from like 2002 but I painted the swoosh to match. Had all 4 in pic back in 88-89 and actually sold my 3’s so I could get the medicine ball’s.

My SNKRS pair came in today - does this look off center to you guys?

What can I do about this guys??

My kix-files pair are a lot better.... this is some bull!!
C76A1A1A-DEB0-4DAA-BC25-85B227EE7BF6.jpeg 805DF40D-C9C6-4720-98A9-5093484CF08E.jpeg

Last edited:
as far as sizing goes my people that wear foamposites total max foam's or even air more uptempos I went up a half size and they fit good. I went up half a size. if you like the shoe to fit like a sock go tts. if you want the freedom of having some kind of wiggle room in the front I would go half a size up.

Last edited:
I took a look at my overkill pair today. Couple of notes on the 2018, 2008, and 01:

• The 2018 is a pretty solid sneaker. it’s literally the black version of true blues 2016
  • I looked at the bottom soles and there’s a little color difference in the grey sole on mine (overkill)
  • there is also slightly different colored shade of grey between both sneakers ep on my overkill pair
  • The 2018 Nike branding on the sole actually has a white triangle from the k to the e (I didn’t hear that part in @MJO23DAN review
  • The 2001 has slightly softer leather than 2018
  • The 2001 is slightly, about 1 mm higher around the heel to collar than the 2018
  • The 2018 has better padding than the 01 and cdp
  • The ep on the 2018 looks better than the 01 and 08 surely. both 01 and cdp are pretty dark print vs the 2018
  • The heel ep cut is about the same on all my 2018, 08 and 01
  • Both the 08 and 2018 tongues have the same amount of padding, the cdp tongue comes up higher than 18s
  • the leather on cdp feels little better than 2018
  • the air unit size on all 3 versions are about the same size
  • the shape of the 01 looks more flatter, cdp curve and these 2018 are slightly curved to flat
  • the nikeair font on the 2018 are solid. bold and nice thick white better than 01s

Would this bother any of you guys with the toe box? I'm trying not to care but my OCD says yes lol

My pair was exactly the same way. Smooth leather on one, peebled leather on the other. I did notice that the more tumbled shoe creased a lot more than the smooth leather shoe...

Personally that would bother me.

But it might be the light reflecting off the leather that makes it more noticeable

Yeah feel the same but no biggie. I'll wear these once or twice a month so they won't get too much on feet action lol...

Nah my pair the same way....

My pair is exactly the same. That was the first thing I noticed! My left shoe has well defined leather and my right shoe has a more "smooth" finish. I am also trying not to care but I keep looking down at my left shoe every 15 minutes or so.

Haha I didn't notice until my wife told me my left shoe was bending way more than my right shoe. She thought they were too big lol...

I just got my SNRKS pair, looks like I got unlucky with a flawed pair. Got a white mark on the black midsole, and the worst part.....one of the elephant print looks a bit chewed/ripped off a bit. SMH.

Funny you mention this. I didn't see it at first but it looks like a mouse nibbled a piece off the EP on the outer rim going down to the midsole. Still no biggie just glad to have a pair...

That is unfortunate and at least you got a hang tag. Mine didnt come with one at all and I am heated haha

I'd be heated as well. At first glance I thought I had no hand tag either. When I open the box to grab the first shoe, all I seen was the chain about to come out lace loop...MY MOUTH GOT LONG...lol.
It was under the paper....I was like thank goodness... First time we got a Nike Air hand tag with 3s (instead of a jumpman tag) in a long long time..

Back
Top Bottom