What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters

what do you think retail will be on these joints?
Most likely $220 at minimum..........that has how the last 3-4 "Nike Air" branded JB releases have been.

If there is a price change on these prior to retail release, it'll be higher not lower........so just hope there isn't a price change.

2011s are trash? New news to me. I love my pair. And they're still in good condition.

How old are you?

If you've been picking up kicks since the early 00's, you'd understand why people don't like the 2011 pairs. Honestly, the 3's never have been the same since 2007. Fire Red 2007 model was the beginning of the decline. It's really ashame, because most people now wouldn't know a good mold for the 3's unless they got their hands on the 88' White Cements that came out a few year back.

True Blue 3's from 2001 had the best mold and quality. Following the 2001 BC 3's and then the White Cement 3's from 2003. Everything after was trash, besides the 2013 WC 3's.

what do you think retail will be on these joints?

Not confirmed yet, but usually anything with Nike Air in the back will have a $220 price tag.

The 2011's all had a horrible glossy finish. Made the leather look like plastic, the black-cement in particular.

News to you. :lol: :stoneface:

Do all 3's run small? Or were the TB 3s this November an exception? I usually rock 10.5 in Jordan's fine but my TB are tiny. I don't wanna make the same mistake here.

Do all 3's run small? Or were the TB 3s this November an exception? I usually rock 10.5 in Jordan's fine but my TB are tiny. I don't wanna make the same mistake here.

I'm a 10.5 too and all my 3's fit good except the WC retro 88 ran about half a size to big, my fire reds prolly feel the most snug compared to the rest.

They changed the shape and materials again when the TBs came out last year. It was for the better, but because of the padding and insoles, they fit small, so I had to go up a half size. My foot is an 8.5 on the foot measure and a 9 fit me perfectly.

Call me crazy but i think the quality on these Black Cement 3s will be really good. Its the 30th anniversary of the original release and these are one of the most iconic Jordans in the entire line. They may even change the mold once again due to the hate that the True Blue 3s got.

Call me crazy but i think the quality on these Black Cement 3s will be really good. Its the 30th anniversary of the original release and these are one of the most iconic Jordans in the entire line. They may even change the mold once again due to the hate that the True Blue 3s got.

JB's not listening to any of those "year-to-year mold" arguments - 95% of people buying the shoes, don't even care. NT heads are generally the only dudes complaining about molds, cuts and silhouette. The 2016 TB 3's got immense hate due to production #'s which always brings out more quality issues, due to more pairs being produced. It's the same thing with the 2017 Royals - 20-30+ flawed DS pairs listed on GOAT at a time for scratches, chipping, factory creasing. If anything, JB will keep right on track with ASW #'s and sell out just like the Cherry 13's did. And OG NA BC3's will sell WAY better than most OG CW's - easily top 5.

Last edited:
Sold mine 2 years ago for $360. I just couldn't see myself wearing them because of all the paint chipping that has on my other pair.

Mine has chipped as well. Not as bad as the BC CDP 3's, but they have noticeably chipped. I think a midsole repaint would make them look great again.

Don't count on it man. Most of the 3's recently have been poorly made. I don't think we'll be getting great quality this time around if they're going to make a ton of pairs.

JB's not listening to any of that "by-year mold" arguments - The 2016 TB 3's got immense hate due to production #'s which always brings out more quality issues, due to more pairs being produced. It's the same thing with the 2017 Royals - 20-30+ flawed DS pairs listed on GOAT at a time for scratches, chipping, factory creasing. If anything, JB will keep right on track with ASW #'s and sell out just like the Cherry 13's did. And OG NA BC3's will sell WAY better than most OG CW's - easily top 5.

No, a lot of people hated the materials used on the 2016 True Blues, especially the stiff leather. Theyre going to make a big deal out of these and the quality will be good at least as the White Cement 4s.

3s to me are def one of the most butchered models ever retroed! In 01 I bought the true blue and they were so comfortable, quality was def good. The fire red 3 in 07 wasn't the best but wasn't the worst and Nike is inconsistent with sizing too I used to be able to wear my true sz in all retro 3s up until 2011 after that I had to go up a half to a whole sz now because they cut so narrow smh. The BHM pair is the last one I could wear my true sz

Quality on just about everything Nike retros these days and the last few years prior is trash, especially to how it used to be! Them penny 2 retros??? Oh Lawd don't get me started lol

3s to me are def one of the most butchered models ever retroed! In 01 I bought the true blue and they were so comfortable, quality was def good. The fire red 3 in 07 wasn't the best but wasn't the worst and Nike is inconsistent with sizing too I used to be able to wear my true sz in all retro 3s up until 2011 after that I had to go up a half to a whole sz now because they cut so narrow smh. The BHM pair is the last one I could wear my true sz

Earlier 3 models had great molds and were very comfortable. Wasn't until 2007 where we saw the quality start to dip. Quality hit the trough right around the CDP releases. There was a recession going on and JB did it's best to get people to buy overpriced packs while skimming back on the quality. It seemed like every release after 2008 had paint chipping issue or severe toe box creasing. Let me not even get into the QC issues as well.

Quality on just about everything Nike retros these days and the last few years prior is trash, especially to how it used to be! Them penny 2 retros??? Oh Lawd don't get me started lol

Those Penny 2's that retro'd around 2010-2011 were GOD AWFUL. So uncomfortable to wear :smh:

Not sure how the most recent retro turned out, but I passed up on a white and blue pair for $60 out of fear for comfort :lol:

Last edited:
^ Fire Red 3 from '07 pissed me off so bad. Paint cracked after about 5 wears!

2011 was cheap and stiff and hollow :rofl: compared to cdps

And that shiny paint on the back midsole :lol: crap

2011 colors were darker cdps were lighter

Cdp were slightly closer to 2001

Last edited by a moderator:
2011 was cheap and stiff and hollow :rofl: compared to cdps

And that shiny paint on the back midsole :lol: crap

2011 colors were darker cdps were lighter

Cdp were slightly closer to 2001

2011 WC3 has a shiny white leather and the toe box creased very badly. Let's also not discount the paint chipping.

CDP's were awful as well. BC3's would paint chip and the sneaker overall was uncomfortable. Mold was all off as well.

We haven't seen a decent 3 model since the Fire Red 3 back in 2007 and that had some issues as well. Before those, I'd go with the 2003 WC3

No, a lot of people hated the materials used on the 2016 True Blues, especially the stiff leather. Theyre going to make a big deal out of these and the quality will be good at least as the White Cement 4s.

My 2016 TB3's have just as soft leather as my Retro 88's - different texture but just as soft...

Which one has the "bad quality" leather? Any takers?

View media item 2424780

Back
Top Bottom