Air Jordan III - WHITE/CEMENT GREY/BLACK/FIRE RED - 136064-105 - SPRING 2011

Originally Posted by myth58

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Originally Posted by ebe2023

i feel like the price is finally going to fit the shoe again after a long time. As long as the shoe quality is good, the box, hang tag, and tissue are just icing on the cake. Of course nike air would be sick but thats just crazy talk. lol

The price still don't fit the shoe 
My boy has a pair and i saw them in person the shoe is not bad quality for sure but its not great quality either the 03's are better quality IMO 

But dudes need to understand the quality and price we had back in the day is gone forever 

Jays will never be that good quality and design wise again because a crap load of people still buy these even though there lesser/bad quality and bad shape wise so why would JB need to improve if there still getting the peoples money 

Look at people in this thread going crazy for these because of a box ? JB recogize they have people eating out of their hand and so they don't need to stress over improving the quality and all that stuff like OG colorway's etc because they realize they will get your money no matter what 

Bro if you're Complaing about the sh** they put out why are you posting in a thread dedicated to one of there products.That's like a n*gga that's in the kkk hollerin at b****es on blackplanet.
Am not talking about these if you actually read what i said you would understand  
and blackplanet thats the best example you could think of ....

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That video on the other page, just put the icing on the cake, one to rock, one to stock... pending on my paycheck hahha

Originally Posted by koncrete kickz

Originally Posted by Asia

I just talked to a store I shop at.. they got 18 pairs of altitudes... 36 gool greys.. and 18 cement 3s... so they will run out soon.

This store must be a low volume store
well they got altitudes.. I know a lot of stores who didn't get any altitudes at all.. but I understand ur opinion..

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Why do people still use the "got no money so u hate" excuse? Smh....

Unless JB used different materials on the midsole, these will chip in due time. That's a fact.

Dudes on here cry rivers when jb changes anything when it comes to retro releases. And who cares if they chip and crackle or whatever.They're shoes. You walk on the f------ ground in them. And I'm not making excuses. You dudes complaining are probably looking at the pictures salivating. If you don't like the shoes, stay the f--k away from the thread about them.

It is what it is. These are one of my favorite pairs. My mentality For JB retros nowadays is if I get it on RD great,if not, still great, I wore pairs from 94, 03, and again in 06. But I was just keeping it real. Unlike certain resellers that claim after a few wears, the midsoles remain fine. That's misleading info because we all know the blueprint for the current retro 3s started with the chipping and cracking pairs of fire reds.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Why do people still use the "got no money so u hate" excuse? Smh....

Unless JB used different materials on the midsole, these will chip in due time. That's a fact.

Dudes on here cry rivers when jb changes anything when it comes to retro releases. And who cares if they chip and crackle or whatever.They're shoes. You walk on the f------ ground in them. And I'm not making excuses. You dudes complaining are probably looking at the pictures salivating. If you don't like the shoes, stay the f--k away from the thread about them.
You know these cats will be the first to cop. 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Been consistently wearing my pair and STILL NO chipping on the midsoles! I'll post pics again soon.

Love to hear this, cant wait to cop these x2.
pimp.gif

Look JB hasn't been on there game quality wise for years and let's just leave the discussion at that

Now.. Back to the thread

Am hearing that some spots in the Bronx is getting them this Friday anyone can confirm this ??

Originally Posted by Magic1978

$150?

I could have sworn I just paid like $125 for the fire reds just three years ago.
Let me drop some knowledge on you kids. Sometimes I laugh at how ignorant and uneducated people are when it comes to the new pricing of retro Jordans. Have you ever heard of the word "inflation"? A dollar back then is not worth the same as a dollar now. Its called time value of money kids. With roughly 1-2% annual inflation, $150 for the III's is more than a fair price. You cannot compare the price of Jordans from the early 80's, 90's or even early 2000's to the price now. The only relative comparison is the actual quality of the shoe vs. the previous model. The reality is that these kicks are made somewhere in Asia or an emerging country because its cheaper to produce and Nike/JB and all other kick companies are about making fat profits. So stop whining about price already because you know you will fork it over to cop them anway!

Originally Posted by Randao

any word anyoen from in the 209 area?

not from the 209, but know it should be easy to cop. you got two malls to choose from across the street from each other in stockton.
laugh.gif
or you can go to vintage in modesto. or tracy at west valley

Originally Posted by rcjbbp1313

i think jordan is seeing whats going on, its not going to happen over night but take a look at the cool grey quality, it was good not great and the soles are much better than jams and anni's and the banned jordan 1's look good and have nike air on the tongue and now these look great and by the reviews of the owners are holding up extremely well. i think the retro's are getting more attention, or maybe we are getting lucky who knows but im liking it as of now. anyone else?

Jordan Brand caring about their customers???

288yul3.gif

Originally Posted by Daver

Originally Posted by Randao

any word anyoen from in the 209 area?

not from the 209, but know it should be easy to cop. you got two malls to choose from across the street from each other in stockton.
laugh.gif
or you can go to vintage in modesto. or tracy at west valley

^^^ this should be easy an copped/just be ther before the mall opens/ theres FA,FTL,Sheiks,Champs, FNL, and Shoe Palace

Well either way, you know what you are getting yourself into with JB lately, so why can't we just buy what we like/want and NOT buy what we don't like??

It's really that simple.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Well either way, you know what you are getting yourself into with JB lately, so why can't we just buy what we like/want and NOT buy what we don't like??

It's really that simple.
Words to live by.  But then again, half these cats wouldnt have anything to compl....... er.. talk about.  
tired.gif

I for one cant wait for these shoes to drop.  They look hot, and this year has copapalooza written all over it.  I think march might be the only month I dont buy sneakers.

Originally Posted by NightShift54

$150?

I could have sworn I just paid like $125 for the fire reds just three years ago.
Let me drop some knowledge on you kids. Sometimes I laugh at how ignorant and uneducated people are when it comes to the new pricing of retro Jordans. Have you ever heard of the word "inflation"? A dollar back then is not worth the same as a dollar now. Its called time value of money kids. With roughly 1-2% annual inflation, $150 for the III's is more than a fair price. You cannot compare the price of Jordans from the early 80's, 90's or even early 2000's to the price now. The only relative comparison is the actual quality of the shoe vs. the previous model. The reality is that these kicks are made somewhere in Asia or an emerging country because its cheaper to produce and Nike/JB and all other kick companies are about making fat profits. So stop whining about price already because you know you will fork it over to cop them anway!

150 is in no way fair for IIIs, especially if you're talking inflation.  Retro Flint XIIIs released in 2005 for 150, and then in 2010 for 160; that's fair.
Tell me how in a little more time than that retro, Jordan Brand can charge an extra 50 for retro 3s.
JB is charging 50% more for 2011 retros than they did for the 2003 retros.

You're saying 1-2% annual inflation?  Let's use the cement 3s from 03 as an example with these.
They retailed for $100 in 03, so if you add even 2% for 8 years, it would still be under 130.

One last thing, 94 retro 3s retailed for 100.  Once more, they released once again in 03 for 100. 
That's nine years without an inflated price, mostly due to Jordan Brand being unsure of how they'd do after sitting in shelves for weeks back in 94.

In conclusion Jordan Brand doesn't have to price these at 150, but they are because they KNOW we'll still buy them; not to be fair or because of inflation.

Please don't talk about others being ignorant or uneducated.  If you feel like paying $50 more at retail for a shoe that released 8 years ago, with slightly better quality, because of an "original looking box" and lie to yourself that the price is fair; YOU are uneducated.

Originally Posted by DsLee559

Originally Posted by NightShift54

$150?

150 is in no way fair for IIIs, especially if you're talking inflation.  Retro Flint XIIIs released in 2005 for 150, and then in 2010 for 160; that's fair.
Tell me how in a little more time than that retro, Jordan Brand can charge an extra 50 for retro 3s.
JB is charging 50% more for 2011 retros than they did for the 2003 retros.

You're saying 1-2% annual inflation?  Let's use the cement 3s from 03 as an example with these.
They retailed for $100 in 03, so if you add even 2% for 8 years, it would still be under 130.

One last thing, 94 retro 3s retailed for 100.  Once more, they released once again in 03 for 100. 
That's nine years without an inflated price, mostly due to Jordan Brand being unsure of how they'd do after sitting in shelves for weeks back in 94.

In conclusion Jordan Brand doesn't have to price these at 150, but they are because they KNOW we'll still buy them; not to be fair or because of inflation.

Please don't talk about others being ignorant or uneducated.  If you feel like paying $50 more at retail for a shoe that released 8 years ago, with slightly better quality, because of an "original looking box" and lie to yourself that the price is fair; YOU are uneducated.
Fire Red IIIs retailed for $135 in 06. 4 years of inflation at 2% sounds just about right. (Ends up technically being $147.xx) It seems that all retros III's - X's will be had at that $150 price point. Any retros above the X will probably be at that $160 price point, and $175 for XI's just because they can. All the later signature shoes (XVII's and above) were $170 or higher. Remember when people thought $200 for a basketball shoe was crazy? (XVII's and Foams) Simply put, JB prices them where they do because they know they can. Hell, if I could make more money selling the same product, I would. Can't knock the hustle.

If I could buy a pair of 03 Cement III's for $150, I'd be complaining about the price point. I can't. Hence, this works for me. GR release, and at a price point that is cheaper than what I can buy 03's for.

i suggest a lot of you actually use an inflation calculator to be more accurate
before you ramble on

sets a good foundation for a decent argument

Back
Top Bottom