Air Jordan III - WHITE/CEMENT GREY/BLACK/FIRE RED - 136064-105 - SPRING 2011

of course they are $150, wasn't the blk/grey from the cdp?
and no one copped the true blue for less...

i will consider copping these, am starting to worry a little bit
about the midsole on my '03s
the black has a few lines in it but the foam is good

I feel sorry for you guys I really do, I swear for the life of me I'll never understand why people spend someone's hard earned money whether yours or your parents on these shoes that they are putting out these days.  And the ironic thing is that this is probably the last shoe JB did a good on back in 03.  For the last 7 years they've been pushing and pushing and you guys just keep giving up your money. Atleast don't +%!#% if you are actually buying these poorly made releases.  And don't get me started on the VI's, they put out varsity reds and watch all of you buy them up because you think it's the closest thing you will get to the infrareds and then what do they do? Here come the so called infrareds. Both were bad quality and overpriced and once again the general public will give in.  I have'nt bought a Jordan shoe on release day or for retail in 4 years but I was fortunate enough to be around for the good years.  I'm not casting down judgement on anybody and I rarely post in here anymore but come on guys when are you going to see the light?  Speak with your wallets, and yes we are a small minority but all it takes is a small rumble.  If people know you are a true shoe enthusiast your word can go along way.  I was in footlocker over the weekend looking around and a salesman was trying to sell a pair of the varsity red vi's to this guy, they both look at me in my cement iv's and the salesman says I bet this guy got a pair of these didn't you? I said I'd rather take $150 and burn it before I wasted it on a pair of those and went into my spill about quality and pricing. Ol boy he was trying to sell them to gave him the  
indifferent.gif
 and walked out while I just chuckled and walked out right behind him. So yea we may be a small percentage of sales but we can make difference.

And yes they were $99 in 03.

154524078.jpg

Such good news. And I'm glad it's next year, it will give me time to save up so I can get 4 or 5 pairs. These are the best Jordans ever made and I want to make sure I'll always have a fresh pair for years to come.

the 150 price tag is really killing me. NOT ALL JORDANS need to be sold at that 150 mark. Shhhhhhiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttt is annoying.

l2icel3oi9i6 wrote:
spring 2011 is a long time..

I hope you guys understand the sneaker community has basically gave JB the greenlight to charge $150 a pair now right?

Originally Posted by Chief Ediri

I hope you guys understand the sneaker community has basically gave JB the greenlight to charge $150 a pair now right?

Is that the reason I can find XII's and VI's still on shelves?

spring of 2011? You know we still in 2010 right? I don't want to hear about any releases a year from now.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Sneaker community.... love seeing this, especially because we account for nothing in the frand scheme of things

I love/hate this situation.

The brand loses money by overproducing so they must compensate for it somehow.

However, it's a tell-tale sign that no one wants that crap.
happy.gif

I think part of the reason is because JB wants to distinguish themselves as an upscale shoe brand. Kind of like Nike being Gap and JB being Banana Republic. The product is pretty much the same but one brand has higher markup.

we are talking about a shoe that wont release till 2011 now? Crazy, guess a year of hype building up will mean this shoe will be gone in minutes like the 2009 SJ. xD

sorry for my ingnorance..new to collecting j's....but is this a thread the fire reds or white cements? cuz i know the cements are releasing too

Originally Posted by stc153393

sorry for my ingnorance..new to collecting j's....but is this a thread the fire reds or white cements? cuz i know the cements are releasing too
its says it on the title white/cements fire reds came out a few years back

These can't be releasing.

We're more then 12 months away from release and there's no pics.

Lock this up.

To be honest, the favorable colorways of the XIIs(Flu Games/WhiteReds) have just begun to sell out not too long ago, plus even before, people still bought them up.
The Varsity Red VIs sold out in about 2-3 weeks. The Pistons are instant outlet shoe and the Oreos will take some time before stock clears.

Just because it didn't sell out doesn't mean it didn't sell well.

I have said this many times before and everyone seems to ignore the truth. The people in the sneaker community value a DS/VNDS pair of 2000 Infared VIs go for about 250-300 dollars right? So if JB sees and knows people are willing to pay that price for a old shoe, why don't they capitalize on it? And it is honestly the best of both worlds since so many people don't like when JB retro their "grails" so JB decided to make minor tweaks to the Flu Games, minor tweaks to the Varsity Red VIs, minor tweaks to Charcoal/Powder IXs, etc and while JB has although risen the prices up, they are still providing a much cheaper pair to please the general public while the "sneakerhead" community can breath easy knowing JB won't disappoint them.

Back
Top Bottom