Air Jordan III - WHITE/CEMENT GREY/BLACK/FIRE RED - 136064-105 - SPRING 2011

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

I know this sounds crazy, but anyone think these will be around friday when i get paid?

In some areas...yes..I wouldn't doubt it...and if that doesn't work you can always try stock locating.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

tumbled leather looks really deep compared to the 03 retro. I wonder how that compares to the OG? Sometimes a 3rd or 4th retro is closer to OG status than an earlier retro.

I think thats the case with these. for one, the leather is more tumbled (which is closer to the 1988 originals than the 2003s). the toebox is narrower than the 2003s, which the 1994 retros got right. also, the padding and fitting is similar to the 1994 retros.

i also noticed that these dont look extra glossy in person. and i like the fact that midsole isnt shiny. the paint job is reminiscent of the recent IXs, meaning that it will probably be just as durable.

Originally Posted by jc619er

I was really sweating this release thinking it was going to be a a line up situation and it turned out to be dead. I mean completely dead. I'm in San Diego and I got to the mall and at Footlocker there was no one in line. Came with my girlfriend and was able to get two pairs in my size as they hadn't sold a single pair yet. I can't believe it. Three years ago if these had released it would have been madness. That definitely made my day. I've been waiting a long time to finally buy these. Definitely my favorite pair of sneakers ever. As for quality it's decent but the true test will be to see how long they go before cracking. Hoping it's not horrible like the '07 Fire Reds. But the box and the presentation of these shoes was definitely top grade. I gotta give JB some credit on making an overall quality retro release that was fairly easy to come by. 
Think it didn't sell as well because of the increase of price. I don't think many people are willing to spend over $150 on shoes. Especially since the CG XI's just released last December. If you think about it, same thing happened last year after the Space Jams released then the Bred VI's releaed Jan '10, it didn't sell out and I saw them sitting for a good minute. All in all, glad everyone got their pairs and hopefully people that didn't find their size will find it soon.

Good pick up guys!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BasirWaahid

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Originally Posted by NobleKane

man i never thought i would see the day that the jordan 3 would be selling retail for 150. yall can have that garbage. 150 for an inferior product that came out in the 80's... where they do that at? only in the jordan brand forum lol

95% of everything retro coming out of Beaverton is inferior and overpriced.  And that's why my retro purchases between Nike and JB have declined from 15-25 a year to about 3-5 a year.  Nothing new.
Wow, some heads I recognize!!!! Sup with it Noble & ChiTown!!!  My retro & JB purchase is around 1-2 if that since the quality does suck. Tend to buy more of the newer technology running shoes now.  Comfortable as hell!!!

What up!  Bron's and air maxes for me.

OG2345 wrote:
jc619er wrote:
I was really sweating this release thinking it was going to be a a line up situation and it turned out to be dead. I mean completely dead. I'm in San Diego and I got to the mall and at Footlocker there was no one in line. Came with my girlfriend and was able to get two pairs in my size as they hadn't sold a single pair yet. I can't believe it. Three years ago if these had released it would have been madness. That definitely made my day. I've been waiting a long time to finally buy these. Definitely my favorite pair of sneakers ever. As for quality it's decent but the true test will be to see how long they go before cracking. Hoping it's not horrible like the '07 Fire Reds. But the box and the presentation of these shoes was definitely top grade. I gotta give JB some credit on making an overall quality retro release that was fairly easy to come by. 
Think it didn't sell as well because of the increase of price. I don't think many people are willing to spend over $150 on shoes. Especially since the CG XI's just released last December. If you think about it, same thing happened last year after the Space Jams released then the Bred VI's releaed Jan '10, it didn't sell out and I saw them sitting for a good minute. All in all, glad everyone got their pairs and hopefully people that didn't find their size will find it soon.

Good pick up guys!
pimp.gif

also could be people are saving for the playoffs or the penny foams ... 

I couldn't pass on these but will pass on the foams for the playoffs

congrats to all who got their pairs,

quite limited here in manila and ppl lined up for em.

Originally Posted by Mr718

Originally Posted by KingRamey

Originally Posted by Mr718

Originally Posted by KingRamey

Just picked my pair up with ease. I hate how long the toebox looks 
sick.gif

So why did you buy it?
indifferent.gif

%*!%! don't question me. I guess I should've mentioned it was MY money 
indifferent.gif
You just sound lame
ohwell.gif
.  You purchased something you "hate" to come into Forum 8 to complain about it....

winner-theme.gif

Spoiler [+]
Not you
indifferent.gif

No %@%$!, just no. Stop it.
30t6p3b.gif
 If you could read, you would see that I said I hate the toebox. No where in my post did I say I hated the shoe. No where. Let go of my nuts you clown. 
indifferent.gif

Spoiler [+]
clown 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by green rhino123

"It's no surprise Mike wore his Air Jordan 3 when he won his first, legendary Slam Dunk contest in 1987.
Pay tribute to the record-shattering titan in the Air Jordan 3 Retro Men's Shoe, the first Air Jordan designed
by Nike's famous Tinker Hatfield."

Anyone else notice this description on Nike.com? They are mixing the history of the Air Jordan 2 & the Air Jordan 3.

Ummm Jordan wore the II's during the 1987 dunk contest versus Jerome Kersey in the final... He wore the III's during the 1988 dunk contest versus Dominique Wilkins in that final... Know your history kiddo..

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by Randao

any left in the in modesto or stockton? had work all day couldnt make anything

my friend told me theres still a lot there.
where at? modesto or stockton. ima try to hit the malls up tomorrow

They should offer the Jordan 3 in different colors instead of the same colorway. Im not copping unless they go on sale Ill wait for the Black history months

Originally Posted by 23SOLE

"It's no surprise Mike wore his Air Jordan 3 when he won his first, legendary Slam Dunk contest in 1987.
Pay tribute to the record-shattering titan in the Air Jordan 3 Retro Men's Shoe, the first Air Jordan designed

Anyone else notice this description on Nike.com? They are mixing the history of the Air Jordan 2 & the Air Jordan 3.

Ummm Jordan wore the II's during the 1987 dunk contest versus Jerome Kersey in the final... He wore the III's during the 1988 dunk contest versus Dominique Wilkins in that final... Know your history kiddo..

That was taken from Nike.com. He stated it in the post. Read and comprehend amigo.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

any left in the in modesto or stockton? had work all day couldnt make anything

my friend told me theres still a lot there.
where at? modesto or stockton. ima try to hit the malls up tomorrow
u can always call the shoe stores FTL FNL Shoe Palace and Sheiks/ I went to my local champs arund 10am and they sold out the comon sizes 8.5-10.5 / 

i got mines with ease went in the store around 7 30 am and i was the only one there.......good luck

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

That was taken from Nike.com. He stated it in the post. Read and comprehend amigo.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

LOL
Typical Niketalk..people trying to show how much they know without reading the post of someone who may know just as much as them..

Originally Posted by poloman1211

Originally Posted by Filmoetonyc

Originally Posted by Chewdeezy

Originally Posted by Filmoetonyc

Any left in the bay area, like Oakland?
I was at Bayfair mall at around noon time and was able to scoop up a 10.5. Lady said they had about 20 pairs left with size 11 and up but are probably gone by now.
I need a 10.5 and they didn't have anymore and FL lake merritt had a 13 at closing.

Try NTSF. did a phone order there around 8 pm and it seemed like that had plenty of sz

try calling around southland too 

Back
Top Bottom