AIR JORDAN IV “ Lightning” - AUGUST 28th, 2021 - Shoe of the year voted by NikeTalk

I apologize ahead of time if this is the wrong thread. But does any body have a link for replacement lace/wing replacement? The black part. Wore my Mars 4s a few weeks ago. Haven’t worn them in a min. I look down and the wings few off the shoe. They were all dangling lol. Embarrassing 😳. Noticed one and was able to save it but didn’t notice the other shoe. One fell completely off and I couldn’t find it 😩
FB771490-6D06-4DEE-8427-DD0CA49593AF.jpeg

I apologize ahead of time if this is the wrong thread. But does any body have a link for replacement lace/wing replacement? The black part. Wore my Mars 4s a few weeks ago. Haven’t worn them in a min. I look down and the wings few off the shoe. They were all dangling lol. Embarrassing 😳. Noticed one and was able to save it but didn’t notice the other shoe. One fell completely off and I couldn’t find it 😩

How did you even manage to do that!?

find a cooked pair on sale somewhere and use it for parts?

How many wings you need? I know a guy

How many wings you need? I know a guy
I don’t know if they’re all the same size but of your looking down at your feet, I need the outside wings of both right and left. Actually all four considering the age of the shoe. It’s only a matter of time.

Hey ya'll thinking of applying angelus yellow suede dye to my DS pair. I want these to be more vibrant like the OG's. Anyone tried this yet?

If you do keep us posted cause I too, prefer the vibrant og yellow

That is not a bad idea, and from my understanding that should actually work.
That’s one reason I haven’t copped yet is because of the hue of yellow. Pairs I’ve seen just look dull/ashy and not vibrant.

If dyed correctly they’ll look good.

Some follow up images. The redye process is going swimmingly :nthat:
20220226_011715.jpg
20220226_010709.jpg
20220226_020319.jpg
20220226_020328.jpg
20220226_020344.jpg
20220226_020422.jpg

Now they're looking like actual lightnings! I aint even wore them yet. Just tried on can't wait to bust them out during the spring time.

Good morning NT fam! Lightnings just about done. I messed up a smidgen on the wing and went ahead and purchased some gray/dark grey suede dye for the issue. I also purchased another yellow suede dye bottle for the final coats I'm on the 2nd coat but doing 4-5 just for max saturation. All in all I dont regret my decision to do this lil project. That yellow really pops! 100% DS, I didn't wanna bust these out until I fixed that pale yellow issue. After its all done I'm applying water protectant/stain repellant spray and then I'm done with them! So excited! Here's a pic of them in natural lighting no filter. Highly recommend ya'll take the plunge. For the record if this catches on, as far as I'm concerned I did it first! Dibs! Its funny too because I always felt like the laces were too yellow for the pale yellow upper but now it feels like the laces are too pale for the vibrant yellow upper.
20220227_102426.jpg

Good morning NT fam! Lightnings just about done. I messed up a smidgen on the wing and went ahead and purchased some gray/dark grey suede dye for the issue. I also purchased another yellow suede dye bottle for the final coats I'm on the 2nd coat but doing 4-5 just for max saturation. All in all I dont regret my decision to do this lil project. That yellow really pops! 100% DS, I didn't wanna bust these out until I fixed that pale yellow issue. After its all done I'm applying water protectant/stain repellant spray and then I'm done with them! So excited! Here's a pic of them in natural lighting no filter. Highly recommend ya'll take the plunge. For the record if this catches on, as far as I'm concerned I did it first! Dibs! Its funny too because I always felt like the laces were too yellow for the pale yellow upper but now it feels like the laces are too pale for the vibrant yellow upper.
20220227_102426.jpg
I dyed my raging bulls. How many coats you do? Or how much to do my pair lol

I dyed my raging bulls. How many coats you do? Or how much to do my pair lol

2 coats so far, I'm going for 4 or 5. The 1st one was really heavy because I learned as I went along. Hence the mistakes I've made. 2nd coat was done much more with care. I would be down to do yours but only after I finish my pair. I'm refining my technique currently.

I've got sunshine on a literal cloudy day. No filter. No saturation, no altering. Just got done applying the protectant coat and laced these bad boys up. Cant wait to break em out finally! To airflight69 airflight69 I won't be able to do them for you man but if you need any tips hml.
20220308_125447.jpg
Those beautiful! I'm sure the process is similar to dying raging bull suede, but if you could message me a detailed write up and all the products you use I'll hit these up my man they look fan ****ing tastic

Back
Top Bottom