AIR JORDAN IV “ Lightning” - AUGUST 28th, 2021 - Shoe of the year voted by NikeTalk

Second ever FLX hit. The first being the racer blue 3’s. On the FLX app, I randomly checked since it wasn’t working earlier when the countdown ended. I won and it told me to confirm before 4 pm.

I confirmed around 4:30 pm. I thought I was too late but I wasn’t and it worked out.

First pair via SNKRS early access, second pair via FLX app.
3250774A-DF32-4E8D-BB17-EBE0706BAF96.jpeg
A2C93EE5-53A4-4C62-ACA5-80A02A1F2E91.jpeg
42C0F43B-D3A8-4CF1-8CED-C87FB986BA10.jpeg

No luck on the Hibbett raffle. SNKRS shot me an L from long distance. The only other hope I had of getting these were the backup list at Hibbetts for unclaimed pairs... 12 o'clock sharp I was in line to just to check. Standing there my phone rang and it was Hibbetts calling me.. Face immediately lit up. I knew they were calling me for my size 12...

Funny thing is I had no reception instore. Lol...I'm a well known local so I busted in the stock and yelled "did somebody try to call me". Sure enough the lady comes from around the shelves with that yellow n grey box. On my way out the stock room, the guy that was in line in front of me ask if that was a Sz 12. I was like yep. Dude was mad heated as he was standing in line before I got there... The good people at my Hibbetts hold me down...

20210828_192105.jpg
20210828_192427.jpg

You secured your pair in Walterboro correct? If so, I need your luck with them for the 6s next weekend.

4 pairs......thats not even possible unless this is a consignment/resell shop
Finish Line.After some back and fourth the manager showed me the paperwork and they didn’t get the full delivery in.He told me to call back throughout the week because the rest of the shipment should arrive.I’m pretty much sol because everyone will be calling and checking about the late shipment.

I urge anyone that’s thinking about going the resell route to go through eBay. You’ll get a chance to see which pair your getting. Some of the quality control issues I’ve seen yesterday alone will probably have some of you upset. Reminds me of the TS 4 release (pre-creased, discoloration, panel sizing, and glue stains) Pairs posted here looking good tho 👍🏾

theres a seller selling them at retail value who has 100% rating with 276 rating and a few neutral ratings and has 10 available. I dont know if I want to trust the seller even with the authenticity guarantee. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Air-Jordan...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
That’s the Tog Dog program or whatever they call it, you have to be part of that program to purchase from that link. Someone else posted it a few pages back and there was discussion about it.

where do u check on the footsite apps to see if you won? i know its too late but i didnt get a noti sending a w or l

also with ppl with the 06 and the 21, did JB get this release right? seems like they hit it out the park with this 1

where do u check on the footsite apps to see if you won? i know its too late but i didnt get a noti sending a w or l

also with ppl with the 06 and the 21, did JB get this release right? seems like they hit it out the park with this 1
I dunno the color looks more mustard than yellow. mustard 4s? Jordan loved spending time in the dugout

Overall these are decent rendition.
When comparing to the 06 Lightnings, 21 is duller in the uppers. 06 had more pop in the uppers,more of a vivid full yellow.
The yellow behind netting was still more of a brighter yellow than the rest of the shoe. The blue-ish grey midsole and wings kinda threw off the blend of 06s.
21 is again duller in the uppers, overall shape is truer to og 4s, & the dark grey is more of a charcoal, than it is blue grey like 06s.

If I was nit picking ,biggest issue with 21 is the dull uppers, but 21 is a overall better version none the less.

Its a good rendition, but not quite what it should be .
Typical Jb, give em a little of what they want, but above all keep em fiending.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom