Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Thinking of going for pair number 3, and I've been using Stock X a lot actually and have done legit checks on all my sneakers from them and everything has checked out from them. Someone message me if you would be so kind...the absolute good, bad, and ugly of the Stock X situation.

So I was in the General threads reading something about NikeTalk and a potential collab with Nike. Where Methodical Management Methodical Management has simply stated no such thing has ever been talked about with Nike at all. If I were to get a NT collab wish, it would be a traditional Black Cement 4 with the NT stitching on the side. That shoe had a direct inspiration to this site at that time. And from what I think I recall Nelson C Nelson C was the driving force of that. I would buy a pair of those without hesitation.

So I was in the General threads reading something about NikeTalk and a potential collab with Nike. Where Methodical Management Methodical Management has simply stated no such thing has ever been talked about with Nike at all. If I were to get a NT collab wish, it would be a traditional Black Cement 4 with the NT stitching on the side. That shoe had a direct inspiration to this site at that time. And from what I think I recall Nelson C Nelson C was the driving force of that. I would buy a pair of those without hesitation.
I nominate myself to oversee the mold /shape and qc dept
Also, i think i can speak for most here when i say the NT shoe should be a proper black cement 3.
We can put some NT branding on the insole

yeah, I’m going to be hella old when the next ones come out again. These are 2012’s that I sold. I quit collecting for a whole year, but the 2019’s were always in the back of my mind. Finally gave in and copped. I hope they don’t crack up like these did in the long run. I only copped one pair; who knows when we’ll get them again!
4376C15B-5607-403D-963D-C5E0581C553F.jpeg

These are so fire. What a great release from JB. They look so good on feet. I think over time history will appreciate this release a lot more than it does now.
I appreciate the hell out of these. Love me some black cement 4s. But the finer details about this release will always leave a bad taste in my mouth.

-Crooked Nike Air
-Boot like toe box (I find it weird that the new winterized pair has a super slim slanted toe box all in the same year)
-The paper thin shin guard tongue still irks me, 1999 tongue was amazing.
-overall height of the shoe is still a little low IMO

I think as supporters and people that love the brand, we shouldn’t be head over heels for releases like this where corners are still being cut. If they can fix the 11s and new 3s by the looks of it, they can get details right on the 4s..but hey, when they fix these properly all the more reason for them to sell them to us again.

I appreciate the hell out of these. Love me some black cement 4s. But the finer details about this release will always leave a bad taste in my mouth.

-Crooked Nike Air
-Boot like toe box (I find it weird that the new winterized pair has a super slim slanted toe box all in the same year)
-The paper thin shin guard tongue still irks me, 1999 tongue was amazing.
-overall height of the shoe is still a little low IMO

I think as supporters and people that love the brand, we shouldn’t be head over heels for releases like this where corners are still being cut. If they can fix the 11s and new 3s by the looks of it, they can get details right on the 4s..but hey, when they fix these properly all the more reason for them to sell them to us again.

Everything you said is true and let’s not forget the lack of grey edges on the Durabuck which also sucks. I’m saying even still, all that considered these are actually really nice on feet and a dope retro IMO. Sure as hell they can be better but that can be said about so many Jordan’s in our collections that we all still pine over anyway. These don’t make me feel like I have a poor excuse for BC4s like I did with 2012s. Biggest gripe about these from many was the misaligned NA which in all honesty doesn’t bother me one bit but I understand the outrage I guess. It’s just really not that bad to me.

2012s aren't that bad. Haven't even rocked my my 2019 because 2012s still look dope on feet minus the little bit of cracking.

Everything you said is true and let’s not forget the lack of grey edges on the Durabuck which also sucks. I’m saying even still, all that considered these are actually really nice on feet and a dope retro IMO. Sure as hell they can be better but that can be said about so many Jordan’s in our collections that we all still pine over anyway. These don’t make me feel like I have a poor excuse for BC4s like I did with 2012s. Biggest gripe about these from many was the misaligned NA which in all honesty doesn’t bother me one bit but I understand the outrage I guess. It’s just really not that bad to me.
Ya, it’s just laziness on the Brands part honestly. For years I’ve boycotted certain retros like all the 2013 5s and 2012 4s because they were bastardized to hell and back. They did improve some things on these and yup I scooped them and love having them, I just think they should get their head out of there a$$e$ and do them right. It’s honestly not that hard. But we know JB they change things up 6 times between the OGs and then in 2039 for the 50 year anniversary they’ll bring a exact replica of the OGs out. Lmao

yeah, I’m going to be hella old when the next ones come out again. These are 2012’s that I sold. I quit collecting for a whole year, but the 2019’s were always in the back of my mind. Finally gave in and copped. I hope they don’t crack up like these did in the long run. I only copped one pair; who knows when we’ll get them again!
4376C15B-5607-403D-963D-C5E0581C553F.jpeg

The 2012s cracked so easily. I remember reading somewhere that they used a different paint or something for the 2019s and on past recent retros in the last few years so cracking isn't as prevalent, but who knows how true is that.

Back
Top Bottom