Air Jordan IV Military First Look Vol. Kixandthecity

Was able to scoop up a second pair DS on EBAY for $166.05 shipped.
pimp.gif

Thankfully the EBAY coupon worked and it was about to expire today.

Minor creasing in some areas on my pair, but overall I'm satisfied. A step up compared to the plastic White Cement leather. Quality wise I'd give these an above average. Seeing as I paid $128, I'm pretty content with my purchase. Hopefully the Fire Red's are similar to these leather wise. When I compare the White Cements to these it makes me wonder why I jumped through hoops to cop those. At least the cracking issues with those don't seem to be as bad as past year's IVs. Time will tell.

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

Minor creasing in some areas on my pair, but overall I'm satisfied. A step up compared to the plastic White Cement leather. Quality wise I'd give these an above average. Seeing as I paid $128, I'm pretty content with my purchase. Hopefully the Fire Red's are similar to these leather wise. When I compare the White Cements to these it makes me wonder why I jumped through hoops to cop those. At least the cracking issues with those don't seem to be as bad as past year's IVs. Time will tell.
I agree with you. Wasn't impressed with the WC IV quality wise and very pleased with the leather they used on the Military's.

Unfortunately the Fire Red IV's are going to be the same type of leather they used in the WC IV's, According to that video they posted a couple of pages back.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

^you jumped through hoops for the cements because it's a better colorway.

I waited 2 hrs in line for the WC IV and basically I bought them because I had worn my 99's to the ground. So I needed a fresh pair of the cements. I would've bought 2 pairs of those, but wasn't satisfied with them.

I copped 2 pairs planning to trade the 2nd for something, but they ended up gaining no resale value so I returned them.

I jumped through hoops for the White Cements because it's my 2nd favorite Jordan of all time (Black Cements being #1). Unfortunately they're not the same shoe, some decent leather and just a lighter shade of grey would've done them wonders, but of course that plastic leather was probably inspired by the creasing complaints. I'll continue my hunt for wearable 1999 pairs of both.

Originally Posted by xMIGZx

I agree with you. Wasn't impressed with the WC IV quality wise and very pleased with the leather they used on the Military's.

Unfortunately the Fire Red IV's are going to be the same type of leather they used in the WC IV's, According to that video they posted a couple of pages back.

Unfortunately for you maybe 
laugh.gif

If that is true I might double cop the fire reds because I love that non creasing leather!

My Militaries arrived today but I wasnt here for em. So Monday it is
I am 3 for 3 so far this year and I got these off ebay at below retail! I need those Doernbechers though.....

Originally Posted by Tupack Shaker

Originally Posted by Leonidas

Anybody ever consider that maybe these sat because JB actually listened to us, and produced the amount we actually wanted? Everyone and his grandmother who thinks he is a "sneakerhead" copped these, and they're still sitting ! This could however have positive or negative outcomes .

I think its just a colorway only few like. Look back at this thread theres a lot of people saying they aren't going to cop cuz its "meh".

LOVE the fact that a lot of people feel that way about the military blue IV, will always be my favorite colorway of the IV's.

^^^That blue on the OGs looks much darker than the blue on the 2012 retros. The OGs seems slightly higher cut than the 2012s as well.

I seriously love these shoes and don't understand the hate behind these. People goes HAM for the Olympic XIs and let these sit on the shelf...?????????? Very satisfied with my purchase. Around my way, these have just sold out so they sat on the shelves for approximately two weeks.

^ The blue on the OG's is darker than the 2012's and the cut is noticeably higher on the OG's as well as bulkier. I wish they still made them higher cut and bulkier, but just like any other brand JB has modernized the retro's they release.

These sat because they made a ton of them and they're blue. Isn't that what everyone wanted? They'll be gone by the end of next week and will still have sole out quickly for the amount of pairs JB produced.

I'm happy these were an easy cop. Tired of all these little kids buying shoes only because of the hype and how quick they sell out. Let the real fans who actually like MJ and his shoes get an easy purchase.

Love how the XII's were easy to get as well.

Originally Posted by xMIGZx

I finally saw and felt a pair this weekend at footlocker and shiekh.  The quality is waaaaay better than the cements.  You can tell once you touch them, that there's a huge difference.  Color way didn't really do it for me tho.  So no cop from me.

I finally saw these in person and I'm glad I passed. I think it would have looked better with a darker shade of blue and possible black trimmings. Oh well can't wait for the black/red to come out!

For all you socal heads Footlocker at the Ontario Mills still has several pairs available, scooped up a size 12 yesterday.

Finishline.com has some decent sizes in stock. like 9-11 and a couple scattered szs...

Now that I finally got mine, I can say without a doubt that this leather FEELS much better, but I can say with confidence the WCIV is much better in quality, since it doesnt crease.

Also looks like I was tripping over nothing with the off white argument since this shoe IS off white, just not greyish off-white. It looks more eggshell. Wish the Military Blue was darker and the white was a little more off white. It would make the grey stand out more.

As for people praising the quality of this shoe, the quality is good, not great. To say it is better than the WCIVs is blasphemy. Like I said, it only FEELS better, but it is not better.

With that said I hope the Fire Reds are more like the WCIVs (because I want them to last) and the 2012 Lasers are more like the military blues (because I won't sport em as much anyway).

I need to post a comparison pic of all three that have dropped this year. Doesnt look like these will make it to the sales rack or I would've ordered a beater pair.

Originally Posted by sunshineblotters

Now that I finally got mine, I can say without a doubt that this leather FEELS much better, but I can say with confidence the WCIV is much better in quality, since it doesnt crease.

Also looks like I was tripping over nothing with the off white argument since this shoe IS off white, just not greyish off-white. It looks more eggshell. Wish the Military Blue was darker and the white was a little more off white. It would make the grey stand out more.

As for people praising the quality of this shoe, the quality is good, not great. To say it is better than the WCIVs is blasphemy. Like I said, it only FEELS better, but it is not better.

With that said I hope the Fire Reds are more like the WCIVs (because I want them to last) and the 2012 Lasers are more like the military blues (because I won't sport em as much anyway).

I need to post a comparison pic of all three that have dropped this year. Doesnt look like these will make it to the sales rack or I would've ordered a beater pair.

Just an observation: the entire basis for your argument of the White Cement IVs being better quality wise seems to be the fact that they don't crease (correct me if I'm wrong).

The leather on these is far from perfect, but it's definitely better than that stiff, plastic leather used on the White Cements.  If you want a pair of shoes with good quality leather that Nike dropped recently, pick up a pair of Citron or Infrared SC Trainer II's.  That leather doesn't crease much, but that's the kind of leather that once it does crease, it looks GOOD creased.

Those White Cement's are eventually going to crease and once they do, expect to see a big, deep line horizontally through your toebox.  That stiff, plastic leather is not good quality.  Yes if your main criteria is "they don't crease" then I guess those will satisfy you.  If that's your idea of good quality then we will have to agree to disagree.  Comfort wise, wearing shoes like that for extended periods of time will not trump wearing a shoe that actually has some give to them.

Back
Top Bottom