Air Jordan IV White/Cement 2012 Via Modern Notoriety Update **Nov 2nd 2011** 1st Page VOL ON POINT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by El Bro

Originally Posted by kc37

Originally Posted by nimhet

I never had a chance to get these back in the day but I'm not missing out now
Pretty much this.
I hear all the complaints, and I respect them, and I know I'm part of the problem for wanting these regardless of their "mistakes", but....I don't care.
I'm not mad at anyone that passes on them - and those people shouldn't be mad at those who want them.

See and Im the opposite.  I bought them in May of 99 and I loved them.  I beat them to the ground and still have them to this day.  The problem for me is when I saw them back then, my eyes lit up and bought them no questions but when I see them now, there is nothing special about them that there once was, and thats because JB sucked all the guts out of the shoe, mainly Nike Air.  The only saving grace is that Dkonstantinos opened a door for us and figured out a way to put Nike Air back on the IV. 

Right, and I totally respect that.  That's an individual perspective, and there's enough love and history in the shoe that I can't possibly look wrongly at anyone that feels the way you do.  And I'm not pretending that the shoe I plan on buying has any of that mystique to it - because I'm not paying for it.  That's what the bubble between the $160 and whatever a DS pair of 99s costs buys people - though even buying 99s now wouldn't personally mean that much more to me.  If I had the cash and resources (again, this is me personally), I'd get more of that feeling finding OG IVs, because that's a shoe that came out when I was a sophomore in HS, didn't have my first job yet, and couldn't get them even though I loved them (my first OGs was the VI).

Anyway, my overall point is that people are buying these (or not buying these) for different reasons, and I think that gets lost here.  I don't post much, but I've been reading this site for 5-6 years, and people complain over and over about hype, but I think what's been worse is the "elitist sheep" mentality (and I don't mean you in this case, just in general), and once one person criticizes someone for liking a "subpar" shoe (either in quality or design), then the sheep follow.  I guarantee I've bought shoes that would be looked down upon by a thousand people I'll never meet - I don't care.

Now, that's off my chest.

Originally Posted by LeClutchJames

maybe the 2012's?
kanye west

6dzpyv.jpg
You might be on to something 
laugh.gif

What the hell is with that extra gray on the sole, r u $%!**$% kiddin me! I plan on giving this up next year and these shoes r one of the big releases in my "retirement plan" if they mess these up!!!!

What the hell is with that extra gray on the sole, r u $%!**$% kiddin me! I plan on giving this up next year and these shoes r one of the big releases in my "retirement plan" if they mess these up!!!!

im gonna be pissed if they release em with the extra gray but ill cop em n paint em
whered you get that pic?

im gonna be pissed if they release em with the extra gray but ill cop em n paint em
whered you get that pic?

Pretty much this.
I hear all the complaints, and I respect them, and I know I'm part of the problem for wanting these regardless of their "mistakes", but....I don't care.
I'm not mad at anyone that passes on them - and those people shouldn't be mad at those who want them.

See and Im the opposite.  I bought them in May of 99 and I loved them.  I beat them to the ground and still have them to this day.  The problem for me is when I saw them back then, my eyes lit up and bought them no questions but when I see them now, there is nothing special about them that there once was, and thats because JB sucked all the guts out of the shoe, mainly Nike Air.  The only saving grace is that Dkonstantinos opened a door for us and figured out a way to put Nike Air back on the IV. 

Right, and I totally respect that.  That's an individual perspective, and there's enough love and history in the shoe that I can't possibly look wrongly at anyone that feels the way you do.  And I'm not pretending that the shoe I plan on buying has any of that mystique to it - because I'm not paying for it.  That's what the bubble between the $160 and whatever a DS pair of 99s costs buys people - though even buying 99s now wouldn't personally mean that much more to me.  If I had the cash and resources (again, this is me personally), I'd get more of that feeling finding OG IVs, because that's a shoe that came out when I was a sophomore in HS, didn't have my first job yet, and couldn't get them even though I loved them (my first OGs was the VI).

Anyway, my overall point is that people are buying these (or not buying these) for different reasons, and I think that gets lost here.  I don't post much, but I've been reading this site for 5-6 years, and people complain over and over about hype, but I think what's been worse is the "elitist sheep" mentality (and I don't mean you in this case, just in general), and once one person criticizes someone for liking a "subpar" shoe (either in quality or design), then the sheep follow.  I guarantee I've bought shoes that would be looked down upon by a thousand people I'll never meet - I don't care.

My only real complaint is that they are charging 160.00 for a shoe with cheaper materials and 1980's technology.

They were 99 dollars back in 1999, Better Materials.

Adjusted for Inflation, thats about 135.00 in todays dollars.

In 2006 they charged 115 which is exactly equal to 99 dollars in 1999  ( $115(2006) = $99(1999) ) 
                                                                                                           ( $115 (2006) = $130(2011) )
                                                                                                           ( $99(1999) = $135(2011) )
But they arent charging 130 or 135, they are charging 160. 

So in addition to cheapening the shoe, they have raised the prices just because of hype alone.  

FU JB, these will be an easy pass for me, unless they are exactly made like the 99's.

Pretty much this.

My only real complaint is that they are charging 160.00 for a shoe with cheaper materials and 1980's technology.

In 2006 they charged 115 which is exactly equal to 99 dollars in 1999  ( $115(2006) = $99(1999) ) 

So in addition to cheapening the shoe, they have raised the prices just because of hype alone.  

FU JB, these will be an easy pass for me, unless they are exactly made like the 99's.

You get no argument from me on this point.

You get no argument from me on this point.

Originally Posted by j4ck

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Lebron shouldn't even be mentioned in a Jordan Thread. 

Even though I like white cement IV's more than the south beaches, I actually felt like I got $160 worth of a shoe when I bought my south beaches. I'm pretty sure I won't feel like that about the cement IV's. It's almost laughable that those two sneakers share a price tag.
how many people buy lebrons for BBall > # people who buy Jordans to ball in
thats probably why

So the fact that people buy more Lebrons than Jordans to ball in justifies getting less of a shoe and quality In Jordan's but still paying the same amount as a well made pair?
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Lebron shouldn't even be mentioned in a Jordan Thread. 

Even though I like white cement IV's more than the south beaches, I actually felt like I got $160 worth of a shoe when I bought my south beaches. I'm pretty sure I won't feel like that about the cement IV's. It's almost laughable that those two sneakers share a price tag.
how many people buy lebrons for BBall > # people who buy Jordans to ball in
thats probably why

So the fact that people buy more Lebrons than Jordans to ball in justifies getting less of a shoe and quality In Jordan's but still paying the same amount as a well made pair?
30t6p3b.gif

People act surprised? this is what youre gonna get , this is how JB make retros nowadays and has been doin for several years. I do understand some gettin P'd off , i was in the same boat when the infra VI released last year, you got that little strim of hope left but its time to jump off the hypewagon ppl.

People act surprised? this is what youre gonna get , this is how JB make retros nowadays and has been doin for several years. I do understand some gettin P'd off , i was in the same boat when the infra VI released last year, you got that little strim of hope left but its time to jump off the hypewagon ppl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom