Air Jordan IV White/Cement 2012 Via Modern Notoriety Update **Nov 2nd 2011** 1st Page VOL ON POINT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by j4ck

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Just go back to the LBJ thread and enjoy your pre-heats....
laugh.gif
 Damn son
Lebron shouldn't even be mentioned in a Jordan Thread. 

Even though I like white cement IV's more than the south beaches, I actually felt like I got $160 worth of a shoe when I bought my south beaches. I'm pretty sure I won't feel like that about the cement IV's. It's almost laughable that those two sneakers share a price tag.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Just go back to the LBJ thread and enjoy your pre-heats....
laugh.gif
 Damn son

Even though I like white cement IV's more than the south beaches, I actually felt like I got $160 worth of a shoe when I bought my south beaches. I'm pretty sure I won't feel like that about the cement IV's. It's almost laughable that those two sneakers share a price tag.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

AHHHH, A TRAPPER KEEPER. FOND MEMORIES.

^ this ^

And that NWA was the illness.... I use to keep the CASSETTE TAPE in the chest poccet of my Diccies shirts.... damn str8 fond memories....

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

AHHHH, A TRAPPER KEEPER. FOND MEMORIES.

^ this ^

And that NWA was the illness.... I use to keep the CASSETTE TAPE in the chest poccet of my Diccies shirts.... damn str8 fond memories....

Originally Posted by dtb00201

laugh.gif
 Damn son

how many people buy lebrons for BBall > # people who buy Jordans to ball in
thats probably why

laugh.gif
 Damn son

how many people buy lebrons for BBall > # people who buy Jordans to ball in
thats probably why

Seeing some of the pictures in this thread make me happy I decided to get a pair of 99s. With that said though I will be looking to snag a pair of the '12 release so I can ice my current pair. I just hope the cement color isnt that dark as shown earlier.

Seeing some of the pictures in this thread make me happy I decided to get a pair of 99s. With that said though I will be looking to snag a pair of the '12 release so I can ice my current pair. I just hope the cement color isnt that dark as shown earlier.

Originally Posted by kc37

Originally Posted by nimhet

I never had a chance to get these back in the day but I'm not missing out now
Pretty much this.
I hear all the complaints, and I respect them, and I know I'm part of the problem for wanting these regardless of their "mistakes", but....I don't care.
I'm not mad at anyone that passes on them - and those people shouldn't be mad at those who want them.

See and Im the opposite.  I bought them in May of 99 and I loved them.  I beat them to the ground and still have them to this day.  The problem for me is when I saw them back then, my eyes lit up and bought them no questions but when I see them now, there is nothing special about them that there once was, and thats because JB sucked all the guts out of the shoe, mainly Nike Air.  The only saving grace is that Dkonstantinos opened a door for us and figured out a way to put Nike Air back on the IV. 

Pretty much this.
I hear all the complaints, and I respect them, and I know I'm part of the problem for wanting these regardless of their "mistakes", but....I don't care.
I'm not mad at anyone that passes on them - and those people shouldn't be mad at those who want them.

See and Im the opposite.  I bought them in May of 99 and I loved them.  I beat them to the ground and still have them to this day.  The problem for me is when I saw them back then, my eyes lit up and bought them no questions but when I see them now, there is nothing special about them that there once was, and thats because JB sucked all the guts out of the shoe, mainly Nike Air.  The only saving grace is that Dkonstantinos opened a door for us and figured out a way to put Nike Air back on the IV. 

laugh.gif
 Damn son

eek.gif

laugh.gif
 Damn son

eek.gif

He said trapper keeper! That is something I have not thought about in 19 years. WOW! Am I old!

He said trapper keeper! That is something I have not thought about in 19 years. WOW! Am I old!

Originally Posted by El Bro

Pretty much this.

Right, and I totally respect that.  That's an individual perspective, and there's enough love and history in the shoe that I can't possibly look wrongly at anyone that feels the way you do.  And I'm not pretending that the shoe I plan on buying has any of that mystique to it - because I'm not paying for it.  That's what the bubble between the $160 and whatever a DS pair of 99s costs buys people - though even buying 99s now wouldn't personally mean that much more to me.  If I had the cash and resources (again, this is me personally), I'd get more of that feeling finding OG IVs, because that's a shoe that came out when I was a sophomore in HS, didn't have my first job yet, and couldn't get them even though I loved them (my first OGs was the VI).

Anyway, my overall point is that people are buying these (or not buying these) for different reasons, and I think that gets lost here.  I don't post much, but I've been reading this site for 5-6 years, and people complain over and over about hype, but I think what's been worse is the "elitist sheep" mentality (and I don't mean you in this case, just in general), and once one person criticizes someone for liking a "subpar" shoe (either in quality or design), then the sheep follow.  I guarantee I've bought shoes that would be looked down upon by a thousand people I'll never meet - I don't care.

Now, that's off my chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom