Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

I wouldnt insist on painting them, moreso finding a method to fray/strip it

Maybe light sandpaper? Idk

Both are bad ideas. A simple colored pencil or an oil pastel like medium should do the trick. I’d stay away from paint, charcoal (could smudge and make the shoe ashy) and definitely fraying (will just age your pair prematurely).

In the end there just shoes.....a material possession that means absolutely nothing. Ive been feeling that way lately about all these shoes and had a wake up call last night when my dad had a stroke. He's currently not doing well at all and just makes you realize what matters in life. And it ain't shoes. Enjoy them but don't obsess. Peace.

Lost my pops 12/23/2018 to cancer man so definitely appreciate him and cherish your time you have with him. Blessings on the recovery and to your family as well.

Lost my pops 12/23/2018 to cancer man so definitely appreciate him and cherish your time you have with him. Blessings on the recovery and to your family as well.
Sorry for your loss to brother.....most definitely don't take anything for granted. We run a corner store for the past twenty years and he's the most humble guy you'll meet. All our customers love him because he is a rare breed....never thought he was better than anyone and never spent money on anything. Drives a 2500 dollar car and still shops at Goodwill. Hurts man. Never smoked or drinked a day in his life...69 years old.

Last edited:
Damn didn’t expect that but Nike hit me with the 2nd day Air. Was scheduled for Monday but now it expects to arrive by tomorrow’s nice.

Gettin better and better :pimp:

92A641C1-DD33-46D1-8821-FD13F844C219.jpeg

You and others don’t care for them and that’s fine. No matter what side of the fence you’re on, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Every retro isn’t an exact copy of the original. Let’s just enjoy the shoe for what it is—better than the 2012 but not a direct match for the OG. This is still the closest we’ve ever had.
Dude, I bought them. I didn't say I don't care for them, I've only pointed out--as others have--what could be better. I'm not even going to go down the road for the billionth time about can or if or why retros aren't just like the OGs. I'm excited to get my pair delivered tomorrow. I would be even more excited if they had done a better job on them. That's not hate, that's not being overly negative, that's not anything but an honest observation. But like I said, I'm excited to get them, regardless.

Been meaning to ask anyone who knows: Did the OG of these come with THAT hang tag? My OG fire red IVs that I got in 1989 came with the thicker, hard clear plastic tag like the one Nike supplied with the 2016 white/cements. But I didn't have the black/cements back then, so I don't know for sure. It's certainly possible they switched up the style of tags by the time the fire reds released.

Officially getting two pairs of these but what’s sad is I haven’t even unds’d my ‘16 WC4s yet (2012 pair still looks new). I got issues apparently lol. On another note, I wonder how a re-relace would effect the overall shape on these? I imagine not much but I’m gonna definitely “un-choke” my pair and see if I can loosen them up.

One thing I didn't notice until the nightwing video is the stitching under the wings going all the way to the heel tab. It's also kind of weird it goes past the front of it, looks way cleaner when it starts and stops right under the wings.

Back
Top Bottom