Air Jordan IX Wht/Black/Red HOLIDAY 2016

Had the '02 pair and '10 pair. I wore my '02 pair to the ground for 7 years. Midsole paint was still intact. My '10 pair after the 3rd year of owning them has a huge round paint peel on the left shoe, which I've hardly worn.

I wanted these in middle school when they dropped back in the early 2000s. I missed the CDP and the 2010. I can't miss these :smokin

Last edited:
I forgot i had these until i was cleaning my closet earlier this week. im just really interested to see what other sneakers are coming out from the movie? 

Didn't penny have that same PE though?

Why do I get the feeling this is gonna be like the white/black 13s? Lines everywhere all because of a movie
mean.gif
. Hopefully most people stay away now that the space jam 11s are also coming.

This will be my next Jordan in 2016. I'm crossing off my "I wanted these in grade school but never got themJordan bucket list" this year for sure. Brings me back to my freshman year of high school when I see these. I think these will be a smooth transaction the first day.

Any risk with breaking out a DS 2002 release of these? I'm unable to view them in person, but I've read that some shoes may break down, crumble or what not if they haven't been worn in such a long time. Or am I overthinking this?

Maybe the Bill Murray worn Jordan 2 (og colorway)?

Well they dropped two Jordan II's this year. The Wht/Blk-Red II's haven't dropped since '10? They haven't dropped true to OG since 1994, so maybe we get those minus the black lining.

Well they dropped two Jordan II's this year. The Wht/Blk-Red II's haven't dropped since '10? They haven't dropped true to OG since 1994, so maybe we get those minus the black lining.

That's what I was thinking. It's been 6 years and they haven't dropped accurately in 22 years. It would make sense.

THEN again they made those awful space jam 5s, so it could be some other stupid gimmick.

Last edited:
No brainer autocop. The way people may feel for Chicago 1s, Cement 4s is how i feel about this particular colorway. Powder IX and Olive IX are my GOAT sneakers but this colorway is the reason why I love Air Jordan IXs. The first time I seen these on feet I could not stop looking at them. Perfect colorblocking especially at that time in 1993. The white pops and the black is bold. The Air Jordan spellout in all caps on tongue commands respect. Clean sleek design. They look majestic in shorts and proud/stout with jeans. Why dont some of you guys see the perfection in this model? The lines and curves of Air Jordan IX are some of the  most visually appealing dimensions I ever seen on any type of footwear period.

I love Air Jordan IX. The VIII-IX-X era is my favorite era in Air Jordan history. 1993 and 1994 put alot of us late 70s-early 80s baby in the cockpit position to not only being a part of history in seeing what the future held in this brand with jordan abruptly retiring (you younger guys may not understand the magnitude of his retirement in 1993. if twitter was around it would of glitched out and broke twitter for a week)but it also gave us a chance to get schooled on to apperciate the past by the 1st run retro line. The day I saw the Air Jordan Xs in store, IXs were still there along with Is, IIs and IIIs

I just about agree with everything you said [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

Class of 95' all the way live!!!

This shoe is one of my GRAILS as well. I love the mystique that surrounds the IX's or lack thereof.

Like another poster said, the nostalgia this shoe conjures up is reason enough alone to cop.

Have never had a IX so a double up is probably necessary. JB is killing the game this year.

Too much heat for my wallet.

This is the only retro release of a classic colorway this year that is releasing at the perfect timing. They didn't wait 15 years to retro them again (iniglo XIV) and they didn't push the panic button on them at a time when they should wait (Space Jam XI).

I know you guys want your Jams, hell, I do too, but up until this year we had a pretty good system spotting foo-foo Space Jams. WE ALL BUT KILLED THAT GREY MARKET FLEXIN ON THAT SHOE, AND HERE COMES JB EFFING UP THE SYSTEM AGAIN. GIVING A GREEN LIGHT FOR FOOLS TO BREAK OUT THEM FAKES.

Even though I just got a pair of these (IX) this pass Christmas, I'm still down for a fresh ds pair. Best announced release of the year imo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom