Air Jordan Retro 11 Low IE "Space Jam" July 2019

I feel you, but I dont think bc these lack that that they aren't a nice shoe. To me this is like the Snakeskin lows. Something completely different that is not OG based. I would even go on a limb and say the soles on the 2003 retros are a nice twist from the original. To me this is a completely new concept on the XI low, that I really like and think is well executed. Kudos to JB for finally getting something right.
I hear ya, I just don't love patent leather on much other than actual 11 mids. It's been overused by JB throughout the years on loads of garbage team shoes and thrown retroactively on retros of OG models. Putting it on these, I get it, I just personally don't think it looks that great. The IEs look better the more simple they keep it. God I want that OG colorway with the correct soles on them LOL

Last edited:
I got that part but I still don't understand how dudes wanted a SJ based IE and then when they put PL on it, they got annoyed :lol: I don't care for PL on any version of this shoe but this is MEANT to be a tribute to 11's.. it's their opinion. Just makes no sense.
Well you can make a tribute without needing to go so literal with it. The IEs ARE an OG 11. Actually the real OG 11 low. The colorway is what makes it an SJ-tribute, they didn't have to make all the materials the exact same. I just think the first sample we saw of these was cleaner and classier than this retail version, but that's just me.

I hear ya, I just don't love patent leather on much other than actual 11 mids. It's been overused by JB throughout the years on loads of garbage team shoes and thrown retroactively on retros of OG models. Putting it on these, I get it, I just personally don't think it loos that great. The IEs look better the more simple they keep it. God I want that OG colorway with the correct soles on them LOL
I just picked up an OG pair for $110 shipped in excellent condition. They are sweet for sure.

I just picked up an OG pair for $110 shipped in excellent condition. They are sweet for sure.
Yoooooooo. Post pics.
Trouble with that is, they aren't wearable. I'm not a collector in that way so doesn't do me much good to buy an OG pair but I want to see them just so I can get even more depressed I don't have a wearable pair LOL. These JB mofos. Like, WTF is your problem not doing a proper retro of these bad boys? But you put out monochrome volt etc color ways? *** holes.

Well you can make a tribute without needing to go so literal with it. The IEs ARE an OG 11. Actually the real OG 11 low. The colorway is what makes it an SJ-tribute, they didn't have to make all the materials the exact same. I just think the first sample we saw of these was cleaner and classier than this retail version, but that's just me.

I see your reasoning and I get it all the same.. It just makes no sense on an irrational level :lol: People just want what they want I guess. Not sure if you're in the bunch but look at all the people in the XXXIII thread that wanted literal representations of a newer AJ3.. if the literal thing applies here it most DEFINITELY applies there. Nothing has been abused more than cement print.. not even PL :lol:

Yoooooooo. Post pics.
Trouble with that is, they aren't wearable. I'm not a collector in that way so doesn't do me much good to buy an OG pair but I want to see them just so I can get even more depressed I don't have a wearable pair LOL. These JB mofos. Like, WTF is your problem not doing a proper retro of these bad boys? But you put out monochrome volt etc color ways? *** holes.
I'll post when I get home. 11s are easy to restore and get wearable again. I wouldn't let that deter you. The OG are pretty easy to find on Ebay.

I see your reasoning and I get it all the same.. It just makes no sense on an irrational level :lol: People just want what they want I guess. Not sure if you're in the bunch but look at all the people in the XXXIII thread that wanted literal representations of a newer AJ3.. if the literal thing applies here it most DEFINITELY applies there. Nothing has been abused more than cement print.. not even PL :lol:
Ha yeah. I was in the 33 thread a LOT for quite some time. Then JB did nothing with it so I lost interest. I still check in once a week or so. I never was in that camp that wanted 33s to have cement and all that. I just wanted sick colorways, and bought the FoF because it's the only one that qualifies in my opinion. Rest has been lame. So at least I'm consistent with my philosophy LOL

I'll post when I get home. 11s are easy to restore and get wearable again. I wouldn't let that deter you. The OG are pretty easy to find on Ebay.
I know but it's just not my thing to restore 20+-year-old shoes. I have too many shoes as it is and spend too much on them. I'm not into buying an old pair then dealing with the time, expense and hassle to get them fixed up by someone. I'm waiting it out for a proper retro, as much as JB does any proper retros at this point.

We still need bred ie done right.
Exactly what we're saying in here.

Ha yeah. I was in the 33 thread a LOT for quite some time. Then JB did nothing with it so I lost interest. I still check in once a week or so. I never was in that camp that wanted 33s to have cement and all that. I just wanted sick colorways, and bought the FoF because it's the only one that qualifies in my opinion. Rest has been lame. So at least I'm consistent with my philosophy LOL

I know but it's just not my thing to restore 20+-year-old shoes. I have too many shoes as it is and spend too much on them. I'm not into buying an old pair then dealing with the time, expense and hassle to get them fixed up by someone. I'm waiting it out for a proper retro, as much as JB does any proper retros at this point.

Exactly what we're saying in here.
Well, theres no guarantee JB redoes those to OG specs. You can buy an OG cheap and more than likely need just a reglue. You'll end up spending the same as what a retro would cost anyways but you bet the gloryousness of the OG..just my .02.

I just cant do most retros that JB puts out. They are almost never the quality of the OG, shape is off, etc. I'd much rather buy an OG pair and put some time into it and have exactly what I want. I just bought a DS pair of OG playoff 13s on Ebay for $119. The deals are out there.

Well, theres no guarantee JB redoes those to OG specs. You can buy an OG cheap and more than likely need just a reglue. You'll end up spending the same as what a retro would cost anyways but you bet the gloryousness of the OG..just my .02.
Just looked at the bay. Don't see any OG sz 11s on there. I'd only be interested in a DS shoe, I don't do shoes worn by other people. There's a 10.5 listed for $275 or something like that (already forgot LOL).
I don't know why but I'm convinced they are going to retro these right soon. If I'm wrong, that's OK. I've got so many must-haves, it's fun to still have something out there to dream about. Really appreciate your point of view, though, for real.

Just looked at the bay. Don't see any OG sz 11s on there. I'd only be interested in a DS shoe, I don't do shoes worn by other people. There's a 10.5 listed for $275 or something like that (already forgot LOL).
I don't know why but I'm convinced they are going to retro these right soon. If I'm wrong, that's OK. I've got so many must-haves, it's fun to still have something out there to dream about. Really appreciate your point of view, though, for real.
I feel ya. I'm ok with lightly worn where you can tell they were lightly worn. The pair I bought is VNDS. Yup, I was looking at that 10.5 and put an offer in for 200 which was declined. There was another 10.5 a few days ago from Italy for $215 shipped DS. I should have said it's not like Ebay is flooded, but they do pop up. It's part of the fun for me to hunt some of these shoes down...

Air-Jordan-11-Low-IE-Space-Jam-919712-041-Release-Date-Pricing.jpg

Air-Jordan-11-Low-IE-Space-Jam-919712-041-Release-Date-Pricing-2.jpg

Air-Jordan-11-Low-IE-Space-Jam-919712-041-Release-Date-Pricing-3.jpg

Air-Jordan-11-Low-IE-Space-Jam-919712-041-Release-Date-Pricing-5.jpg

Air-Jordan-11-Low-IE-Space-Jam-919712-041-Release-Date-Pricing-1.jpg

^^^^ Was about to say, that leather on the toe looks bad. Obviously I wasn't down with these, anyway, but they look even worse to me after seeing that.

These are copped, just not for retail.

I don’t currently have any IEs in my rotation, and these will hold me over until the OG colorways drop again.

Just pulled the black/maize lows out of storage.

Pretty decent retro. And for a steal back then.

Yoooooooo. Post pics.

Where's the petition? I'm ready to sign it. These are single-handedly the most underrated Jordans in the entire line, in my opinion. It's time to do them justice.

michael-jordan-game-3-orlando-1996-01.png

Yea, the leather definitely is cheaper. I'm still in on these at a deep discount and assuming they are comfortable. Still a sweet shoe, imo.

I like em. But a retro of the the original the correct way would be much more welcomed.

Goddamn I'm an idiot for not buying these back in '96. The shape and overall look is so sick. Honestly, if JB said I could singlehandedly pick which OG gets retroed next that we don't yet know about, I think this is what I would pick. Over the WC IIIs, 3M tongue fire red Vs, playoff and white/red 12s, playoff 13s ... these things are just so sleek. You can wear them with anything and they look dope. I'll buy three pairs if not four when the day comes that they drop.

I was like 11 in 96 and I was a crackhead for those but super poor beyond my age lol. I agree its gotta be the most underrated. As for these SJ joints I really like what they did but I hate the break between leather and the nylon upper. And the toe box leather they went with.. :sick:

Back
Top Bottom