Air Jordan Retro 5 "Doernbecher" release!! 9/14/13 No BOT TALK/SELLING/BUYING/TRADING

>hates greedy people

>buys from nike/jordan who pay their laborers pennies to make the shoes you buy for $180-$250 retail when the actual cost of the shoe is $30-$50

That's consider smart business. If I can get a company like Nike you bet I'll do the same.

I don't want these but I hate greedy people. do you really not have a good enough life/job where you have to buy up all the shoes so no one can buy them and then extort them for more money so they can have a pair. does that make you feel good or something? :smh:  If I did that on a regular basis I would feel pretty useless
>hates greedy people

>buys from nike/jordan who pay their laborers pennies to make the shoes you buy for $180-$250 retail when the actual cost of the shoe is $30-$50

That would be the materials cost. What about the overhead costs like R&D, designer and executive salaries, shipping, etc?

Last edited:
View media item 576837
Just when I thought the sneaker game was bad. These guys has been camping before the announcement of the new iPhone. I know they aren't there camping for the random iphone. The 5S is a week away.

That's consider smart business. If I can get a company like Nike you bet I'll do the same.
Of course, I don't consider it greedy. It's a business but if that's his logic of greediness then Nike/Jordan would be considered greedy but yet he buys their product. 

That would be the materials cost. What about the overhead costs like R&D, designer and executive salaries, shipping, etc?
The Cost of a Pair of Nike Shoes

(J.Ballinger and C.Olsson, Behind the Swoosh, Global Publ. Foundation, 1997)

In the table below, the cost of a US$70 pair of Nike "Air Pegasus" shoes is broken down into its component parts. The data was compiled by researchers at the Washington Post newspaper using information from Nike, the US Customs Service, a large national retail chain, the Athletic Footwear Association, industry consultants and executives. All costs are in US dollars. (Washington Post 1995)

Other researchers have done similar breakdowns and come up with much the same result (see for example Brookes and Madden l995: 9).

Note that the cost of production labour is only $2.75 or 4 percent of the price paid by the consumer. So wages for production workers could be significantly increased without adding much to the cost of the shoes.

Even if wages were doubled and the extra cost passed straight on to the consumer, it would add no more to the price of the shoes than the cost of a pair of shoelaces. It would add 4 percent, or in Australian terms, A$4 onto the cost of a A$100 pair of shoes. Consumers would hardly notice, but it would make an enormous difference to hundreds of thousands of production workers and their families.

Production labour $2.75

Materials 9.00

Rent, equipment 3.00

Supplier's operating profit 1.75

Duties 3.00

Shipping 0.50

Cost to Nike $20.00

Research and development 0.25

Promotion and adversiting 4.00

Sales, distribution, admin. 5.00

Nike's operating profit 6.25

Cost retailer $35.50

Retailer's rent 9.00

Personnel 9.50

Other 7.00

Retailer's operating profit 9.00

Cost to consumer $70.00

It should be noted that Nike spends nearly twice as much on promotion and advertising as it does on production workers' wages. In March 199S for example, tennis star Andre Agassi was paid a reputed A$140 million to promote Nike shoes and clothing. 

Last edited:
I just want to rock these while playing laser tag

You might as well save your money and sit in the out bench. I don't see you lasting very long with these Shoe on. Unless your strategy was to use the Jordan flashlight and blind them to death.

the black and asian team im talking bout is just that...a black dude (chubby) and an asian dude. theyre at every release with minimum 4 pairs. ntla doesnt check id at checkout so they pay for their girls and misc folks rsvps..then they wait for left overs.

ntsm used to be legit till the celebration pack. the manager let that resell get to him and kept the left over pairs for himself.

[

The Cost of a Pair of Nike Shoes

(J.Ballinger and C.Olsson, Behind the Swoosh, Global Publ. Foundation, 1997)

In the table below, the cost of a US$70 pair of Nike "Air Pegasus" shoes is broken down into its component parts. The data was compiled by researchers at the Washington Post newspaper using information from Nike, the US Customs Service, a large national retail chain, the Athletic Footwear Association, industry consultants and executives. All costs are in US dollars. (Washington Post 1995)

Other researchers have done similar breakdowns and come up with much the same result (see for example Brookes and Madden l995: 9).

Note that the cost of production labour is only $2.75 or 4 percent of the price paid by the consumer. So wages for production workers could be significantly increased without adding much to the cost of the shoes.

Even if wages were doubled and the extra cost passed straight on to the consumer, it would add no more to the price of the shoes than the cost of a pair of shoelaces. It would add 4 percent, or in Australian terms, A$4 onto the cost of a A$100 pair of shoes. Consumers would hardly notice, but it would make an enormous difference to hundreds of thousands of production workers and their families.

Production labour $2.75

Materials 9.00

Rent, equipment 3.00

Supplier's operating profit 1.75

Duties 3.00

Shipping 0.50

Cost to Nike $20.00

Research and development 0.25

Promotion and adversiting 4.00

Sales, distribution, admin. 5.00

Nike's operating profit 6.25

Cost retailer $35.50

Retailer's rent 9.00

Personnel 9.50

Other 7.00

Retailer's operating profit 9.00

Cost to consumer $70.00

It should be noted that Nike spends nearly twice as much on promotion and advertising as it does on production workers' wages. In March 199S for example, tennis star Andre Agassi was paid a reputed A$140 million to promote Nike shoes and clothing. 
So in your example, Nike made $6.25 profit per pair.

Last edited:
RSVP day already
laugh.gif

Well lets get it then
how do you RSVP these?

sneaker morons have done the samething

that's why its become too much trouble to get kicks

me i'll be outside ntny or 21 mercer tomorrow looking for someone with a 8.5 and $600.00 to give them

Lol so you are actually gonna pay those 'sneaker morons' so they ll keep doing what the do ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom