Air Jordan Retro XI - Concord 2011 (topics merged)

Originally Posted by bullsfan4life

Originally Posted by jgamel81

wouldn't it be funny if Jb let the hype get so big, and then announce that they scraped the xi's for another time. seriously, the hype for shoes nowadays is waaaaaaaaaaaay beyond what it used to be. even though the shoes back then were better. i don't think there was such thing as a reseller in like 99-01. i remember when the concords retroed (not dmp), going to footlocker @4am. the line was mediocre, and there was no fighting, or people stealing shoes as you left the store. and everyone bought ONE pair. i hate you greedy bastards. u ruined the art that is shoe appreciation. call me old fashioned, but those were the days.
WHAT HE SAID^^^^^^^^^
tired.gif

THANKS RED

Amen! I miss those days.

wouldn't it be funny if Jb let the hype get so big, and then announce that they scraped the xi's for another time. seriously, the hype for shoes nowadays is waaaaaaaaaaaay beyond what it used to be. even though the shoes back then were better. i don't think there was such thing as a reseller in like 99-01. i remember when the concords retroed (not dmp), going to footlocker @4am. the line was mediocre, and there was no fighting, or people stealing shoes as you left the store. and everyone bought ONE pair. i hate you greedy bastards. u ruined the art that is shoe appreciation. call me old fashioned, but those were the days.

^ Church. Co-sign on this sir. Kids nowadays just build up their own hype just to feel like they got grails!

Anyway, I appreciate JB's effort to package their releases well (DMP Gold hangtags, 3s OG box, infrared plastic wraps, SJ/CG plastic trees) but I can't help but feel they're just sugar coating the bad quality... Good looking wrappers for not so good tasting candy. JB should put more work in the Concords... Still optimistic though.

^ Church. Co-sign on this sir. Kids nowadays just build up their own hype just to feel like they got grails!

Anyway, I appreciate JB's effort to package their releases well (DMP Gold hangtags, 3s OG box, infrared plastic wraps, SJ/CG plastic trees) but I can't help but feel they're just sugar coating the bad quality... Good looking wrappers for not so good tasting candy. JB should put more work in the Concords... Still optimistic though.

Back
Top Bottom