Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

I had this pair as a kid so they will always hold a special place in my heart. The "23" was a HUGE deal to me then, and if JB had removed it from this pair it would be extremely sad. You only understand if you were around back then, but all the other V's that came out before these (Blk/Metallic, the other Fire Reds, and Grapes) had no 23 so when this pair dropped it was like a bomb going off to kid me. I saw MJ wearing the 23 on his shoes and so when I could have 23 on my shoes it was so sick.

But if there is one colorway that should have the 23 it's these, seeing as how they were the only OG colorway that released with it. The real complaint should be why they REFUSE to use the original font :smh:

Unless they are saving it for the "retro 5 OG 90" :rolleyes

I don't understand why they didn't stick with the original font :rolleyes hell even the original retro+ laneys sample had the font but they switched it to the new font :smh:

With or without the Nike Air the font looks better on the 23 imo

Air-Jordan-Retro-5-Laney-4.jpg

Yah I know. i am just saying. We usually have more pages than this at this point in time.
These are next on my radar after I strike out on the Fear Vs.
I've wanted these for a while. My body is ready!

Because that font is crack
Then don't buy them

This is a sneaker forum where people state their opinions

If I say I like the look of the original font better its my opinion not yours. Frankly I could careless what you think about MY opinion. :rofl:

What I buy with my money is my business not yours. Oh and btw I had the 06's and plan on doubling up on these

4a0c1ba7_102_1800.jpeg

Last edited:

If I say I like the look of the original font better its my opinion not yours. Frankly I could careless what you think about MY opinion. :rofl:

What I buy with my money is my business not yours. Oh and btw I had the 06's and plan on doubling up on these

4a0c1ba7_102_1800.jpeg
Oh wow that hurt... :rolleyes

All I'm saying is the FONT TYPE of the 23 is SO unimportant and if it really makes that big of a difference, maybe you don't truly like the shoe young blood.

And by the way, the 06s have the SAME FONT AS THESE DO!

Some of y'all people complain JUST for the sake of opening your mouth.

Oh wow that hurt... :rolleyes

All I'm saying is the FONT TYPE of the 23 is SO unimportant and if it really makes that big of a difference, maybe you don't truly like the shoe young blood.

And by the way, the 06s have the SAME FONT AS THESE DO!

Some of y'all people complain JUST for the sake of opening your mouth.
QFT

Reaching_for_the_Sky_by_LaynaFilth.jpg

I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings little buddy I was stating facts. You come to a sneaker website to troll and argue over someone's opinion :lol: grow up!

If I didn't like the shoes why would I plan to double up?? :lol:

If I had such a big issue with the font why would I line up in 2006 and a month later for the metallics??

"Some of y'all people complain JUST for the sake of opening your mouth"

Did I say I was complaining and how I wasn't buying because of the font type or not wanting the 23 on the side??

I like the look of the OG font better. It's MY opinion :rofl:

Last edited:
@617collector I understand where you're coming from but there are a few people that are never truly satisfied with anything and the smallest detail they have to open their mouth and complain but i get where you are coming from hopefully all of us can get a pair even though the leather may feel like plastic and soles may be too icy for some people's taste I just want the shoes

Reaching_for_the_Sky_by_LaynaFilth.jpg

I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings little buddy I was stating facts. You come to a sneaker website to troll and argue over someone's opinion :lol: grow up!

If I didn't like the shoes why would I plan to double up?? :lol:

If I had such a big issue with the font why would I line up in 2006 and a month later for the metallics??

"Some of y'all people complain JUST for the sake of opening your mouth"

Did I say I was complaining and how I wasn't buying because of the font type or not wanting the 23 on the side??

I like the look of the OG font better. It's MY opinion :rofl:
Your right lil homie. It's your opinion. Do you.

End of conversation

Last edited:
Just my opinion but the jaggedness of the OG 23 looks better

If I say I like the look of the original font better its my opinion not yours. Frankly I could careless what you think about MY opinion.
roll.gif

4a0c1ba7_102_1800.jpeg

still doubting on this.. too many white based V this year 
mean.gif
 this, the 3m tongue, grape, laney. oh my... JB needs to release the wolf grey and the burgundy again.

still doubting on this.. too many white based V this year :smh:  this, the 3m tongue, grape, laney. oh my... JB needs to release the wolf grey and the burgundy again.
The wolf greys just released. They shipped the wrong size while i was on vacation so id like another go at them but it aknt hapnin

That was said with the III's and VIII's

Pretty much. Hyped shoes have far more post than these 3 weeks from release. Even in the fire red fall thread next to no post where about these.

Back
Top Bottom