Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

I never understood how people could say "these grew on me" on original color ways
laugh.gif
i get what you mean but at the same time its possible. I cant say for myself these grew on me because I knew the colorway but Ive never really been a fan of 5s because they always looked so big and bulky. But there are 3 colorways that i do like for this model: these, metallics, & laneys .. and a couple newer ones black grapes and fresh prince.

For me personally, I never have liked the white Vs in general besides the Laney, all the black cw just seem to make the shoe work better. I was old enough to follow MJs whole career, (was young) but sports were always big in the household. It's not a matter of OG, its a matter of preference.. Comparatively, these look great next to the new **** JB is releasing- such as EP Vs. Some shoes take longer to be coveted by all, I never have liked the II and don't think I ever will, whether OG or Bin 23... But to each his own.

Just copped a pair of bordeauxs, Civilist SB Dunks and now waiting patiently for these at the end of the month. These are much better imo than the ones released beg of year, its been a great month! After this I will be waiting for BEL AIR Vs OMG so hard!

Just copped a pair of bordeauxs, Civilist SB Dunks and now waiting patiently for these at the end of the month. These are much better imo than the ones released beg of year, its been a great month! After this I will be waiting for BEL AIR Vs OMG so hard!
I agree, these are much better than the white fire reds from earlier this year. I hope the leather isn't the same quality as those though.

I never understood how people could say "these grew on me" on original color ways :lol:

Easy. Cuz in our nature to change our stances on various subjects sometimes. I'm sure everyone has had a shoe at a point they loved, but in time didnt care for. Same thing.

I used to not care for the 3M Fire Red V's, but now I like em better then these.

mean.gif

He's saying this isn't a colorway that just came out of the blue like the green glows. This is a sneaker that has been around for 25 years and has been retroed before.
and? it's not like it still can't grow on someone. fire red 3s grew on me about a week before the latest release. I honestly never saw myself copping them before. bout the only shoe I've ever not been decisive on from the first time seeing them. I know they've retro'd which is why I said the first few times it released. not everyone likes every og colorway of every shoe at first.

Last edited:
I bought the metallic fire red V's from earlier this year so I think I'll be passing on these.

I don't even think these should be referred to as fire reds.. .Makes things confusing. Best nickname if any for these is black tongues, imo.

Should be broIm hoping these rumours ppl are chucking around of the date being pushed back to september isnt true. Which would make sense since its so quiet. I really hope not, i need my fix of 5's

Should be bro Im hoping these rumours ppl are chucking around of the date being pushed back to september isnt true. Which would make sense since its so quiet. I really hope not, i need my fix of 5's
If they push it back to put the toebox back to the way its SUPPOSED TO BE then im all for it... for sure

Black metallics without 23 would def be a double cop, never have been fond of it on there. Black metallics take me back to elementary/middle school, classic!

Man, the .5 size I could live with but a whole size would be pretty bad. I'm hesitant to size down after the FR3s, they ended up being TTS for me- another shoe notorious for running .5 size big...
If full size too big run an extra zoom air full insole (did that on the XV;s and they are VERY snug and incredibly comfortable now... if its .5 up you can run a regular gel insole or use a sneaker shield (would recommend .5 up from snug and running the shield anyways)

Back
Top Bottom