Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

Just return them and go half a size down.
I'm worried that if I do that, I could end up with a pair someone returned because of defects.

A good insole that will tighten the fit just a little would satisfy me.

Thing is, for me, going TTS leaves a little room in the big toe area, but my pinky toe is snug.  If I sized down, my pinky toes would get crushed.  The problem withese 5's is there's a lot of room above the top of your foot.  If the show was lower and more form fitting to the top, it would be better.

Last edited:
I'm worried that if I do that, I could end up with a pair someone returned because of defects.

A good insole that will tighten the fit just a little would satisfy me.
I had a shoe givn to me that was 1.5 sizes too big, put an air zoom insole from my randy moss superfreak shoe and it fits snug now.

I had a shoe givn to me that was 1.5 sizes too big, put an air zoom insole from my randy moss superfreak shoe and it fits snug now.
Nice. 

I don't have a Moss Superfreak, so I guess I have to find another brand of insole that can compare to its size.

Nice. 

I don't have a Moss Superfreak, so I guess I have to find another brand of insole that can compare to its size.

They retro'd them as the jordan cover 3's , same full length air zoom insole . These are really cheap . Not sure if you want to drop 50+ on mainly just an insole tho

^^ this is what bugs me so much of jb. You can retro the fire red iii's and black tongue fire red v's with correct fire red colorway but you choose to use varsity red on the mars iv's. Then you had a chance to fix this mistake and still use varsity red on last years "fire red" iv's. Makes me think we won't get the correct shade of infrared on those vi's next year. Glad everyone was able to get their pairs. If you didn't, wait the damn 2 weeks and then have your stores stock locate them. Guarantee you they'll be sitting somewhere.

but all i know is that it puts a toll on youre body and breath
laugh.gif

easy cop as expected.  As long as you didn't procrastinate Saturday morning.  I prefer the FR5 with the 3M tongue tho.   These are still dope

Glad everyone that wanted them was able to get them. This is a cool article about MJ's best moments in this colorway, some pics I hadn't seen here before - http://sneakerreport.com/news/michael-jordans-best-performances-in-the-air-jordan-v-fire-red/

This feature is all wrong. Jordan didn't start wearing the Air Jordan V black tongue/fire red colorway until the fall of 1990 for the first half of the 1990-91 season, NOT at all during the 1989-1990 season. The only Jordan Vs he wore in the spring/summer of 1990 were the 3M tongue/fire red (regular season, 69 points against the Cavs) and the black/silver V for the playoffs. Then in January 1991 he started wearing the white/infrared Jordan VI. Back then Jordan wore each Air Jordan model according to calendar year, not by the NBA season. The first time Jordan wore the same model for an entire season - the Air Jordan XI in '95-'96. He wore the XII for the entire '96-'97 season, and in '97-'98 he almost wore the XIII for the whole season but in the playoffs started wearing low XIIIs and the AJ XIV. I've been collecting Jordans since the fall of 1990, I used to starve myself at school and not spend my lunch money in order to save them for Jordans. Heh. The first pair I ever bought was the OG black/silver V, which was already the "old" colorway in the fall of that year.

2 Posts In 13 Years?! Amazing. Thanks For Dropping Knowledge BTW.

easy cop as expected.  As long as you didn't procrastinate Saturday morning.  I prefer the FR5 with the 3M tongue tho.   These are still dope

i procrastinated but not on purpose and almost had a heart attack. :lol: i did not know what TLO release was :lol:

Back
Top Bottom