Air Jordan V "Black Grapes" QS

So can anyone tell me what the material on the bred 13s is? Doesnt feel like the nubuck on the bred 4s, look and feel like suede to me. Never heard any ashy talk .. while its not 98% of the shoe like these, its still on the shoe .. idk js

One thing I wanted to mention about those is
They take the 3m off, but on some cheap material and raise the price what is up with that

I saw a Footaction manager I know earlier today, I didn't get a chance to look at them although he already had them in stock because locked them up. But he did corroborate the ashy look. He said his shipment came dirty looking in the box. Perhaps a deal breaker especially if I see it in person.

I got another look over the 36 pairs I saw last Tuesday. They've gotten worse over the last week. I'd say there were only about 2 bad looking pairs straight from the factory AT THAT TIME. I don't mean just ashy by that. I mean like where you see ashiness it looks like they were just scraped against the white sidewalk. Now, after employees handling MAYBE 3 or 4 total pairs, and just the boxes getting moved further to the back to make room for low top XI boxes in the front zone (so a little shuffling around), half of these have such odd looking ashiness that the shoes look worn now. Like on the ankle bump areas or anywhere that sticks out off of the flat areas of the shoe, where the shoe actually rests on the paper/box. We used the suede brush on a few and for the most part they blackened back up, but there really were spots that look scratched and chalky just from the friction of rubbing the paper while being moved around that didn't clean up. Maybe storing these outside of the box and standing up will be best when we all get our pairs. I still think this colorway is just the ****, and I personally will overlook any ashiness. The manager is no longer leaving his name in the raffle for a pair, said he "just doesn't want to deal with the constant work it would take to make these not like like you just mixed concrete in them." :lol:

Not a complaint at all, strictly an observation of what I personally have seen from a good sample size over the past week. Haha the kids pairs of these were sitting next to some kids Chicago 1's and I couldn't help but laugh. These look so good with the children's materials, and the kids Chicago 1s have a nice nylon type tongue and just regular old leather on the rest of the shoe. JB just takin jabs at us grown men.

he "just doesn't want to deal with the constant work it would take to make these not like like you just mixed concrete in them."
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Durabuck>Nubuck>Pleather>Suede
I got another look over the 36 pairs I saw last Tuesday. They've gotten worse over the last week. I'd say there were only about 2 bad looking pairs straight from the factory AT THAT TIME. I don't mean just ashy by that. I mean like where you see ashiness it looks like they were just scraped against the white sidewalk. Now, after employees handling MAYBE 3 or 4 total pairs, and just the boxes getting moved further to the back to make room for low top XI boxes in the front zone (so a little shuffling around), half of these have such odd looking ashiness that the shoes look worn now. Like on the ankle bump areas or anywhere that sticks out off of the flat areas of the shoe, where the shoe actually rests on the paper/box. We used the suede brush on a few and for the most part they blackened back up, but there really were spots that look scratched and chalky just from the friction of rubbing the paper while being moved around that didn't clean up. Maybe storing these outside of the box and standing up will be best when we all get our pairs. I still think this colorway is just the ****, and I personally will overlook any ashiness. The manager is no longer leaving his name in the raffle for a pair, said he "just doesn't want to deal with the constant work it would take to make these not like like you just mixed concrete in them."
laugh.gif

Not a complaint at all, strictly an observation of what I personally have seen from a good sample size over the past week. Haha the kids pairs of these were sitting next to some kids Chicago 1's and I couldn't help but laugh. These look so good with the children's materials, and the kids Chicago 1s have a nice nylon type tongue and just regular old leather on the rest of the shoe. JB just takin jabs at us grown men.

I see these on Sneakerape.com for $275, but my questions to those who may know, is Sneakerape legit? and has anyone ordered from them? I'm hearing alot about these sneaker websites messing with people and wrong shipments, late shipments, no shipments lol and i don't want to be one of them.
they basically have a FSR Restock on the Concords

Last edited:
I got another look over the 36 pairs I saw last Tuesday. They've gotten worse over the last week. I'd say there were only about 2 bad looking pairs straight from the factory AT THAT TIME. I don't mean just ashy by that. I mean like where you see ashiness it looks like they were just scraped against the white sidewalk. Now, after employees handling MAYBE 3 or 4 total pairs, and just the boxes getting moved further to the back to make room for low top XI boxes in the front zone (so a little shuffling around), half of these have such odd looking ashiness that the shoes look worn now. Like on the ankle bump areas or anywhere that sticks out off of the flat areas of the shoe, where the shoe actually rests on the paper/box. We used the suede brush on a few and for the most part they blackened back up, but there really were spots that look scratched and chalky just from the friction of rubbing the paper while being moved around that didn't clean up. Maybe storing these outside of the box and standing up will be best when we all get our pairs. I still think this colorway is just the ****, and I personally will overlook any ashiness. The manager is no longer leaving his name in the raffle for a pair, said he "just doesn't want to deal with the constant work it would take to make these not like like you just mixed concrete in them." :lol:

They keep doing that with the kids sizes. I want to know the reason Nike does that.

Do they get in front of some segment group and they report back that they like ashy kicks?

maybe a pretty dumb question, but how's the release going to begin? I mean..wait until midnight and get them online, or is it individual with each shop starting selling at its own time?

maybe a pretty dumb question, but how's the release going to begin? I mean..wait until midnight and get them online, or is it individual with each shop starting selling at its own time?
You must be new to things.....

but sneakerape has to be legit.  after all, it is one the site sponsors ...just like InStyleShoes (whose alternative name is still censored).  *************. 
eyes.gif

Last edited:
They keep doing that with the kids sizes. I want to know the reason Nike does that.

Do they get in front of some segment group and they report back that they like ashy kicks?
They are taking advantage of the fact that ppl are going to buy men sizes regardless of material, smart move nike smart move, I wonder if that's saving them money or not.

Is it me or does every release bring out more noobs. No offense shtlens.

^^^Nike doesn't do midnight releases anymore. Your only options are to wait until Nike tweets the product link at 8 am, or wait at a store until they open in the morning.

Last edited:
Is it me or does every release bring out more noobs. No offense shtlens.
I'm just asking if there is any known time for release, because I really want these and never had any experience with ordering qs jordans..

With my previous pairs, I just ordered 1-2 days after release and it was no problem, but now I suppose it's going to be sold in minutes, so thats why I am asking

//nevermind, found answers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom