Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

The snkrs charge has been pending since saturday release date....got shipping notification last night...got the “sorry delayed” email this am...ups says schedule for delivery tomorrow.....now no pending charge and money was returned and no sign of a nike purchase anywhere on bank history...i may have a free pair

The snkrs charge has been pending since saturday release date....got shipping notification last night...got the “sorry delayed” email this am...ups says schedule for delivery tomorrow.....now no pending charge and money was returned and no sign of a nike purchase anywhere on bank history...i may have a free pair
That charge is coming...believe that lol

Nice collection. The OG laney is a pair I don’t have but want in the collection and I love those cements. The uppers on mine are really nice. I remember being surprised because the cements sat at my local Finishline and when I got mine I was happy with the materials. I was shocked they sat as long as they did to be honest. Colorway is pretty sweet.
Thanks man, I do like Vs! I want about 3 more pairs (Black Metallic, Grape, and OW) and I’m set.
The cements and the fire red leather is extremely similar IMO.

Pair came in.

These look a lot better in pics and the white leather hides a lot of inconsistencies and imperfections. I know this varies with pair to pair but I have an annoying part of my shoe where the leather is different than the rest of the shoe. I'm sure i'll get over this once I beat these up. Overall, it's a solid shoe. One thing I wish they did was thin out the ankle padding like they did the blk cement 4s.

That’s the normal chain of events. Literally happens to everyone. The charge will come back.

20200507_120214.jpg
20200507_120324.jpg

Same thing happened to me except my charge is still pending. Mines not suppose to arrive until the 20th though smh

got my only one pair from hibbetts today... feels good to not pay retail for once got them for 170 with the rewards...got the matching bulls fitted ill be wearing with these

the first picture is the new pair and the rest is comparison to the 2013.... the new pair is superior to the 2013... it has better leather, Nike air on the back and on the lacelocks, toe looks nicer and it has the neoprene material on the bottom and top of the tongue that resembles the OG...the red is also slightly brighter on the new pair which is nicer...the only thing I like better on the 2013 pair is the tongue material... it just sucks it lacks 3m but it is slighly shorter and looks better overall... also I don't like how narrow the new pair is compared to the 2013... I prefer the wider look around where the laces lay....also the side pods are fatter on the 2013... it looks closer to the OG... other than that I still prefer the new pair and will be selling my 2013 for cheap be on the lookout in the buy and sell forum lol...
20200507_132000.jpg

20200507_132052.jpg

20200507_132130.jpg

20200507_132153.jpg

20200507_213017.jpg

Last edited:
got my only one pair from hibbetts today... feels good to not pay retail for once got them for 170 with the rewards...got the matching bulls fitted ill be wearing with these

the first picture is the new pair and the rest is comparison to the 2013.... the new pair is superior to the 2013... it has better leather, Nike air on the back and on the lacelocks, toe looks nicer and it has the neoprene material on the bottom and top of the tongue that resembles the OG...the red is also slightly brighter on the new pair which is nicer...the only thing I like better on the 2013 pair is the tongue material... it just sucks it lacks 3m but it is slighly shorter and looks better overall... also I don't like how narrow the new pair is compared to the 2013... I prefer the wider look around where the laces lay....also the side pods are fatter on the 2013... it looks closer to the OG... other than that I still prefer the new pair and will be selling my 2013 for cheap be on the lookout in the buy and sell forum lol...
20200507_132000.jpg

20200507_132052.jpg

20200507_132130.jpg

20200507_132153.jpg
Damn the cut on one your toes is super high.

Fellas, next time add YCMC to your list. I've ordered a few pairs and they ship fast. No tax for me in CA too. They are based in MD, and have retail stores. On Sat, checkout was as easy as hibbetts. Matter of fact, here are all my orders Saturday and their delivery dates. YCMC is currently in the lead.

DSG 5/11 Monday FedEX
Hibbitts 5/9 Saturday UPS
Ycmc 5/8 Friday USPS
Foot Locker 5/12 Tuesday UPS

This is easily the best picture of these I’ve seen. Be it a filter or just a chance of the lighting, it makes the tongue look correct. Damn, why couldn’t they actually look like this? Regardless, sick.
It was definitely the current lighting in my house, no filter! And I’m with you on how the tongue should look, that was my biggest gripe with the 2016 metallic silvers hence why I sold those.

Got my half size down (10.5) and now I think it might be a better fit so I need another pair.. now I have to look out for another restock.. this release has been sooo janky
:lol: |l

It was definitely the current lighting in my house, no filter! And I’m with you on how the tongue should look, that was my biggest gripe with the 2016 metallic silvers hence why I sold those.
My BSTN pair landed a bit ago. Solid pair in terms of QC, very happy with it.
150A73BC-03AC-493C-8D61-80AB8BBC8701.jpeg

I’m WFH as usual so will really check them out later, but off the jump I’m not even complaining much. Yeah, the tongue is a bummer but it’s not as bad in person as I feared when seeing a lot of pics. Seeing it now, I suspect what they’ve done is try to give it more of the Scotchlite “glow” appearance in far more conditions than the matte-finish version provides. I don’t know who the hell was asking for that, but I’d bet that’s what drove that move.

Back
Top Bottom