Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

UNC3s > FR5s fosho

20200514_105850.jpg
I have the UNC 3 and even though there is more hype around that shoe and leather is dope, the Fire Red 5 just hits different and would go better with most outfits. Being an OG colorway with N/A I think its just a better overall shoe.

Same but Eastbay on May 4. Really unacceptable.

PU coated thin "leather".

The toebox on these is ridiculous thin. Idk why no one else is complaining about that.
I’ve been complaining about it. If they’re gonna use cheap thin material they should at least go all the way og and give us the durabuck. I get the sense that most people would complain if they did that though.

yes everyone's foot is different but they fit like most every other jordan. i have a very normal/slim foot so it is always about length not width for me. with that being said if you bought the black metallic 5's in a sz10 i do not see how you could fit a 9.5. all of 50-60 jordan brand shoes i own are the same sz10.

overall just glad i listened to stan23 stan23 /a few others and went with my normal JB size.

anybody ever order from footsite and never receive a order confirmation?

I have a pending charge that I never received order confirmation for. and it's been a few days now..

Don’t be that guy.

Just be happy they gave us pretty good stuff for once.
Nah man, it's not even like that. I've played in every Jordan model I've owned over the years. I just want them to last. The Air Zoom Kobe 1 is a good example of one time on the court and it creased to almost unrecognizable. I still wear my Kobe Laser 2k4 which are older and they look pretty tight other than some rellowing. Played hours in them also.

Second pair arrived from Ebay. Photos don't do the toebox justice as the toebox is pretty slim on both shoes from my Ebay pair, and there are no MAJOR blemishes anywhere. Quality check is definitely across the board with these as the Nike Air is low and off centered on my second pair, even more so than my first pair with the tiny leather tear, and they have a little extra glue where the midsole meets the toe rand but I can get it off. If I don't see anything from SNKRS soon I'll just hold onto them and wear them. If the SNKRS pair actually shows up and looks good, I'll sell the pair with the small tear. Overall though, I'm still satisfied with these. Can't go wrong with OG Fire Reds.
20200515_112248.jpg
20200515_112511.jpg
20200515_112531.jpg

20200515_111829.jpg

There’s definitely a lot to look out for. The off center NA is the first thing I look for and imo completely unacceptable. It’s annoyingly common. The qc on these is pretty bad overall but if you can find a good pair it’s worth it. Already wore my pair a couple times. So far so good.
1F6384FA-8D1D-45D1-9A78-7EE3453C9E5C.jpeg

ordered a size 9.5 from eastbay on wednesday - just got shipping confirmation/details this morning and should arrive next wednesday!
Awesome as these are still pretty much sitting on Eastbay right now.....Love It...

Hope you get a decent pair. My pair came in flawless from Eastbay. I never been the one to buy multiple pairs and eye them down to get a perfect pair. I guess I've been blessed to get decent quality Jay's thru the years....lol

BTW...Like your screen name...

I hear you. It’s impossible to cop from online retailers. Now with eBay charging tax and also the exchange rate being absolutely brutal, a pair of Js can cost you 400 cdn trying to go that route. It’s frustrating.

They're on Footlocker Canada right now, go!

Got lucky with a good pair from FNL. Pretty happy with this one. I like the soft upper material and I like that the tongue is thin. I originally copped just to check them out but these are gonna be keepers. My cousin and I who were probably 11 or 12 when these first came out both finally got these and laughed that it took us 30 years to finally get a pair.

Finally got these in the mail. Had to size down since mine sold out but they fit perfect and quality is much better than pics suggested. Can wait to rock these!

Decided to relace my good pair and instead of leaving them unlaced I decided to bar lace em as a throwback to the Nike Footwear Catalog from Fall 1990. Would've positioned em like the catalog but had too much stuff out to do so. Will likely leave em laced like this until I decide otherwise.
20200515_143429.jpg
picture-32.png

The tongue on the OG's is insanely tall though. :wow: Tried to pull mine up a bit but didn't want to pull too hard.

I was able to hit on 3 pairs and received all 3. However, I did order a pair of a Footaction restock for my best friend. I got shipping confirmation email the next day. It's almost been a week and it still says ready to go. Very strange.

Same but Eastbay on May 4. Really unacceptable.

PU coated thin "leather".

The toebox on these is ridiculous thin. Idk why no one else is complaining about that.
I personally haven't complained because I remember how stiff the last retro was and I like these much better

Back
Top Bottom