Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

wonder how phylon midsoles would change the look? Probably wouldn’t be able to be used as performance with phylon with visible air, but comfort would be great, and they’d last.
Just give us phylon or give us a react midsole. Nike gonna Nike though. Puttin air units that don’t work cuz the pu midsole so hard. Where’s the sense in that?

Just give us phylon or give us a react midsole. Nike gonna Nike though. Puttin air units that don’t work cuz the pu midsole so hard. Where’s the sense in that?
As long as the look of the midsole doesn’t change, I’m all for it.

Phylon would develop creases though. I hate that, especially on 14s. Ogs creased as soon as you took a step but they were comfy af. Would look horrible on a 4 or 5.

Personally I’d be happy if they just went back to the soft open cell PU and stop playing games and just release the shoes every 5-7 years so we could just wear them. Who cares if they crumble after 15 years if we can get new pairs every 7 years?

Phylon would develop creases though. I hate that, especially on 14s. Ogs creased as soon as you took a step but they were comfy af. Would look horrible on a 4 or 5.

Personally I’d be happy if they just went back to the soft open cell PU and stop playing games and just release the shoes every 5-7 years so we could just wear them. Who cares if they crumble after 15 years if we can get new pairs every 7 years?
Not too mad at that either… but keep the classics…. Classic. No gimmicks.

Man that’s what I’m sayin’. We all buy them again anyway so I’m not worrying about crumbling. Give me some actually comfortable midsoles.

I’m looking forward to they we start getting “Protro” style retros with upgraded comfort.. We’ve really only seen that on zoom air ones and the “Banned” black/red Airships with the react..

I’m looking forward to they we start getting “Protro” style retros with upgraded comfort.. We’ve really only seen that on zoom air ones and the “Banned” black/red Airships with the react..
Always wondered why they didn’t throw a zoom bag in place of visible air to improve comfort/functionality on some retros.

Gonna beat these down 1st
2B0997C9-38BA-4786-9462-0B1689F236A3.jpeg
322850AA-16B1-449E-914A-222E33082DD6.jpeg
D5A28B63-B0BD-44B5-90B0-E4FF2F94689C.jpeg

It’s insane how these don’t get the love they deserve :smh:
They do, just not from the loser hypebeasts and resellers. These are the best iteration of the Fire Red 5s since the '99 release. Anyone that didn't get these because they aren't limited or whatever is a fool but I'm not complaining. Made it easier for those that actually want these to get them.

Carmines are by far the worst OG colorway from Jordans 1-13.

Terrible colorblocking.

I totally agreed with this sentiment for decades. I remember when the Carmines dropped originally in '91--I thought they were disgusting. But then at some point during the past few years, I did a complete 180 on them. I can't explain why they look cool to me now, but they do. The only reason I didn't get a pair is the whole pink midsole thing.

I totally agreed with this sentiment for decades. I remember when the Carmines dropped originally in '91--I thought they were disgusting. But then at some point during the past few years, I did a complete 180 on them. I can't explain why they look cool to me now, but they do. The only reason I didn't get a pair is the whole pink midsole thing.
I think the pink midsole issue was a tad overblown imo. I went thru ebay and found a listing last year I think with really good photos and with them I was able to ascertain that the midsole was fine. No pink hue. I used to be a Carmine naysayer too but eventually began to appreciate them way more. They're so nice in hand.
20211221_145920.jpg

I think the pink midsole issue was a tad overblown imo. I went thru ebay and found a listing last year I think with really good photos and with them I was able to ascertain that the midsole was fine. No pink hue. I used to be a Carmine naysayer too but eventually began to appreciate them way more. They're so nice in hand.
20211221_145920.jpg

Yeah, if I would have ever run across pairs in person in a store or outlet, I'm sure I would've bought. I just decided to not go the eBay or SX etc route because I knew if I got a pair and it turned out to be pink enough to bug me, then I'd have to go through a whole hassle of trying to resell them myself etc. So I said, oh well, I already have more than enough shoes than to bother with this mess LOL

I never liked carmines but never thought hard enough about it to decide if they’re the worst OG colorway…. I’m sure there’s worse lol. I don’t like them but theyre not terrible or anything.
yea I feel like that varsity red bulls colorway shudve been an og. I aint mad at carmines though the but they a bit loud

Back
Top Bottom