Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

In and I’m not even a huge fan of the 5s.
They were a nice shoe but I’m a nostalgia guy. I love the classic colorways and when they have the original branding, but they weren’t like the 1,3,4, and 6s. I mean he did get his career high in them, but the 1 were the first shoe,legendary rookie year, 63 point playoff game against Boston (Although weren’t those kind of a hybrid of the 1 and the 2?) the 3 Are my favorite shoe ever (with the Adidas Superstar coming in 2nd) and they kind of IMO changed the way basketball shoes looked and kept Mike at Nike. Let’s not forget the dunk contest. The 4s were hitting the shot over Ehlo and sending my Cavs home and me crying in the living room like the wimpy kid I was at 7 years old (even though I was a Jordan fan too at the time). And the 6 are what he wore when he finally got through the Pistons and broke through and won that first championship. The 5s are...Almost beating the Pistons? Other than 69 in a game, it doesn’t seem like it has as sexy a story as the aforementioned models. But it’s still a great shoe. And for some reason I’m breaking my black and red or black OG only rule for this one.

They were a nice shoe but I’m a nostalgia guy. I love the classic colorways and when they have the original branding, but they weren’t like the 1,3,4, and 6s. I mean he did get his career high in them, but the 1 were the first shoe,legendary rookie year, 63 point playoff game against Boston (Although weren’t those kind of a hybrid of the 1 and the 2?) the 3 Are my favorite shoe ever (with the Adidas Superstar coming in 2nd) and they kind of IMO changed the way basketball shoes looked and kept Mike at Nike. Let’s not forget the dunk contest. The 4s were hitting the shot over Ehlo and sending my Cavs home and me crying in the living room like the wimpy kid I was at 7 years old (even though I was a Jordan fan too at the time). And the 6 are what he wore when he finally got through the Pistons and broke through and won that first championship. The 5s are...Almost beating the Pistons? Other than 69 in a game, it doesn’t seem like it has as sexy a story as the aforementioned models. But it’s still a great shoe. And for some reason I’m breaking my black and red or black OG only rule for this one.

Uhhh, the Vs are what John Connor saved the world with....

Uhhh, the Vs are what John Connor saved the world with....
Eh, some like their pop culture, I like the on the court importance. And as I said. They’re a great shoe or I wouldn’t own 2 pair of the last black Metallic from 2016 or every pair of the initial retro. And in for the very odd pair (much less 2) of a white based colorway. Just not on the level of the 1,3,4, or 6 to me.

Last edited:
Eh, some like their pop culture, I like the on the court importance. And as I said. They’re a great shoe or I wouldn’t own 2 pair of the last black Metallic from 2016 or every pair of the initial retro. And in for the very odd pair (much less 2) of a white based colorway. Just not on the level of the 1,3,4, or 6 to me.
I find it odd you don’t find his career high in them more significant.
Additionally: first shoe with clear sole, molded collar, the 3M tongue ... and he delivered Billy and his friends that Coke Classic in them.

I kept figuring these fire reds had to eventually come out soon ... thats whats sup...maybe grapes drop next yr too (despite recent will smith joints that dropped)

I saw this coming when Gentry was coming back, JB has no creative ideas left but to re retro stuff and release PEs and samples from 15 years ago at this point. I sold my 2013 pair a few months back and with all that being said I’m in as long as there is no 23 on the side and the materials are better than cdp and 2013

I saw this coming when Gentry was coming back, JB has no creative ideas left but to re retro stuff and release PEs and samples from 15 years ago at this point. I sold my 2013 pair a few months back and with all that being said I’m in as long as there is no 23 on the side and the materials are better than cdp and 2013
If that’s the “worst” of any Gentry ideas/influence this time around, then we’ll be extremely lucky.

My 2000 pair. So ready for a fresh pair.
20190607_174858.jpg
20190607_174917.jpg

This made thread made go way back and look at some old pictures. To funny. Back when I used to swap laces alot.
20190607_175842.jpg
20190607_180018.jpg

This is my favorite colorway of the v’s. Can’t wear my ‘00 pair due to cracking of the midsoles last time I wore them. The last 2 retro’s of this colorway were terrible. Soft leather/pleather, Nike air, and proper shape and I’m a happy camper. Finally something to look forward to beside black/red xi’s.

Back
Top Bottom