Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

BIL-MJ-60.jpg

Nice.

Not my pics. Some rare early digital pics of the 2000 retro. Fresh out the box.
4665737157_005d2cd44a_o.jpg

4665736121_07a64f4591_o.jpg

4665736823_07e816a29f_o.jpg

These are truly some beauty shots :pimp: and to capture the 2000 versions at such a fresh and early time with such clarity...beautiful!!

I’ll always be so biased but the 99-00 fire red and metallic retros will always be held to a higher standard than any other retro ever.

So my guess is that all of these sneaker releases were pushed back because of the foot locker stores being closed now. They had to have known before, right?

I forgot to return $60 worth of shirts that I bought for all-star weekend points. Expires the 25th. They better honor my return when they open back up.

I’m afraid these will get pushed back further. Should I pickup a pair today for $260 or wait and pay retail?
I'd wait. Only cause I know I prolly wouldn't have a real chance or reason to rock em till next month anyways since everyone's trying to stay in doors. But it's your money and your world. Live it how you like.

real attempts were made to address the issues of the 3 (shape, tongue, toebox). no such attempts made here, these are the same old boot cut/shape.

Aside from the shiny leather and bad 3M this is the best version of these since the 1990. I had the 2000 pair and yes the 3M was superior but that’s it. The leather on the 2000 was trash as well just didn’t have this gloss.

This is pretty false. I’m not sure what your eyes are seeing but clearly they fixed the shape and toebox to look like the OG. Come again sir.

its not false

the 2020 quite clearly has the bulkiest toebox/rand, the harshest curved heel, and the shape along the top of the collar is just.. not even close. it also retains the super defined "bubbles" at the top of the collar that the 2000 introduced, instead of the more subtle ones on the OG. add in the shiny textured tongue, and there were zero attempts to improve anything in the 4 years since the black metallics. these are the same bulky moon boots. thats what my eyes see, what do yours see?

its not false

the 2020 quite clearly has the bulkiest toebox/rand, the harshest curved heel, and the shape along the top of the collar is just.. not even close. it also retains the super defined "bubbles" at the top of the collar that the 2000 introduced, instead of the more subtle ones on the OG. add in the shiny textured tongue, and there were zero attempts to improve anything in the 4 years since the black metallics. these are the same bulky moon boots. thats what my eyes see, what do yours see?

5s have always been chunky. That's part of their appeal. Chunky and comfortable

its not false

I see everything you see, and it's really a shame. I'm still grabbing a pair, because I'll probably be 55 by the next time these retro. I haven't had a pair of fire red Vs since my OGs in 1990, so my enjoyment of this retro will be almost completely down to general nostalgia rather than looking at them in my hands and just being like, WHOA, what a great job, Nike/JB. It's not like the worst they've ever done, not even close, but it certainly looks like no one over there really gave a **** about doing these right. Ah well, it'll still be fun.

Back
Top Bottom