Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

Although I regret selling my pair and have been on the hunt for a DS pair ever since,

I honestly think these shouldnt release, not just yet..

im sure the thirst exists somewhere and if JB goes along with their recent tradition of droppin all OG colorways on their 23rd anniv then we should expect to see these in 2016 (which sounds like ages from now) but is only 3 years later from 2013. I know JB has done this before, I also know they know what theyre doing.. but this release just doesnt seem or feel right for 2013, and although I love the aquas, I dont think that release feels right either...

To see ALL OG colorways release this year when im sure theyre all going to release in 2016..

im not complaining but has anyone else out there givin this any thought?

im thinking theyre gonna take the carpet from the tounge, replace it with flat stitching, no pebbled toe, change the side pattern to the regular 8 pattern instead of the special playoff pattern.. the change from suede to nubuck (or durabuck whatever), and keep the pull tab black.. saving room for a complete OG release in 2016 (carpet tounge, og suede, pebbled toe, og pattern, og box, red tab included)

What's the official RD on these? Hope the color blocking is true to og.

I think I saw June, but I could be wrong. One of the few retros they don't screw up. Not copping tho. Still have a DS pair from the last time around.

My pair from the last time is good enough. My aquas are beat tho so im hoping for those. I can't even picture these in nubuck tho :x

Why can't they just give us durabuck?

My pair from the last time is good enough. My aquas are beat tho so im hoping for those. I can't even picture these in nubuck tho :x

Why can't they just give us durabuck?

No one said it wasn't going to be in durabuck. Just be patient.

^ Cool. That was just me assuming/hoping for durabuck lol.

Lol. Likely it will be. Just don't want people to speculate and go crazy, you know how this board gets sometimes. Actually, I don't think they'll screw these up. Before my OG disintegrated, I compared the OGs to the 07 retros and they were pretty much the same except for the newer glue and the pull tab (OG had red, retro black). I even noticed after you wear them, the durabuck even gives and the outsole ages exactly the same. I don't think they would mess with this shoe.

Yeah for sure, I know how people like to get nuts without some concrete info. Just gotta hope for the best.

the term "one to rock, one to stock" is now dead...

buy one to rock, and then 4 years later when they re-release, buy it again... to rock

buy one to rock, and then 4 years later when they re-release, buy it again... to rock

But what if you're smart enough to realize that shoe would be THAT much tougher to obtain in the future? I guessed right on a few and took precautionary measures by buying two or just not completely dogging out the one pair I had. I have no problem with this philosophy if you want the shoe to wear for 10-15 years because you like it so much. I hate that term though, to me, the "stock" always implied that if the right price came along, that person would sell it. Nah b, my doubles go nowhere :lol:.

Last edited:
Can't wait for these to release. Are the aquas and chromes really releasing this year? or is it just a rumor?

But what if you're smart enough to realize that shoe would be THAT much tougher to obtain in the future? I guessed right on a few and took precautionary measures by buying two or just not completely dogging out the one pair I had. I have no problem with this philosophy if you want the shoe to wear for 10-15 years because you like it so much. I hate that term though, to me, the "stock" always implied that if the right price came along, that person would sell it. Nah b, my doubles go nowhere :lol:.

respectfully disagree... a lot of the recent releases that are coming out again, were first executed with TERRIBLE quality (aquas, mars iv, fire red 3) and the paint chipped off like crazy. JB then re-releases them with better paint to solve the painting issue. another example is the white/cement 3, came out a couple years back, then re-released with a 'nike air' on the back... my days of doubling up, even on my most favorite shoes ever, are coming to an end

respectfully disagree... a lot of the recent releases that are coming out again, were first executed with TERRIBLE quality (aquas, mars iv, fire red 3) and the paint chipped off like crazy. JB then re-releases them with better paint to solve the painting issue. another example is the white/cement 3, came out a couple years back, then re-released with a 'nike air' on the back... my days of doubling up, even on my most favorite shoes ever, are coming to an end

I feel you on that. BUT, I only do it for shoes I REALLY fiend for, and even at that, if I look at the shoe and I don't feel the quality is on point, I'm not going to double up. That's just a waste of money. The shoes you mentioned were of terrible quality no doubt (aside from the fact I personally do not like those cw save for the aquas). The 07 playoff VIII's were on point bar none. They def jerked people on the aquas tho. I haven't worn mine 15 times since I bought them and it's chipping but that issue isn't that pic a deal to ME for that shoe. But for the price I paid for them, I can live with that. The decision for me is still conditional, my love of the shoe plus the quality. That determines my decision. Now multiples might be iffy, but I was doing this before their quality got out of hand.

Hope they can give the same durabuck treatment like they did on the Charcoal 7s.

Plus even though it's minimal, they should give the red pull tab like the OGs.

Last edited:
red pull tab would make me wanna cop. it will be a rd decision since i have the previous release already

Back
Top Bottom