Air jordan VIII Playoffs -Sep 30th - Updated:First official look!!

What are the 2019 Infareds made of? Whatever that is comes VERY close to original durabuck as far as I can tell.
It's a faux Durabuck that Nike either created or has had supplied to them in place of the Durabuck™ that was used on Jordan's from '89-'98 before the United States Shoe Corporation stopped making and supplying it. I remember in the '15 Aqua 8 thread some people were calling the new material "Nikebuck" though the term never stuck lol.

This is kinda wild, because back in the day once your black shoes got past a certain point of wear, we were definitely taking a sharpie to those edges to make them look "newer." :lol:

Yea don’t get why people complaining about that when it will happen naturally if you just wear them.

If they had dropped as “Reimagined” 8’s with the grey edges people would have complained lol

Last edited:
6pac 6pac honestly that’s where I always thought that outline came from, wearing em lol

Edit- Except on Black/Red XIs

Last edited:
Yea don’t get why people complaining about that when it will happen naturally if you just wear them.

If they had dropped as “Reimagined” 8’s with the grey edges people would have complained lol

Correct!

GroundedDopeyAlpinegoat-small.gif

It's because they are supposed to come like that from jump, not after I beat them. I want my pair fresh with the outlines.

blk-red2.jpg

blk-red3.jpg

blk-red4.jpg

blk-red5.jpg

I wasn’t around when these originally came out in ‘92/93 so forgive me if this a dumb question….but are these not pics that would have been taken years after they originally dropped? Meaning it takes some years for the white lines to show up due to storage/wear/etc or did they have the white lines in store on release date in the 90’s?

I wasn’t around when these originally came out in ‘92/93 so forgive me if this a dumb question….but are these not pics that would have been taken years after they originally dropped? Meaning it takes some years for the white lines to show up due to storage/wear/etc or did they have the lines in store on release date in the 90’s?
I’ve wondered this as well.

I wasn’t around when these originally came out in ‘92/93 so forgive me if this a dumb question….but are these not pics that would have been taken years after they originally dropped? Meaning it takes some years for the white lines to show up due to storage/wear/etc or did they have the white lines in store on release date in the 90’s?
White lines in store day of, just like your 2019 Black/Red AJXIs :wink:

It's how basically all black durabuck shoes were back then, even the black/grey Flight Huarache retro from 2003 came with it. I hooped in my '07 black/red 8s that didn't come with it, and til this day they don't look like my '03 blk/chrome 8s that did.

From the perspective of an 8 year old kid when these came out, I can probably speak with 99% certainty that nobody cared about no white lines lol
8ABE58D5-57CD-45FD-BA33-D824A38DFB7A.jpeg

It was there, but it was more a "flaw" of production than anything. It was just the raw underside of the material showing because they didn't roll it or anything, and the material wasn't dyed all the way through. It still comes out with wear on the new ones, they're just dyed better now.

^ that seems like a pretty big detail to get off tbh.

Any chance we’re seeing fakes floating in these pics?

It’s way early so fakes are for sure a possibility…But are the fake factories actually working on 8’s is the question…Don’t think it’s a model they’d waste their time on 🤷‍♂️

As for the placement of the plastic side piece…It’s how they’ve been doing the 8’s for a long time now…Hit or miss on if the pair you get will have it most of the time…I’ve had pairs that look like that as well as pairs that are closer to OG…Just depends on how the plastic piece is attached when they’re being put together…

2015 Aqua’s for example…
IMG_2470.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom