Air jordan VIII Playoffs -Sep 30th - Updated:First official look!!

I’m wondering if there’s a way to apply some mink oil or something to the portions that seem lighter

Throw some baby powder on these joints and clap em out!

the-queens-gambit-tv-show-isla-johnston.gif

These going on discount would be dope, but I don’t that happening. OG colorway, and probably the second most popular colorway of the 8s…some retro+ joints with less appeal have sold out lately.

I wouldn’t say we were complaining about the gold lace tips missing, just noting that it was a nice touch on the first retro and we wouldn’t have mind if they kept that. The OGs didn’t have the tips so I’m good either way. Why they didn’t sellout I don’t know, just not a lot of love for 7s these days. But they are a really good retro. Still waiting for that under $150 price tag lol.

I doubt these 8s will go that same route. They’ll probably move like Playoff 13s, or maybe the Black Fint 13. More than a few restocks will probably happen, Nike’s current scheme, but for the most part will be sold out.

Cardinal 7s were/are a good retro. I think the toes are puffy but many would argue that it’s the best cardinal retro to date.

Just not one of the popular 7 colorways so many people slept.

These are a bit different.

We haven’t gotten a true retro since the OG.

Plus these are the joints Mike wore winning the chip and hold a little more weight, so I definitely expect them to “sell out”, whatever that means in 2023.

Yeah, they definitely should get Charcoal 7s right with how they did these lol

Also, looking at the 93 and 2023 comparison pic, the white part running over the midsole does make a difference. Definitely prefer the way it was done on the OGs.

In the vid just posted, he questioned the use of purple(blue) and yellow on these. Ion know myself, but it went with the time. It made the shoe pop a bit more. It’s also a nice follow up to the Charcoal 7s, which also used the same colors, though purple instead of blue.

Last edited:
To many the contrast look is def a fail. I get why. But the reason it looks that way is because of their attempt to match the "cracked" look they had originally. The 2007 got it right. The 2013 didnt have the feature at all. The cracking gives the contrast look. I personally would prefer the feature they gave us, rather than the all black same material upper they did on the 2013. They tried to show the difference in the two materials used, it just turned into a contrast look in the finished product.

The contrast is weird. It’s only in certain lighting that it looks that way. In others, as shown in the recent video and the others posted, it looks fully black. It doesn’t look like there’s any contrast. I’m expecting it to either look different in hand or over time. Regardless of the outcome, I like these more than the previous retros of the Playoff 8.

Back
Top Bottom