Air Jordan XIII - Flint colorway to drop November 2010 (via Kicksonfire.com)

Ordered through wellgosh on the 22nd, got confirmation 26th, got the shoes today. I'll do a small overview to cover some of the questions people might have.
There is 3M on these, although it's weak. It gives off a sort of metallic sheen in dim light as opposed to the glow we're used to. Overall, the mesh looks much, much cleaner in person than I first expected - not at all  kitsch or celluloid-like as the pictures suggest. The toebox feels stiff as hell - which is why the shoe is so resilient to creasing. I initially thought they'd put a soft, high-quality leather of the kind they used on the MS VIs, but it's really just the same old pleather we've been getting, except smoothed out a bit. The stuff used on the tongue feels just like plastic, and the inside liner is pretty tacky too, but I can live with that.  The upper on the heel of the shoe will crease pretty easily, as opposed to the toebox, so don't force your foot in these.

Despite the materials used, the execution came out pretty clean. If you can bear not having these glow in the dark like a road sign, I'm sure you won't regret copping. Worth retail price, but definitely no more than that. I doubt these will stick around on shelves for too long, seeing as they look surprisingly good in person, so don't expect massive discounts across your town.

After the latest pics I'm definitely copping, those look great
pimp.gif

I know ya'll bash the new quality, but I really appreciate the fact that these newer retros don't crease easily.

Personally, I'd rather have uncreased and clean looking flints with a little bit of 3m rather than doodoo crease 05's with a lot of 3m.

damn i placed my wellgosh order last wednesday night, got the confirmation the next morning but still haven't got my shoes yet, i live in cali but i've seen people order there's later and get there's already.

damn damn damn

Originally Posted by LUMINESCENT

Ordered through wellgosh on the 22nd, got confirmation 26th, got the shoes today. I'll do a small overview to cover some of the questions people might have.
There is 3M on these, although it's weak. It gives off a sort of metallic sheen in dim light as opposed to the glow we're used to. Overall, the mesh looks much, much cleaner in person than I first expected - not at all  kitsch or celluloid-like as the pictures suggest. The toebox feels stiff as hell - which is why the shoe is so resilient to creasing. I initially thought they'd put a soft, high-quality leather of the kind they used on the MS VIs, but it's really just the same old pleather we've been getting, except smoothed out a bit. The stuff used on the tongue feels just like plastic, and the inside liner is pretty tacky too, but I can live with that.  The upper on the heel of the shoe will crease pretty easily, as opposed to the toebox, so don't force your foot in these.

Despite the materials used, the execution came out pretty clean. If you can bear not having these glow in the dark like a road sign, I'm sure you won't regret copping. Worth retail price, but definitely no more than that. I doubt these will stick around on shelves for too long, seeing as they look surprisingly good in person, so don't expect massive discounts across your town.
wow 6 days? thats super qwik!! where are u located

Originally Posted by thebeast23

NYC - which sort of explains it.
I guess it's a pretty quick plane ride from Leicester to here, and there's no further shipping complications required since UPS delivers it straight to me.

Also, for the dude that asked whether he should order a sz. 9, these fit pretty much true to size. Personally I wouldn't go half a size up since I don't want my foot moving around in these, the shoe being pretty stiff.

Originally Posted by thebeast23

NYC - which sort of explains it.
I guess it's a pretty quick plane ride from Leicester to here, and there's no further shipping complications required since UPS delivers it straight to me.

Also, for the dude that asked whether he should order a sz. 9, these fit pretty much true to size. Personally I wouldn't go half a size up since I don't want my foot moving around in these, the shoe being pretty stiff.

leicester UK isnt rteally a "short" plane ride to NY lol

There's a major airport near both locations, so there weren't many intermediaries in between.
It would have taken at least a day longer to ship out to some small town a decent distance from NYC, even though the difference in miles isn't that much greater.

I'm no expert on UPS' shipping methods, but that's the only reasonable explanation I can come up with.

yea i figure people in nyc would get em before i get em but with no tracking number and them not answering my email i sent them 2 days ago im a tad bit frustrated. if i don't get my shoes or a response with tracking from them tomorrow im gonna be mad. im not in a rush but ups with someone having to sign means i need to wait around at home for the shoes and if im going to do that i'd at least like to know what day to do so.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

yea i figure people in nyc would get em before i get em but with no tracking number and them not answering my email i sent them 2 days ago im a tad bit frustrated. if i don't get my shoes or a response with tracking from them tomorrow im gonna be mad. im not in a rush but ups with someone having to sign means i need to wait around at home for the shoes and if im going to do that i'd at least like to know what day to do so.
actually mine came today through USPS...no signature required...btw im in texas
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Jaquay

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

actually mine came today through USPS...no signature required...btw im in texas
tongue.gif

damn tomorrow hopefully will be the day then.  i just seen some dude on iss posted he got his via usps as well   so i guess their using both ups and usps.  oh well  hopefully tomorrow is the lucky day for me

Originally Posted by vipersupra

How does your size9 fit my dude? Ima 9 aswell but usually gget 9.5 for lil space jus incase my feet grows in couples years. Lol does it fit exactly like a 9 or it wudnt hurt going to 9.5? Pair looks great

True with a little bit of space. You should be cool with a pair of 9s.

They came!!

(I'm talmbout the shoes... that is. A giggity).

Sans the 3m radiance, it's a lovely shoe. Decided to give them a test drive
in the gym last night and they were awesome (gave TNS to the patrons as
well in the process).

"Hang the sign up on the door... which says - LOOK AT THESE COOL SHOES!!!"

Oohh whooo ohhh...

Originally Posted by Hugo

these will be my next cop. last time i bought some shoes was may.

I ain't talmbout spoiled milk and infants that overstay they're term when i say...

You're overdue.

: P

Originally Posted by enyouartist

Yo, BINYE, what does "TNS"?  The Neck Snaps? lol

Hahaha. Very nice one guys...

*in nikki menage voice*

"CHECK IT OUT! CHECK IT OUT!!!"

"I can't ba-lee-vit!!"

Back
Top Bottom