Air Jordan XIV White/Varsity Red 4/6/19

I've been trying to find photos of a sample (possibly variant) pair of White/Black/Red 14s from 1998. They were primarily white, with the ribbed white leather on the upper and they looked similar to the White/Red retail release. But they had a red outsole and gloss black instead of gloss red around the midsole. Does anyone remember this pair from the dial-up internet days?

They looked something like this, except with a silver, corrugated carbon fiber plate (like the Black Toes) - if I remember right

image1.jpeg

Can’t believe these are dried up. They musta made a ton less than last shots. Oh well.

I've been trying to find photos of a sample (possibly variant) pair of White/Black/Red 14s from 1998. They were primarily white, with the ribbed white leather on the upper and they looked similar to the White/Red retail release. But they had a red outsole and gloss black instead of gloss red around the midsole. Does anyone remember this pair from the dial-up internet days?

Probably saw em’ back in the Nike Park days but can’t help past that

Funny you mention this...I always thought the “factory variant” colors back then had potential and I expect they will be referenced in future editions...check out some of these classics on an old school Geocities domain! ENJOY!
http://www.geocities.ws/Colosseum/Bench/9302/index7.htm

Probably saw em’ back in the Nike Park days but can’t help past that
I was actually able to track down a couple photos (after a few days searching Google ) using the term “factory variant” with “Jordan XIV”. I had to follow an image (that I guessed might probably be related) to an extremely outdated website called “Philip’s Webpage”, which I recall visiting at the time of its relevance in ‘98/‘99. (The webpage is an incredible time capsule, and I would recommend viewing it to anyone wanting to take a trip down memory lane: http://www.geocities.ws/Colosseum/Bench/9302/index7.htm —although I would be careful about clicking the photos to expand their size.) At any rate, after scrolling down the page a ways, I found what I was seeking:
ED65396E-6160-42E9-BE2E-882DF6A9C090.gif
AA7E1D63-48CE-469D-961B-7C146ECF5F58.gif
If anyone knows the story behind this sample/factory variant, I’d really like to hear it. I always found these to be aesthetically superior to the retail White/Red 14s and wished they had released instead, but perhaps they were just fakes all along and never a possibility to begin with.

Too funny! I am with you, that colorway is awesome and somewhere in old pics of mine from my first trip to NYC in 1999 there was a display at NTNY where they were featured. The XIV has so many layers and material changes, the options are endless.

Too funny! I am with you, that colorway is awesome and somewhere in old pics of mine from my first trip to NYC in 1999 there was a display at NTNY where they were featured. The XIV has so many layers and material changes, the options are endless.
Wow. So these were an unreleased sample, not fakes? I’d love to see those photos from NTNY.

I was actually able to track down a couple photos (after a few days searching Google ) using the term “factory variant” with “Jordan XIV”. I had to follow an image (that I guessed might probably be related) to an extremely outdated website called “Philip’s Webpage”, which I recall visiting at the time of its relevance in ‘98/‘99. (The webpage is an incredible time capsule, and I would recommend viewing it to anyone wanting to take a trip down memory lane: http://www.geocities.ws/Colosseum/Bench/9302/index7.htm —although I would be careful about clicking the photos to expand their size.) At any rate, after scrolling down the page a ways, I found what I was seeking:
If anyone knows the story behind this sample/factory variant, I’d really like to hear it. I always found these to be aesthetically superior to the retail White/Red 14s and wished they had released instead, but perhaps they were just fakes all along and never a possibility to begin with.
Those are fresh. But id wish the outsole was black or white. Never seen that cw.

I'd buy this color way.

Still trying to move my 06 pair before I wear these. Hopefully they sell soon..

Man GOAT had these at $210 right now, think i’m gonna have to just bite the bullet before they climb any higher. Can’t believe how few of these are floating around. I slept on the release thinking i’d have no problem grabbing em later.

Can’t believe these are dried up. They musta made a ton less than last shots. Oh well.

Serious regret from myself also. Should have been on these.

Man GOAT had these at $210 right now, think i’m gonna have to just bite the bullet before they climb any higher. Can’t believe how few of these are floating around. I slept on the release thinking i’d have no problem grabbing em later.
These are available on SX and Goat for like only a few bucks more than retail out here in California. I know it comes out to a bit more once you pay for shipping, but it's not like the prices are really out of control. I know people don't like paying more than retail, though, so I get it.

Back
Top Bottom