Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Because they are a shoe, that is meant to be worn in a competitive sports by in most cases non-professional/semi-professional athletes! Good thing is so many people hyped these shoes and the JB/NIKE trolls really thought that they could put out 4 colorways at 250.00 this close together and they would live up to the hype. Now it's almost certain that I can get a pair at outlet prices.

adjusted for inflation, the xx8 is $5 cheaper than the foam one was in 97. were you crying about prices back then?

nike basketball and brand jordan both offer a wide range of high performance athletic equipment of various styles and prices. find the one that best suits your body and wallet.

i've got nothing against those that choose not to buy, but don't understand the criticism of those that do choose to buy.

it's my body. it's my wallet.

adjusted for inflation, the xx8 is $5 cheaper than the foam one was in 97. were you crying about prices back then?

nike basketball and brand jordan both offer a wide range of high performance athletic equipment of various styles and prices. find the one that best suits your body and wallet.

i've got nothing against those that choose not to buy, but don't understand the criticism of those that do choose to buy.

it's my body. it's my wallet.
I don't care what you buy and I haven't criticized anyone's decision to purchase. I just know where this 250.00 priceline is going and people are buying these shoes because they are the new Jordans and they are fresh not because of the technology, that's just what people are saying to justify the 250.00 purchase. And in 1997 I didn't know one person who owned a pair of foams but I knew cats who were pissed because their parents bought them a pair because they were on sale and cheaper than the new air max.

Went to my local HoH this morning to check out the red camos after copping the blue camos on ndc..wasnt impressed. They should have used a solar red under the shroud instead of orange.

So far this is how I rank them..

1. Black camo
2. Black/Electric Green
3. Green camo
4. Blue camo
5. Red camo
6. Yellow camo

Thanks--I'll prob cop these when (if) they drop in price eventually. I'm still balling in AJ 2010's right now--imo the best performing J since the 14's...but then again the AJXX8 might have dethroned them.

I don't care what you buy and I haven't criticized anyone's decision to purchase. I just know where this 250.00 priceline is going and people are buying these shoes because they are the new Jordans and they are fresh not because of the technology, that's just what people are saying to justify the 250.00 purchase. And in 1997 I didn't know one person who owned a pair of foams but I knew cats who were pissed because their parents bought them a pair because they were on sale and cheaper than the new air max.

most people seem to be saying they don't like them. i think those that want to be "fresh" are probably camping out for poor quality imitations of past jordans, not the xx8.

i gladly paid the $180 the day the foamposite one released. yes it was $30 more than the air max uptempos, but the extra $30 were well worth it.

Walked into the HOH here picked my size, paid, and walked out in about 10 minutes.  Easy pic up for me.  However, they didn't release the Blues or Yellows.  They said they were still in transit but should release next week.  Crazy.  

Thanks--I'll prob cop these when (if) they drop in price eventually. I'm still balling in AJ 2010's right now--imo the best performing J since the 14's...but then again the AJXX8 might have dethroned them.

Amen, on two accounts:

1) This price is ridiculous. But I am curious about the performance factor.

2) I can't stress what a performance beast the 2010s are, I'm still ballin' in mine too. Easily the best performance J since the XIV. In the top 5 performance J's IMO.

My HOH didn't get the blue or yellow either. Missed out on NDC and eastbay for my size. The only one I picked up was the red ( least of my favorite) but felt I must get them while they are still available. Luckily I got them because it was the last 9.5.

Amen, on two accounts:

2) I can't stress what a performance beast the 2010s are, I'm still ballin' in mine too. Easily the best performance J since the XIV. In the top 5 performance J's IMO.

Cool to see the 2010 getting some love. I thought it was a great shoe and I went through several pairs that season. That independent toe box was incredible and I wish they would use it on every Jordan from now on. I hate when the Air Jordan introduces a great new feature, but then it's never used ever again. Such a waste. I realize they like to have a new gimmick every year to help build hype, but if these "advances" are so great, why get rid of them so quickly?

This wasn't as easy as I thought, I was lucky to get my sz 11.5, there were too many re-sellers out 
mean.gif
. Other than that the orange is not that bright and blends better in person with the red/black. Overall, a very good colorway. 
nthat.gif

I've always liked how the XX8's are rolled down. I would love to get a pair, but I can't pay $250 for a pair of Jordans!

If they ever hit the outlet with at least 50% off, I will get a pair. I really like the Photo Blues!

Last edited:
I've always liked how the XX8's are rolled down. I would love to get a pair, but I can't pay $250 for a pair of Jordans!

If they ever hit the outlet with at least 50% off, I will get a pair. I really like the Photo Blues!
$250 can be a tough pill to swallow for some kicks.  I got my pair(s) for about $191 before tax.  It came out to about $213 after tax though.  Not bad considered the red/black 13's came to $181 after tax.  

Cool to see the 2010 getting some love. I thought it was a great shoe and I went through several pairs that season. That independent toe box was incredible and I wish they would use it on every Jordan from now on. I hate when the Air Jordan introduces a great new feature, but then it's never used ever again. Such a waste. I realize they like to have a new gimmick every year to help build hype, but if these "advances" are so great, why get rid of them so quickly?
Amen, on two accounts:

I love the 2010s. I just got a pair of charcoals to put on ice until I my "Welcome Holme's" are too worn out to play in. Between the independent toe box, the bottom-loaded, full length zoom (with double-stack in the heel), the achilles padding, asymmetrical collar, and herringbone rubber, these things are ridiculous. I wear them instead of my kobe vi's, which is saying something. The thing is, I got a brand new pair of 2010s for $70 on ebay. I COULD GET FOUR PAIRS OF 2010S FOR THE PRICE OF ONE PAIR OF XX8'S (WITH TAX). That's what's getting me especially right now--no way the xx8's are four times better, but then again they are the "new thing." I dunno, as a long-time AJ wearer (for ball), I just wish the 2010's would get the respect they deserve.

Can anybody tell me what the fit is like on these? I'm usually a 12, but had to go 11.5 on these. Just to give an idea on my foot sizing, I wear an 11.5 in all the 2010-2011 III's and can squeeze into an 11.5 in the newer IV's. Will I be ok with these, or am I effed?

Thanks in advance,
J

And that's a great point @mister saint laurent, about the new technology in J's. They herald it as THE NEW THING, then never use it again. Why don't they use bottom-loaded zoom on any of their models any more either? Or the "carbon comfort plate" in the 18's (however, from experience, that thing sucked. It made your insole slide all over the place). 

Can anybody tell me what the fit is like on these? I'm usually a 12, but had to go 11.5 on these. Just to give an idea on my foot sizing, I wear an 11.5 in all the 2010-2011 III's and can squeeze into an 11.5 in the newer IV's. Will I be ok with these, or am I effed?

Thanks in advance,
J

You're totally fine. I tried them on and I went down a half size. They felt perfect.

This wasn't as easy as I thought, I was lucky to get my sz 11.5, there were too many re-sellers out 
mean.gif

. Other than that the orange is not that bright and blends better in person with the red/black. Overall, a very good colorway. 
nthat.gif

Man, that inner bootie color ruined these for me. I wish they would've made it black. I would've gotten this pair too if it wasn't for that orange.

I love the 2010's. I actually like most of the Jordan lines of the signature but for some it was the colorway that sold it for me. Some of these colors for the 28 are crazy in a bad way.

The one up on the Nike store has a white zipper and unc blue zipper hang tag.

^Nike

^ Eastbay

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom