Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Nobody, that's why they're building the hype :lol:

Who else do you want "checking" for them?

Hope you are being sarcastic...how are you building hype for a shoe with nobody wearing it and no adverts on TV? I could see if Kanye...Kendrick Lamar...JayZ ...were rocking these casually for the hypebeast or Griffin was rocking them game to game or the entire G town and Marquette squads wore the kicks for the tournament; but these kicks have disappeared from the general public.

I am sure nike/jb wants more than sneakerheads checking for these. If Nike/JB cared about sneakerheads we'd have high quality retros and PE's would release. We probably make up 5% of JB's revenue...if that. Unless they are planning on making 5,000, pairs banking on sneakerheads to move units is a losing proposition.

Hope you are being sarcastic...how are you building hype for a shoe with nobody wearing it and no adverts on TV? I could see if Kanye...Kendrick Lamar...JayZ ...were rocking these casually for the hypebeast or Griffin was rocking them game to game or the entire G town and Marquette squads wore the kicks for the tournament; but these kicks have disappeared from the general public.

I am sure nike/jb wants more than sneakerheads checking for these. If Nike/JB cared about sneakerheads we'd have high quality retros and PE's would release. We probably make up 5% of JB's revenue...if that. Unless they are planning on making 5,000, pairs banking on sneakerheads to move units is a losing proposition.
I gotta disagree with you there. We make up probably 75% of JB's revenue. I think every single overseas website (from the largest to the smallest) internationally selling Royal 1s were bought by NT members in the US. JB gets enormous revenue from members here. Unless I misread your post :x

Last edited:
New colorways are coming. I think these will be available next in the US.

They are already selling them at some international sites.

I gotta disagree with you there. We make up probably 75% of JB's revenue. I think every single overseas website (from the largest to the smallest) internationally selling Royal 1s were bought by NT members in the US. JB gets enormous revenue from members here. Unless I misread your post :x

You might be right...I'm not a sneaker industry insider by any means. But I would think people willing to camp out, ship from overseas, and drop a dime over $150 on a pair of sneakers were in the minority. At the end of the day, I can't remember a signature jordan release as limited as this one has been.

The sneaker community builds the hype. Advertising on TV isn't what JB does. They make a commercial year in and year out for the flagship model around all star time/release and that's it. Nothing new to this formula.

Westbrook has been wearing these a ton in games. That doesn't really make a difference. The first 4 colorways of this shoe generally were gone within the first couple of days and that's because of the amount of pairs made. Making them more limited is making more people want them knowing they can't get them as easily. JB is definitely smart for doing it this way. The next time pairs drop the community will be more thirsty to have them.

Sounds like you want these shoes to be more popular with celebs and stuff wearing them. I could care less. :x :rolleyes

Sounds like you want these shoes to be more popular with celebs and stuff wearing them. I could care less. :x :rolleyes

Nah...not really. i just couldn't figure out the marketing strategy considering Tinker gave the impression we would get more colorways than any Jordan ever. You said JB is trying to build hype, to me If you want to build underground hype without traditional marketing you throw Rick Ross, Kanye, "insert name of popular celeb here" and the most visible players in your stable (Westbrook and Griffin) pairs to rock...rinse...repeat. That's what hypebeasts feed off. Those are the people who respond to the hype you indicated Jb was trying to build.

To me JB has limited the 28's to the point where even those who want them because we like the shoe can't get their hands on them and I was trying to understand why. The only people who profit off that are resellers. JB makes shoes to make money, not build hype... so why not make enough so those who want them have a reasonable chance to get a pair? They certainly did with the BRED 11's by making 500,000 pairs. I'm not saying make 500,000 28's but if sneakerheads truly make up the majority of your revenue, why not get the product in their hands?

Nah...not really. i just couldn't figure out the marketing strategy considering Tinker gave the impression we would get more colorways than any Jordan ever. You said JB is trying to build hype, to me If you want to build underground hype without traditional marketing you throw Rick Ross, Kanye, "insert name of popular celeb here" and the most visible players in your stable (Westbrook and Griffin) pairs to rock...rinse...repeat. That's what hypebeasts feed off. Those are the people who respond to the hype you indicated Jb was trying to build.

To me JB has limited the 28's to the point where even those who want them because we like the shoe can't get their hands on them and I was trying to understand why. The only people who profit off that are resellers. JB makes shoes to make money, not build hype... so why not make enough so those who want them have a reasonable chance to get a pair? They certainly did with the BRED 11's by making 500,000 pairs. I'm not saying make 500,000 28's but if sneakerheads truly make up the majority of your revenue, why not get the product in their hands?

They're building the hype by not dropping new CWs. Plain and simple. That gets people talking/wondering. Look at the JB classics for example, people in here are wondering if they're dropping, giving opinions, etc.

I DO agree that there isn't enough of the XX8's around for people that actually want them to get them. However, producing that many BREDs is totally different because they are catered to an entirely different category of sneakerheads and are intended to be that way. The XX8 is made entirely to cater to BASKETBALL players and they don't care if Kanye or any other celebs are pushing them. If they did that it would take away from the whole purpose of the shoe's existence. The retro line is totally different from the flagship line, and I feel like you're mixing the two when wondering why we don't have more pairs.

There isn't a huge market for a $250 pair of zip up boot looking shoes. So since the flagship line has underperformed (by sales standards) in years past it seems like they really made these limited to keep them from sitting on shelves across the country. Sure there are some here and there scattered but it isn't widespread by any means. More colors will hopefully come, and hopefully production numbers WILL be higher so more people can get them without having to try so hard. If you really wanted these shoes though, they weren't hard to get on release day at all.

They're building the hype by not dropping new CWs. Plain and simple. That gets people talking/wondering. Look at the JB classics for example, people in here are wondering if they're dropping, giving opinions, etc.

I DO agree that there isn't enough of the XX8's around for people that actually want them to get them. However, producing that many BREDs is totally different because they are catered to an entirely different category of sneakerheads and are intended to be that way. The XX8 is made entirely to cater to BASKETBALL players and they don't care if Kanye or any other celebs are pushing them. If they did that it would take away from the whole purpose of the shoe's existence. The retro line is totally different from the flagship line, and I feel like you're mixing the two when wondering why we don't have more pairs.

There isn't a huge market for a $250 pair of zip up boot looking shoes. So since the flagship line has underperformed (by sales standards) in years past it seems like they really made these limited to keep them from sitting on shelves across the country. Sure there are some here and there scattered but it isn't widespread by any means. More colors will hopefully come, and hopefully production numbers WILL be higher so more people can get them without having to try so hard

Good points..we'll see what happens

If you really wanted these shoes though, they weren't hard to get on release day at all.

Nah not for me...and I live in Houston and trust me I hunted for them. I typically only ball in J's because they are one of the few high end performance shoes in my size (16). Lebrons, Durants, and Kobe's stop at 14 or 15 now unless you ID them. The largest size in any color I have found is a 14.

I ordered them offline at 11AM that morning.

I really don't even think these were produced above a 14. Haven't seen either way, but it seems like it'll be hard to come by for you. :frown:

Does anyone know if this cw is legit ? ... I saw it just 1min ago in kickz.com

I swear that nike and JB save the hottest cws for the PEs and leave us with wack cws i think my favorite cws are the Georgetown and the oak hill xx8s

these are on cali roots tonight 6est.
pricey though, ond CR will declare full value so add customs 5-10% plus free shipping over 300euro

Man, why in the hell weren't these the first CW to release?  I miss the days when a Bulls colorway was the first to release.  Instead, we get blue/gray and black/volt.  WTF??
mean.gif

im still blown away by the fact that they have a great base for a shoe but the colorways are horrible. Good colorways can easily be made and its been proven with all of the photoshops that have been done on this site alone. smh Jordan

Back
Top Bottom