Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

I called earlier in the day when I posted the pic that my boy sent me. They did have them. And another site that is well into the outlet game posted this. It's pretty much the same price when the 2012 with the full box and all that jazz hit the outlet, so the $199.99 price tag was expected.

Busted? 
roll.gif
my bad, glad it WAS true

In a bit of a dilemma.. I want these for basketball. I've had my Kobe 6's for 2 years and only play indoor ball with them. They've held up amazingly well. They were constructed well and I took care of them.

Now it's time for a new pair: I'm torn between getting the XX8's in either the red or blue colorway

-OR-

Waiting until next week to get the Kobe 8 Elites.

I haven't played in either but I know people with the Kobe 8's who love them. I don't know anyone with the XX8's. Which would you recommend?

Durability, comfort, lightness, flightless, etc are all important to me. I hit up Nightwing for his recommendation but haven't gotten a response :frown:

Outlets are selling kicks for $200 now :lol:
Someone in here claimed they saw them for $99. The price difference of $50 isn't a big deal to me. If these are for ball ima look to get the rarest ones since I know I'll be wearing them a lot at least over the next year

In a bit of a dilemma.. I want these for basketball. I've had my Kobe 6's for 2 years and only play indoor ball with them. They've held up amazingly well. They were constructed well and I took care of them.

Now it's time for a new pair: I'm torn between getting the XX8's in either the red or blue colorway

-OR-

Waiting until next week to get the Kobe 8 Elites.

I haven't played in either but I know people with the Kobe 8's who love them. I don't know anyone with the XX8's. Which would you recommend?

Durability, comfort, lightness, flightless, etc are all important to me. I hit up Nightwing for his recommendation but haven't gotten a response :frown:

Honestly, if you have been happy with your Kobe 6s I think you would be fine with the 8 elites. The only gripe I had with the Kobe's from this year was that the EM stretched out after about a month and a half of wearing them and the lunar was SO low to the ground in the forefoot I felt like I was actually hitting it hard as if I was barefoot.

The XX8 is by far the best basketball shoe I've ever tried out of the bunch. I've been wearing these exclusively since they dropped and I have no complains still. No slippage/instability, no traction problems, irritation...anything.

The XX8 really doesn't feel like a mid or high by any means, but you won't get that true freedom like the 8 gives you.

If you're ok with the price tag and the funkiness go with the XX8. I really don't think you'll regret it.

in outlets

not on ID yet?

no info on next release date or CWs ?

nothing on the lites since first pixs ?

Hmmm   what up with that ?

Honestly, if you have been happy with your Kobe 6s I think you would be fine with the 8 elites. The only gripe I had with the Kobe's from this year was that the EM stretched out after about a month and a half of wearing them and the lunar was SO low to the ground in the forefoot I felt like I was actually hitting it hard as if I was barefoot.

The XX8 is by far the best basketball shoe I've ever tried out of the bunch. I've been wearing these exclusively since they dropped and I have no complains still. No slippage/instability, no traction problems, irritation...anything.

The XX8 really doesn't feel like a mid or high by any means, but you won't get that true freedom like the 8 gives you.

If you're ok with the price tag and the funkiness go with the XX8. I really don't think you'll regret it.
Wow, dope :smokin I really appreciate that thorough post!! It was extremely helpful. I was on the fence with this for a while now.

Let me also ask, know the clear coating on the front of both the Kobe 8 and XX8's? It's on the toe box.. My only concern is nightwing said his is starting to wear off on the XX8's... If that came off then it makes for a much weaker shoe.

If I got the Kobe's I would go with really tight fit knowing the EM stretches (not surprised though since the shoe gets sweaty and hot when wearing it.. It would be hard for it to retain its shape.

I think I'll go with the XX8's. $110 more but to me it's worth it to get it right the first time. Thanks again!!

No prob. I haven't had any issues with my XX8s in the toebox and I've worn them at least 3 times a week since the day they dropped. There's definitely a few cases where it's happened but it's no widespread by any means.

The Kobe's still worked but id have to pull the laces super tight and it kind of abandoned the fit and purpose of the mesh and that's what I hated. It's a DAMN good shoe though. Honestly probably number 2 all time IMO.

Let us know what you end up with.

No prob. I haven't had any issues with my XX8s in the toebox and I've worn them at least 3 times a week since the day they dropped. There's definitely a few cases where it's happened but it's no widespread by any means.

The Kobe's still worked but id have to pull the laces super tight and it kind of abandoned the fit and purpose of the mesh and that's what I hated. It's a DAMN good shoe though. Honestly probably number 2 all time IMO.

Let us know what you end up with.
Definitely, that's some good info! Nice to hear from someone with the knowledge of both. Also nice to know you wear them a lot too!

Yeah I've put a lot of runs in both shoes and am actually more biased towards the Kobe series lately. But Jordan did it this year IMO

So when are we going to hear if the JBCs are releasing are not. I want a pair.

Anybody know why JB is holding out on the colorways? Tinker said they had more color ways than any J ever, yet all the public has gotten is 4 color ways all in limited quantities.

Hype? Outside of the sneakerhead who's really checking for these? The commercials rarely air anymore and outside of Westbrook and williams nobody is really rocking these on court

Why make a bunch of colorways to not send them to retail? You can make jb athletes whatever color they want and spare the expense of mass producing them.

There was supposed to be 11 cw in April releasing. Not sure if thats going to happen at this point

There is a size 14 black/electric green at this Niketown...([SIZE=12pt]724) 748-5138[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]And here is an official list of most ALL of the colors coming out in this shoe:[/SIZE]

555109 003
555109 004
555109 008
555109 010
555109 011
555109 013
555109 020
555109 105
555109 106
555109 107
555109 110
555109 402
555109 403
555109 404
555109 610
555109 708

13 in April, 2 in August, 1 in October

This is one of the posts that states multiple versions of the XX8 coming out in April. I don't think we ever saw anything else that confirmed this.

Back
Top Bottom