Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Originally Posted by gentry187

Pretty much this.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HOVKid

XX3's were the end for real Jordans.  It was a good run.  I never bought a sig shoe after XX3 cause there is no such thing.  I don't wear Team Jordans.
..I'd have to disagree w/ya... only in that JB doesn't even really drop those anymore... 
The og Pro, both EJ sigs, both Baker sigs, Pures, Team 1 etc were cooked crack in shoe form...  hell, if next to one another.. even the Elites, J'Madness n' the 1st half of DJs line would honestly lay waste to, and embarrass the current 'elite' hydrocarbon based, heat-fused, foot-shaped, fruit roll-ups... 

..n' sure, weight may be arguable.. but theres gotta be more of a balance w/substance... 

Jordan Brand should be analogous to Michael Jordan, circa the 4th quarter... but in these days its more like Harold Miner, circa 1996...

I'm excited to see what they look like.  I look at each shoe for what it is and don't compare to previous models because the only constant is change.  It's humorous to read all of the negative comments and the only thing visible about the shoe is the Carbon plate 
indifferent.gif
.  The 2012's were great in my opinion and they served the purpose I bought them for.  I will probably get the 2013 just because I'm a flagship model loyalist and that's what I grew up with.  Old habits die hard
roll.gif

I actually like the 2012 deluxe classics and wolf greys. Performance beast is correct. If the 2013s are an improvement from those.... my feet are ready.

im pretty excited to see what they look like and the "Proplate Zoom Technology" sounds incredible. I do agree with someone on the first page that said the Nike + thing is a way to boost the price up. I just dont understand why people are bashing this shoe because of the last few models but still, all in all, if they kill it on the court, then there is really nothing to +$%*# about because that is what they are made for. JB is not making their new shoes (09-12s and soon the 2013's) for the street, they never did, people just wanted that "look". I really hope JB throws everyone for a loop and kills this shoe....

I love love lovvvvveee zoom air in shoes.

It's why I buy URL's and E-cues off of Ebay and beat them to death.

the 2010's were great basketball shoes.

I'm excited to see this new "gimmick" called zoom air.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

The point is that they're more concerned about on-court performance than looks. Remember, Jordans were (and still are) BASKETBALL shoes.
jordans were about both though.....performance on courtm looks off court.

My expectations for this shoe are beyond low; I can't believe how it's gotten with the new line. I remember when I couldn't wait to see what the new Jordan sig looked like, but now I could care less. All of this new technology is cool, but the fact that they've pretty much ignored the style that made the Jordan line great is completely disappointing. I've got two words for the guys at Jordan Brand, simplicity sells.

Not even sure why JB bothers with this new technology when the majority of these annual shoes eventually go straight to outlets on clearance racks.
laugh.gif

If they put out a better looking product, it would boost their sales. I assume that theory doesn't exist with this dumb company.

Originally Posted by comacoma33

I will hold off judgement until I see them!
Same here. I HATED the 2012's when they first surfaced but after seeing more cw's and actually trying on the shoe and wearing them I quickly realized that these were one the better shoes to come out this year IMO

i'm loving my 2012 wolf grey deluxe. Keeping my hopes low on this so not to be disappointed but at the same time i'm not expecting a step down either.

well, I would say let's wait until the final product hits the shelves.
When the 2012 appeared I also hated them a lot.
But when looking to the Wolfgreys and the IDs I must say I quite
like them.

SMH at people already writing these off after a teaser pic and vague description.

2012's were dope.

Maybe if Kanye endorsed these, all the kiddies would like 'em? Or if they dropped in some glow in the dark, hot pink colorway??

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Originally Posted by Zyzz

they are gonna be ugly so who cares, look at the 2012

This.....x 10
If you knew how Jordan handled the 2012 and how little Tinker dealt with it... youd realize they need a kick in the pants... cuz no one cares anymore.  Give it to Justin to create I say.

tell us a story, grandpa!
wink.gif

nah, seriously i'd like to know what you know.

Originally Posted by ijapino

SMH at people already writing these off after a teaser pic and vague description.

2012's were dope.

Maybe if Kanye endorsed these, all the kiddies would like 'em? Or if they dropped in some glow in the dark, hot pink colorway??
DING DING DING!

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

Integrates with internet? what the...

This is supposed to be a bit more advanced than what Nike+ is currently doing though. The new Lebron is going to have a version of this too, there's going to be an iOS app that will be able to take all kinds of biometric data and sync it with any videos shot. So if you're training and your trainers have you set up properly you'll be able to get a reading of how high you jump AND annotate the video with it for later review.

Bad thing is that it's going to shoot the price of the shoes up by a considerable amount.

sounds like they are trying to functionally do what the 2009 intended to do with the spring board

saying theyre more focused on performance due to the lack of pleasing aesthetics is like saying the reason you are dating the fatty is because "shes beatiful on the inside"

my 3 predictions for this shoe

1. thin and flimsy

2. oversized misplaced jumpman somewhere

3. attempts to reel you in with a "performance" gimmick

Back
Top Bottom