Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Finally got to hoop in my XX8's.

They are fantastic, the heel-toe response is crazy.

The issue I have is on full zip they don't breathe at all, and my lower calves are drenched immediately wearing ankle socks.

Great shoe... head-turning design. I am on the lookout for a few more pairs... 

Finally got to hoop in my XX8's.

They are fantastic, the heel-toe response is crazy.

The issue I have is on full zip they don't breathe at all, and my lower calves are drenched immediately wearing ankle socks.

Great shoe... head-turning design. I am on the lookout for a few more pairs... 
hooped in mine yesterday too, an old guy asked me if they were hoop shoes and who made em

i too want at least another pair, but i have a hard time doubling up on hoop shoes, i feel like theres going to be a good one every year so i dont have to double

hooped in mine yesterday too, an old guy asked me if they were hoop shoes and who made em

i too want at least another pair, but i have a hard time doubling up on hoop shoes, i feel like theres going to be a good one every year so i dont have to double
This is why I have trouble doubling up as well.  But for a few models, I've done so anyway... especially these XX8s.

The whole zoom bag popping concern makes me feel both good and bad about grabbing a second pair though.  Good to have a second pair if one goes, but knowing that the first pair might go, it can be hard to justify spending the money on another.

Either way an incredible shoe to hoop in so it may be worth the risk to have a couple pairs.  Especially with the two year window for a voucher

Maybe it's just me being paranoid but I think the zoom in the black/greens that I UNDSed is starting to lose air. The unit looks slightly less pronounced than it does in my other pairs.

Anybody else notice that?

I weigh 212lbs if that's important

Maybe it's just me being paranoid but I think the zoom in the black/greens that I UNDSed is starting to lose air. The unit looks slightly less pronounced than it does in my other pairs.

Anybody else notice that?

I weigh 212lbs if that's important
the zoom bag in my right shoe is not as prominent as my left shoe

the left shoe feels like im walking on a big zoom bag (so i thought too much air) but looking at the soles, theyre both identical to my eye

and the right shoe is still very comfortable, it just feels like its protruding considerably less than my left foot 

idk, i might end up doubling up still because these remind me so much of my favorite shoe to hoop in (adidas gdl)

the zoom bag in my right shoe is not as prominent as my left shoe

the left shoe feels like im walking on a big zoom bag (so i thought too much air) but looking at the soles, theyre both identical to my eye

and the right shoe is still very comfortable, it just feels like its protruding considerably less than my left foot 

idk, i might end up doubling up still because these remind me so much of my favorite shoe to hoop in (adidas gdl)
Thanks, I'm just gonna keep playing in the them and not worry if they pop. I might try and get a few more pairs too. I really love zipper shoes and don't think the xx9s will have a zipper but the worry of the zoom popping is still there if I go out and buy some more pairs

Really disappointed with mine. Maybe I was to pumped for them but the fit just isn't for me. I'll be returning them to eastbay.

Been Thoroughly Pleased With These While Hoopin In Em. Funny I Keep Getting "What Shoes Are Those? They For Ballin?" Too :lol:

Been Thoroughly Pleased With These While Hoopin In Em. Funny I Keep Getting "What Shoes Are Those? They For Ballin?" Too
laugh.gif
yea, its lowkey annoying

i honestly hate talking about shoes unless its on this forum, especially when a stranger walks up to you and says something, it urk me

yea, its lowkey annoying

i honestly hate talking about shoes unless its on this forum, especially when a stranger walks up to you and says something, it urk me
I don't like talking about my shoes at the gym and such either... the only thing is that I hoop in so many different pairs that some people may always see me in something new 
laugh.gif
 so you can't blame them for asking/wondering.  

I don't like it, but I almost put it on myself wearing different shoes all the time

Yea got the right size, just the toe box area and heel seem loose while the midfoot area seems real tight, maybe it's a break in thing but for 250$ I don't wanna take any chances.

Yea got the right size, just the toe box area and heel seem loose while the midfoot area seems real tight, maybe it's a break in thing but for 250$ I don't wanna take any chances.
Did you stay TTS or go half down?

Personally I'm very glad I went .5 down.  The fit is great and everything feels secure

How Michael Jordan Made $90 Million In 2013
Nike released the Air Jordan 10 “Powder Blue” retro sneaker on Saturday, 20 years after the first Jordan 10s hit shelves. Like all the Jordan retro releases, this one was highly anticipated and first-day sales hit $35 million. For perspective, in all of 2013, Adidas sold $40 million in the U.S. of the signature shoes of its top star, Derrick Rose. The Bulls’ current star guard isn’t the only one operating in the shadow of Jordan. Reigning MVP LeBron James is the top seller among current NBA players with $300 million at retail last year for his Nike shoes, according to data tracker SportsOneSource. Jordan crushed those numbers with $2.25 billion in U.S. retail basketball sales in 2013. It has been more than a decade since Michael Jordan last appeared in an NBA uniform, but MJ most certainly has still got it.

Jordan made an estimated $90 million last year thanks to the rich partnership he enjoys with Nike. His 2013 earnings eclipsed those of all other retired or current athletes save boxer Floyd Mayweather. It marked Jordan’s biggest earnings year yet in a career paved with monster paydays, which peaked in Jordan’s last season with the Bulls (1997-98) at $80 million.

Jordan is still the NBA’s biggest star 11 years after leaving the game.
Jordan entered the NBA three decades ago after three years at North Carolina, where he announced himself to the country his freshman year with the game-winning shot in the 1982 National Championship game. Nike saw the marketing potential of Jordan, drafted third overall by the Bulls, and offered him a five-year contract worth $500,000 annually plus royalties. It was a huge sum at the time for a shoe deal, but it was a partnership that would lead both parties to unprecedented heights.

Jordan took the court his rookie year in 1984 in a pair of red and black Air Jordans, which matched the Bulls’ uniforms, but did not feature any white per NBA protocol. The league banned the shoes and fined Michael $5,000 every game for wearing them. Nike covered the fines and capitalized on the attention with a commercial with the following voiceover: “On September 15th, Nike created a revolutionary new basketball shoe. On October 18th, the NBA threw them out of the game. Fortunately, the NBA can’t stop you from wearing them.” A marketing juggernaut was born.

Damn. I wonder how many of those were XX8s. JB would be nowhere without retros. Shame, the new sigs are a lot better

Yeah, I'm sure Jordan Brand means Retros, Signatures, t-shirts, shorts, socks, etc. It's pretty amazing that long after retirement this dude's merchandise is still moving heavy.

I wish I could remember where I saw that article that said JB wasn't happy that dudes weren't beasting for the XX8s the same way they do for lebrons, kobes, or retros.

I remember it also said that JB wasn't content that the majority of people think Jordans peaked with the I-XIV and one of the reasons they are taking so long to bring out the XX9 is that they want to change that perception.

If MJ was still playing and he rocked the xx8s, they would be beasting hard for them.

Back
Top Bottom