Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

these look like a blanket wrapped around a shoe, like the XVIII but they somehow made it look more disgusting somehow. Didnt even know that was possible. 

Anthracite8s -

To some people, $50 is a lot to pay for a basketball shoe. To some people, $250 is not a lot to pay for a basketball shoe. Concepts like "a lot" are relative.

Cguy610 -

And because Foams sat on shelves, the prices started coming back down. If people don't pay the $250 for the XX8, maybe the price will come down. I gladly paid the $180 in '97 for the Foam One the day it came out and I will glady pay the $250 for the XX8. Adjusted for inflation, the XX8 is actually $5 cheaper.

23likemike23 -

Maybe the people that bought them didn't think they were disgusting? Are you under the impression that your personal taste controls the personal taste for all human kind?

Eltouha -

Your words were:

"you guys getting played like fiddles."

So, anybody that likes something you don't like is being played? Interesting. But 23likemike23 already declared that it is HIS personal taste that the world must abide by.

How can both of you be the taste makers for the entire planet? There can only be one.

Eltouha -

Your words were:

"you guys getting played like fiddles."

So, anybody that likes something you don't like is being played? Interesting. But 23likemike23 already declared that it is HIS personal taste that the world must abide by.

How can both of you be the taste makers for the entire planet? There can only be one.

i said nothing about taste. in fact, i might even pick up a pair eventually. if you read my last post, you'd know this, as well as my point, which is this sudden thirst is just silly.

this has got nothing to do with my taste and yours. buy what you like, more power to you for that. people just need to calm down.

really have hated every jordan since the 8s ... 

these caught my eye from day 1 and after watching several people try them on i want em 

cant wrap my head around the $250 ... jesus .. .

Here is the post in question, in its entirety:

"hilarious. two dang fiddy plus tax, you guys getting played like fiddles."

I am not a mind reader. If your point was that hype had caused people who had previously not wanted the shoe to suddenly want it, then you should have said that. As written, the only logical conclusion was that you believed anybody who would pay $250 for a shoe is a fool. Which, is fine if that's your opinion, but I have a different opinion and I'm voicing my disagreement.

I've been playing sports in Nikes since the 80s and I've always been happy with them. Price increases are not going to scare me away, although they have caused me to buy fewer pairs. To some people, the $250 price tag may cause them not to buy. For me personally, I'll still buy a few, but not nearly as many as I would have at a lower price point. Nike is obviously pushing the envelope on price right now and everyone is free to respond however they wish.

I loved the Air Max Hyperdunk 2011. I gladly bought several pairs at $160 a pop. One season later and the Air Max Hyperposite is $225. Suddenly, two pairs was enough. I loved the Air Jordan 2012. I gladly bought several pairs at $180 a pop. One season later and the Air Jordan XX8 is $250. Two pairs will probably be enough. I'm definitely unhappy about the large increases and I'm going out of my way to buy less.

And some people may choose to not buy at all.

But for me, as long as Nike keeps pumping out top of the line basketball sneakers, I will keep buying until I'm too old to play basketball anymore.

I respect that MSL. I retract that statement with reference to yourself.

However I still contest that it might be premature to pull the trigger on these since we don't know what other colourways may drop and if the price might end up going down.

Sorry if I offended but my posts tend to be lighthearted in intent.

The exclusive box is dope and has a nice touch with the "Houston 2013" on it. Of course with it being free it made me feel a little better about paying 250 because I ended up with 3 boxes. That joint has to weigh at least 20 pounds lol. I still think the shoe would have been soooo much better as a true mid-cut shoe; even with the zipper/cover.

Last edited:
Saw the XX8s today in person. Nicely made shoes. Fit is very good. Cushioning is amazing. Still not sold on the HIGH cut nor the price. Only colorway I wanted was the black/volts and they were sold out in my size. Oh well. Maybe I'll get the yellows or there will be a restock of the black/volts. Or I'll just buy two other pairs of high performance basketball shoes....

it might be premature to pull the trigger on these since we don't know what other colourways may drop and if the price might end up going down.

I've certainly found all of the mystery to be a bit frustrating. Thus far I have not pulled the trigger on the XX8, but I hope to soon. The price is not the issue, just hoping for a traditional Air Jordan colorway (any combo of white, red and black is fine by me). I like the red camos and I'd heard they were dropping 2/23, so I held off on the 2/16 releases, but now I'm hearing March 2 for the red camos? Who knows. It wasn't that long ago that you could go to NDC and see the full schedule for the next 2-3 months. Now we don't even know what comes out in a week or two. It sucks.

This sneaker grew on me and when I went to foot locker today I tried them on along with the Squad blue 13s and Lebron ASGs, they're actually really nice.  Not so much zipped up, but with the flap down and everything, pretty dope.  I wouldn't spend 125 on it though, if they still have them and it's like on clearance then I'll definitely cop.  Dope shoe nonetheless.

Spike Lee in the red ones...

I've certainly found all of the mystery to be a bit frustrating. Thus far I have not pulled the trigger on the XX8, but I hope to soon. The price is not the issue, just hoping for a traditional Air Jordan colorway (any combo of white, red and black is fine by me). I like the red camos and I'd heard they were dropping 2/23, so I held off on the 2/16 releases, but now I'm hearing March 2 for the red camos? Who knows. It wasn't that long ago that you could go to NDC and see the full schedule for the next 2-3 months. Now we don't even know what comes out in a week or two. It sucks.

Oh man you wanna hear about frustration, I live in Sydney Australia and these aren't coming to my city at all.

I can't even hold a pair in my hands!

Back
Top Bottom