Air Jordan XXXIII first info

Mj1wiz.jpg
that jacked dunk still made a great poster; Magic almost took the court LOL :lol:

Last edited:
The 16’s and 17’s were nice shoes. From 18 to the 22 JB went back to trash (18’s being just under passable). 23’s were “ok”

nah he had the elevation, he tried to hammer and back ended the rim -In the first quarter he made a dunk; remember after the game he said at his age he goes through a mental checklist as he's rising up.:lol:. This is fun stuff. I know some peeps are getting annoyed with our memory lanes lol

nah he had the elevation, he tried to hammer and back ended the rim -In the first quarter he made a dunk; remember after the game he said at his age he goes through a mental checklist as he's rising up.:lol:. This is fun stuff. I know some peeps are getting annoyed with our memory lanes lol
Got to see him once in person play in Indy in 02. He only scored 16 points. Didnt matter to me. Actually was almost courtside when he was practicing free throws an hour or so before the game. He literally was by himself shooting free throws with 5-6 security guards around him. Those Copper 17s were mind blowing to me at that moment. He was only out there for 10-15 min and no one bothered him. That was all worth it in itself.

Got to see him once in person play in Indy in 02. He only scored 16 points. Didnt matter to me. Actually was almost courtside when he was practicing free throws an hour or so before the game. He literally was by himself shooting free throws with 5-6 security guards around him. Those Copper 17s were mind blowing to me at that moment. He was only out there for 10-15 min and no one bothered him. That was all worth it in itself.

Copper 17s were amazing, I was not expecting that retro in 2016 but I’m happy that I was able to get a pair on disco, no less. I’m glad those released before they substantially cut quantities on post-XIV retros.

The 17s by far were my favorite pair of Jordan’s to play in. Hoping the 33s are better than the 32.

Ah man the XVII’s were indeed amazing.

I used them during gym class and the other students would be “ya know those cost 200.00 right?”

I paid full price for the white/red, and the low Carolina blues, but the WB/royal highs I was able to get for $60 bucks(briefcase included) at footlocker back :lol: I bought 3 pair and destroyed all of them. I know we will never get a proper retro.

We get fed bs from JB like “oh the molds got destroyed” etc, but chuck Taylor’s, vans, stan smiths been retro’d a million times and are pretty close to the og’s. After Feb 2019 I’m done.

I paid full price for the white/red, and the low Carolina blues, but the WB/royal highs I was able to get for $60 bucks(briefcase included) at footlocker back :lol: I bought 3 pair and destroyed all of them. I know we will never get a proper retro.

We get fed bs from JB like “oh the molds got destroyed” etc, but chuck Taylor’s, vans, stan smiths been retro’d a million times and are pretty close to the og’s. After Feb 2019 I’m done.

I’m sure they feed us BS because the real reason is that they need to cut production costs to increase profit margins on each pair sold, especially if they’re now cutting quantities produced on post-XIV retros.

Never bought the 17s but remember being at Niketown Chicago the day they dropped. The $200 tag was pretty outrageous; accounting for inflation that would be about $285 today. I didn't think the shoes were cool enough to even begin to rationalize buying them at MSRP. I really did want the white/university blue lows, though. Can't remember why I never got around to getting a pair but always regretted it.

What’s left? I pretty much will have every pair I wanted.

I'm close to being in the same place. Only Jordans I don't own in good shape or even DS that I want are black/cement 4s (supposedly coming) and Nike Air branded white/red 5s. I'll reload on Concords this December. I want a good 3 retro but know it's never happening so I've stopped even thinking about it. Only others I want but am not holding my breath on are an actual OG retro of the black/red i.e. 11 lows and the OG snakeskin 11 lows. I'd probably buy a pair of the 17 white/university blue lows, and I do like patent 11 lows, so it's always possible they come up with colorways here and there I would buy.

But even if ALL the above comes along, that's really not that much left, and some of those would just be a nice bonus for me at this point. It's taken a LONG time to get my stash to this point, but damn if I'm not happy about it LOL

unfortunately, JB has me for life. I wear my shoes, so each pair will eventually need to be replaced. for exaample, every 5 years or so, I'll be restocking my cement whites, or TB 3s, or Grapes..........u get the point.

See for me I mainly wear casual shoes or runners when I’m not in dress shoes. Out of all my pairs, my 1s get the most burn now

Back
Top Bottom