Air Jordan XXXIII first info

Screenshot_20181129-090340_SNKRS.jpg

I recalled the red stitch pairs because they updated the lacing tech to actually eject and be more responsive due to complaints from the first colorway.... And the updated batch came with grey stitching to keep them from getting mixed up...

I went ahead and got one from NDC, contemplating cancelling the eastbay. I might just wait until the NDC shows up to be safe...

I have to try these on before buying. Got a feeling that big tongue is gonna feel too weird for me lol

Sorry for the delay on these pictures. Shoes came in at work on Friday. Was swamped AND I'm really under the weather. Finally got some time and strength to get them out of their shipping box (stupid swoosh box!!) And take some pics.
IMG_20181129_150907.jpg
IMG_20181129_150854.jpg
IMG_20181129_150246.jpg

Ok, my mini review & .02¢:
Colorway is nice. I'm in the small group who likes this (I like weird colors and standing out) and I'm in the group who grew up on ACG when Nike unveiled it. That's why I got this colorway.

Materials are ok. Some hate the fake suede material on the back section. I dig it. Reminds me of ACG when they used different forms of leather and such back in the day. The mesh is very soft. Much more pliable than the 32 Flyknit (which is a-ok with me)

Lacing system & fit: Total gimmick!! For info, these are an 11.5. I went up .5 to aid in getting into and out of the shoe easier and for less midfoot tightness. The 32, I couldn't move my toes let alone wiggle any in my true size 11. They were so stiff and tight. Moved up .5 helped enough (though not perfect).

These have plenty of space in the toebox. I can wiggle all 10. The arch area is still plenty snug but I expect that to break in once I wear them a bit. Not as bad as some have said as I have normal to narrow feet. The extra .5 doesn't make the shoe feel long. My longer foot (right) my toe is right at the spot where the hyperfuse starts at the end of the mesh.

These DON'T need to be "tied" to be worn. I could barely get them on going up .5, with the strap undone and loosened. I figure in my true size, I'd probably never get them on. One can wear with just the strap tightened. System is a gimmick. It's unique I'll give them that, but give me laces.

I can DEFINITELY feel the zoom in them. Very comfortable and soft underfoot. I can see once broken in, will be a joy walking in. My hope is that they will release a pair with laces. But if not, this will do as my only 33. Interested to see what the 34 will bring.

Took some restraint but was able to refrain from grabbing those black joints. Realistically, any idea on when people can expect to see a disco if they have in fact sat?

This is about how I expected the subsequent releases of the 33 to go. The first dropped colorway of the Jordan flagship seems to be a quick seller for whatever reason. The colorways that follow, not so much.

Back
Top Bottom