Air Jordan XXXIII first info

You think its gonna be trash? I am shocked.

Yeah I’m not saying that to just hate on everything. I feel like the shoe game is so garbage now and it’s painful, because I’ve loved this **** since I was in 3rd grade. All the new **** sucks.

air-jordan-24-xxiv-4.jpg
air-jordan-24-xxiv-4.jpg
upload_2018-9-12_18-41-10.jpeg

So I guess this is the tension system maybe..?[/QUOTE
upload_2018-9-12_18-41-10.jpeg

So I guess this is the tension system maybe..?
that tension system remind me of this 2009 sketch I seen back then

Yeah I’m not saying that to just hate on everything. I feel like the shoe game is so garbage now and it’s painful, because I’ve loved this **** since I was in 3rd grade. All the new **** sucks.
Yes, the newer stuff does not meet expectations of what we grew up with. My optimism is low on these for sure. How shoes are made and what people want are different now. Which is hard to adjust to. Depending on age of course. A shoe you dont have to tie makes no sense to me. But to many it makes sense. Im still intrigued, always will be.

If that’s what it’s similar to, I’m done with new Jordan sigs.

The concept is ok. But it makes me think of the XV. Sorry but I like those. The last new sig I bought was the 30. Yeah, I know its looked down upon but I like those also. Everyone has a different taste I get. But like every new J that comes I will at least give it a chance to grow on me. Like I used to do.

Last edited:
With it's simplicity, I viewed the base model of the Air Jordan XX9 as the modern Converse All-star. It's nuts that they never hit Nike ID.

As far as these XXX3 – no matter what the design is – I'm just hopeful for dope colorways.

HYPOTHESIS: Considering the hints with the tech, I suspect this shoe has been many years in the making. Possibly dating back to the XXX when they rushed that design. Then the XXX1 and XXX2 were placeholders with throwback design concepts. I'm optimistic this will really be special.

Man the XX9s were legitimately the best Jordans I’ve ever worn, in terms of comfort. I used them as ball/gym shoes for a year and I remember thinking how they put even my previous LeBron 11 and 12s to shame with how explosive the unlocked zoom felt and how lightweight yet stable they were. Strangely, right out of the box, they also had probably the best smell of any Jordan I’ve ever purchased as well-not sure what that was from. I later bought pairs of XXXs and XXX1s to replace my XX9s for this reason and they simply didn’t math up. If only those XX9s looked even remotely decent for casual wear, I would’ve definitely worn them at non-physical exercise related occasions haha

Last edited:
Fellas, we hate the new stuff because we're old. Let's just call a spade a spade.

JB is not making shoes for us. They're making shoes for 15 year olds. I'm 34. None of this stuff moves me because I'm getting old.

Fellas, we hate the new stuff because we're old. Let's just call a spade a spade.

JB is not making shoes for us. They're making shoes for 15 year olds. I'm 34. None of this stuff moves me because I'm getting old.

Ummmmm, nah

Famb, the in look right now for the younger crowd is bulky dad shoes, not shrouded futuristic basketball sneakers with alternative lacing systems.

Consumers didn't get out of touch. JB has repeatedly put gimmicks over making a good looking shoe.

Last edited:

LOL I'm older than you. Sometimes I think there is some serious truth to this, but honestly it's not always that, either. There are plenty of modern Nikes and other sneakers I like. Jordan just hasn't done much good stuff looks-wise in the past 15 years. From 18 through 28, they just had a lot of crap-looking shoes. And since the 29, we've been stuck with Jordan being in the same boring game the rest of Nike has gotten itself into: woven or knit shoes. It's just become BORING as eff, and it applies to the other Nike sig bball shoes as well. I'll be the first to admit that my tastes don't match a lot of what "the kids" are wearing in general these days, but when it comes to sneakers, a rad sneaker is a rad sneaker. it's not like Jordan has dropped much in the past 15 years that ANYONE is sitting around saying, oh now THOSE are CLASSICS, including "the kids."

Ummmmm, nah

Famb the in look right now for the younger crowd is bulky dad shoes, not shrouded futuristic basketball sneakers with alternative lacing systems.

Consumers didn't get out of touch. JB has repeatedly put gimmicks over making a good looking shoe.

Yeah, all of this, too LOL

The concept is ok. But it makes me think of the XV. Sorry but I like those. The last new sig I bought was the 30. Yeah, I know its looked down upon but I like those also. Everyone has a different taste I get. But like every new J that comes I will at least give it a chance to grow on me. Like I used to do.

I liked the 30, too. Looks-wise, I think it's easily the best out of the 29-32. I never really got why everyone seemed to hate it. What, because they reused the midsole from the 29? And because of that joke of a press conference with Tinker? Those are fair game to criticize, but I never cared, the actual shoe still looked good, especially the first colorway and the carolina colorway that was color-blocked the same. I picked both of them up every time I saw them in a store and just never bought them, mostly because there was other stuff dropping and I didn't think I'd wear them much. ****, now I see what they are going for on StockX and I'm tempted to grab a pair. But I think I'll just let it go, at least until we see these 33s.

LOL I'm older than you. Sometimes I think there is some serious truth to this, but honestly it's not always that, either. There are plenty of modern Nikes and other sneakers I like. Jordan just hasn't done much good stuff looks-wise in the past 15 years. From 18 through 28, they just had a lot of crap-looking shoes. And since the 29, we've been stuck with Jordan being in the same boring game the rest of Nike has gotten itself into: woven or knit shoes. It's just become BORING as eff, and it applies to the other Nike sig bball shoes as well. I'll be the first to admit that my tastes don't match a lot of what "the kids" are wearing in general these days, but when it comes to sneakers, a rad sneaker is a rad sneaker. it's not like Jordan has dropped much in the past 15 years that ANYONE is sitting around saying, oh now THOSE are CLASSICS, including "the kids."

I think the 18's were dope. A lot people seem to agree. The retro version of the 18's sold well. I also think the 20 and the 23 are classic, in the right color ways. The green and black 28 sold out fast and a few other colorways were hot. I also really like the Bred mid 32's, the CEO's the Black Cats, the Gatorade and the Last shot.. Let be real, people don't wear basketball shoes casually, so they claim, unless they are retro Jordans. (although the same people will still wear Foams) It's not cool. That's as stupid as when my nephew told me you can't play ball in Retros. Because of the tech. Kids really believe that B.S. The truth is yes a good sneaker might be more comfortable, but skill is skill. No shoe can replace that. Also a lot of people can't dress. They can't pull off a 32 because their style is wack. In the words of Cam'Rom. "I'm make this look good. You wasn't rocking it right." My point is yes Jordan could have done a better job with the color ways of the 32's and yes some of the models could of had a better role out or tweek a bit more. But it's not as bad as some of you are making it out to be. The 32 in my opinion was a dope looking shoe. Yes after the 23's, Jordan started to stumble a bit. But since the 28's, Jordan been stepping it up. They can improve more, but let's give them some credit.

I liked the 30, too. Looks-wise, I think it's easily the best out of the 29-32. I never really got why everyone seemed to hate it. What, because they reused the midsole from the 29? And because of that joke of a press conference with Tinker? Those are fair game to criticize, but I never cared, the actual shoe still looked good, especially the first colorway and the carolina colorway that was color-blocked the same. I picked both of them up every time I saw them in a store and just never bought them, mostly because there was other stuff dropping and I didn't think I'd wear them much. ****, now I see what they are going for on StockX and I'm tempted to grab a pair. But I think I'll just let it go, at least until we see these 33s.

I actually think the XXXs were hated because, aside from the reasons you mentioned, they were actually a step down, performance-wise from the XX9s. To be fair, I think the XX9s are STILL widely considered the best performance shoe the brand has ever put out but the XXXs were still quite a step down from that (in terms of traction, fit, and, most importantly, the heel chafing issues the shoe had). I think it’s telling that JB cut the life span of the XXXs quite short and I believe there were only 4 maybe 5 cws ever released along with no low-top variants, which is insane for a recent flagship model.

I don't hate the new stuff

I like some of the new stuff.

I like sneakers, I get kicks beyond nostalgia. Normally based on appearance, functionality and occasionally hype.

I think the 18's were dope. A lot people seem to agree. The retro version of the 18's sold well. I also think the 20 and the 23 are classic, in the right color ways. The green and black 28 sold out fast and a few other colorways were hot. I also really like the Bred mid 32's, the CEO's the Black Cats, the Gatorade and the Last shot.. Let be real, people don't wear basketball shoes casually, so they claim, unless they are retro Jordans. (although the same people will still wear Foams) It's not cool. That's as stupid as when my nephew told me you can't play ball in Retros. Because of the tech. Kids really believe that B.S. The truth is yes a good sneaker might be more comfortable, but skill is skill. No shoe can replace that. Also a lot of people can't dress. They can't pull off a 32 because their style is wack. In the words of Cam'Rom. "I'm make this look good. You wasn't rocking it right." My point is yes Jordan could have done a better job with the color ways of the 32's and yes some of the models could of had a better role out or tweek a bit more. But it's not as bad as some of you are making it out to be. The 32 in my opinion was a dope looking shoe. Yes after the 23's, Jordan started to stumble a bit. But since the 28's, Jordan been stepping it up. They can improve more, but let's give them some credit.

I never said EVERY shoe since the 18 was crap. And actually I meant most of the shoes that came after the 18, not including the 18, though that shoe has always been "meh whatever" to me personally. However, the majority of releases since the 19 have left a lot to be desired. Again, not all, but a lot. They have definitely been on an upswing since the 28 though, you are right about that.

Back
Top Bottom