Air Jordan XXXIII first info

Guys, if you want to play basketball put on your space jams or buy concords. They already created the perfect basketball shoe.

These shoes were made for walkin and thats just what theyll do. Sometimes, if I feel like shooting around Ill do that too.

Really?
For me the aj 11 are one of the worst to ball in.
One of the worst in traction and stability.
They only look good and are comfortable imo.
Asthetic wise the 11 might be one of the best, but performance wise there are many other air jordans i choose over them when i go to a basketball court, especially when i want to play against other players to compete.
I prefer the aj 8, 9, 10, 12, 13 and 14 anytime over the 11 when it comes to playing basketball. Not to mention any more recent models.

Last edited:
The leather piece at the ankle isnt what it used to be

I dont know what to tell you about traction. Herringbone on that clear sole never let me down personally.

The leather piece at the ankle isnt what it used to be

I dont know what to tell you about traction. Herringbone on that clear sole never let me down personally.

Maybe it depends on the version.
I only played in the 2000 and 2001 retros which had less ankle padding than the 2016 retro and the ogs also.

It was a nightmare, my blackreds 11 were quite new and still i slipped quite on any move while other players on the court with different and older shoes had no issues of slipping around.

Last edited:
2000s were trash

Performance wise indeed.
The patent leather cut was ok. And the leather at the heel (except the black reds) were indeed leather.
I have the 2016 space jams which feels more solid and stable.
But i cannot tell in terms of traction as i never played in those.
Worst traction i had were the 2000s 11, 2000s 6.
2001s 16 white/navy's had good traction.

Performance wise indeed.
The patent leather cut was ok. And the leather at the heel (except the black reds) were indeed leather.
I have the 2016 space jams which feels more solid and stable.
But i cannot tell in terms of traction as i never played in those.
Worst traction i had were the 2000s 11, 2000s 6.
2001s 16 white/navy's had good traction.

both trash

sounds like we had the same exact trajectory back then.

Did you move onto the red white 17s after that? And did you get them for a steal on eastbay?

those 16s were awesome for basketball. The catch was they were clown shoes. The 17s had a way harder midsole and collar but looked way better. Blister machines though.

Half Joking aside, 14s were probably the sweet spot for performance but ugly. 13s were close but those hard rubber pods were too much. 12s were boots.

11s were like the pink car in F zero. Rock solid in all categories.

If 14s are Ferraris, 11s were Porsches.

Seems to me that the only reason the laceless system “works” is because of the strap that you tighten that goes behind the tongue. Without that there I’m not sure how effective the laceless system alone would be. I’ll be interested to try them next week to see if this is the issue.

Maybe it depends on the version.
I only played in the 2000 and 2001 retros which had less ankle padding than the 2016 retro and the ogs also.

It was a nightmare, my blackreds 11 were quite new and still i slipped quite on any move while other players on the court with different and older shoes had no issues of slipping around.

NAH.

The pic looks from the launch event but I don’t remember seeing a BC colorway

739C1B64-535A-40F1-8CA1-050E1676CB0F.jpeg

sounds like we had the same exact trajectory back then.

Did you move onto the red white 17s after that? And did you get them for a steal on eastbay?

those 16s were awesome for basketball. The catch was they were clown shoes. The 17s had a way harder midsole and collar but looked way better. Blister machines though.

Half Joking aside, 14s were probably the sweet spot for performance but ugly. 13s were close but those hard rubber pods were too much. 12s were boots.

11s were like the pink car in F zero. Rock solid in all categories.

If 14s are Ferraris, 11s were Porsches.

I bought the taxi 12s on release day during Thanksgiving break my junior year of college. They were my gym-only pickup game shoes that whole winter in the IMs on campus. I remember one of my boys back then coming up to me in the gym and going, dude, I don't know how you can play in those things, they weigh so much. And he was a huge MJ fan who had every colorway of the 12s, but he refused to play in them he thought they were so clunky LOL. Personally, they didn't bother me one bit, and I actually appreciated the fact that they were pretty much the most indestructible Jordan I had ever owned--kind of the polar opposite of some of the previous models, more than one pair of which fell apart on me. But they are definitely an overly heavy shoe, even back then when we were still more than 10 years away from the era of ultralight sneakers and knit this and knit that.

rrlegend rrlegend How is sizing on these.. compared to aaaa Jordan 1?

I hate those cardboard ankle inserts they put in Jordans. :sick:

Back
Top Bottom