Air Jordan XXXIII first info

i agree. it also doesnt hurt that lebron still plays and mj hasnt played in 17 years thus making lebrons line more relatable to the casual fan

also the look, cushioning, and comfort all point to the lebron 16 more likely to be rocked casually

battleknit > synthetic textile mesh

max with zoom > forefoot with small hexagon heel zoom

regular laces > parachute chord and velcro strap

simple max 270 silhouette > boxy jordan dub zero silhouette with large tongue and heel tab

the 16 just looks way more polished and smooth

also from a basketball shoe standpoint you are getting all of nikes premium basketball materials and tech in the lebron 16 for just $10 more than the xxx3

and honestly whats more trusted on and off the court than traditional laces?

I get the feeling JBs mindset with these was "let's make an Air Jordan that people thought Jordans might look like in the future back when Jordans were popular". I dont think they were concerned with outdoing the Lebron line more than pleasing their own personal design goals. And I dont agree at all with the Lebrons look lightyears ahead of these aesthetically comment.

Might be my first non retro Jordans since the 22s... the clicking sound to tighten them though seems loud lol

Lebron 16s look very safe, very predictable. We're debating comfort and no one on here has a pair of XXX3s...A fair comparison would be KDs.

Hex-Zoom is double stacked, forefoot Zoom is unlocked and tweaked some. I can't wait to rock a shoe I can wear 'loose' without keeping laces tucked in my liner or knotting the tips...Profile looks sleek. I can't see the Lebron 16s working well with jeans; the ankle cut takes a nosedive so do you tuck pant leg-in or out? Skinny jean option?...it just looks too much like a basketball shoe.

I still don't see where you guys are getting 'boxy, Dub Zero-ish'. Dubs are cut like the XIIIs, these ride low. Enlighten me please.

Last edited:
I get the feeling JBs mindset with these was "let's make an Air Jordan that people thought Jordans might look like in the future back when Jordans were popular". I dont think they were concerned with outdoing the Lebron line more than pleasing their own personal design goals. And I dont agree at all with the Lebrons look lightyears ahead of these aesthetically comment.
Agree with this. I have shown pics to several that I work with in my factory. Several love it.. I dont, But it amazes me the reaction they have got in the positive way. JB took a risk and it seems to have created a buzz that they wanted. Thats what the Air Jordan is/was all about. The reaction. The talk. It is futureistic. Cant deny that. It seriously reminds me of the 8. The 5,6,7 were close in look in many ways. The Aqua dropped in 93 and everyone hated it. I loved it instantly. This release reminds me of that reaction. Its different for sure.

Agree with this. I have shown pics to several that I work with in my factory. Several love it.. I dont, But it amazes me the reaction they have got in the positive way. JB took a risk and it seems to have created a buzz that they wanted. Thats what the Air Jordan is/was all about. The reaction. The talk. It is futureistic. Cant deny that. It seriously reminds me of the 8. The 5,6,7 were close in look in many ways. The Aqua dropped in 93 and everyone hated it. I loved it instantly. This release reminds me of that reaction. Its different for sure.

Lebron 16s look very safe, very predictable. We're debating comfort and no one on here has a pair of XXX3s...A fair comparison would be KDs.

Hex-Zoom is double stacked, forefoot Zoom is unlocked and tweaked some. I can't wait to rock a shoe that I can wear 'loose' without keeping laces tucked in my liner or knotting the tips...Profile looks sleek. I can't see the Lebron 16s working well with jeans; the uppers take a nosedive so do you tuck pant leg-in or out? Skinny jeans option?...it just looks too much like a basketball shoe.

I still don't see where you guys are getting 'boxy, Dub Zero-ish'. Dubs are cut like the XIIIs, these ride low. Enlighten me please.
Precisely.

One thing Im realizing is that Air Jordans were the best when the "gimmicks" or extra features were more of a focus than performance. When they focused on pure performance they lost the casual appeal and the bit of flash we've come to expect out of the new Air Jordan. Both of those aspects are what puts the Air Jordan into pop culture. And try as they might, no other signature shoe is worthy of that position. So to see the Air Jordan go back into its rightful lane is exciting to me.

Lebrons will never come close to reaching the recognition of an Air Jordan. This **** is like McDonalds and Coca Cola. Theyre a part of Americana. I was all set and ready to clown like every other year but Im glad they finally got it together.

One thing Im realizing is that Air Jordans were the best when the "gimmicks" or extra features were more of a focus than performance. When they focused on pure performance they lost the casual appeal and the bit of flash we've come to expect out of the new Air Jordan. Both of those aspects are what puts the Air Jordan into pop culture. And try as they might, no other signature shoe is worthy of that position. So to see the Air Jordan go back into its rightful lane is exciting to me.

Absolutely agree. But I am struggling mightily to get over the materials they chose to use. I just don't think I'm going to end up with a pair of these, though it's early days for sure. I'm more excited about these Kobe Exodus IDs I just mocked up, and not even sure I'm going to buy those, either :lol:
Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 10.07.06 PM.png

It would be interesting to see if this Kobe ID I posted incorporated some better materials--say the white upper was the latest flyknit (or, GASP, leather), and the black toe was suede--and the 33's fit system, and then replace the Kobe logos with Jumpmans. People in here would be pissing themselves, I suspect. I know I would be LOL

Absolutely agree. But I am struggling mightily to get over the materials they chose to use. I just don't think I'm going to end up with a pair of these, though it's early days for sure. I'm more excited about these Kobe Exodus IDs I just mocked up, and not even sure I'm going to buy those, either :lol:
Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 10.07.06 PM.png
Thats the one thing that turns me off and I hope they do a dope premium leather version in a BC3 colorway. You know it would be an instant sell out.

It would be interesting to see if this Kobe ID I posted incorporated some better materials--say the white upper was the latest flyknit (or, GASP, leather), and the black toe was suede--and the 33's fit system, and then replace the Kobe logos with Jumpmans. People in here would be pissing themselves, I suspect. I know I would be LOL
You just reminded me, they just announced that new flyleather. Maybe they could do a 33 with that...

Thats the one thing that turns me off and I hope they do a dope premium leather version in a BC3 colorway. You know it would be an instant sell out.

I might very well be wrong but I wonder if the fit system could work with an all-leather upper. Not sure those thin little strands of "wire" could pull a real (or synthetic) true leather upper tight.

You just reminded me, they just announced that new flyleather. Maybe they could do a 33 with that...

Hadn't heard of flyleather. Just looked it up. Very interesting, maybe they'll start making more shoes from this (wishful thinking, probably). Good looking out.

Yeah, that’s the only problem I have with the 33, the cheap materials and fuse. I also hope for a premium edition. However, I’m not surprised at JB being cheap, it’s been this way for awhile now and it sucks.

Yeah, that’s the only problem I have with the 33, the cheap materials and fuse. I also hope for a premium edition. However, I’m not surprised at JB being cheap, it’s been this way for awhile now and it sucks.

Yup. I just can't get past it. I want to dig these SO much, and they were close. As it is, nope. :ohwell::smh::stoneface:

any release date for the black red colorway?

cant call it triple black cuz theres some red and clear soles

that first colorway is nice but i hate white mesh. gets dirty quick and you never know whats gonna bleed on it

any release date for the black red colorway?

cant call it triple black cuz theres some red and clear soles

that first colorway is nice but i hate white mesh. gets dirty quick and you never know whats gonna bleed on it

Good point on the white mesh.

Lebrons will never come close to reaching the recognition of an Air Jordan. This **** is like McDonalds and Coca Cola. Theyre a part of Americana. I was all set and ready to clown like every other year but Im glad they finally got it together.

I don’t know even know how the LeBron 3-7 look like, or the kobe line. I’ll probably have to do a quick google search.

I don't remember the last new Jordan sig to be more popular casually than a LeBron so I'm gonna hedge my bet on that trend continuing. Aesthetically, the bron 16 are light-years ahead of these. Basketball sneakers as a whole have taken a backseat in terms of casual popularity to the lifestyle/running shoe style and the 16s actually mimic that aesthetic pretty well. These 33s kind of buck that trend and go full ritard in terms of balancing looks and functionality in favor of functionality.

This is all my opinion of course.

the Jordan 17-23 were hotter than Lebron 1-6 with the exception of maybe one or two sneakers. And 30-32 are better looking than 13-15. Most people and bloggers I know don't like the 16s aesthetically. I never heard anyone say they look good. But looks are in the eye of the beholder.

You will be wrong when you see more people casually wearing the lebron 16 more than the 33

You made a statement at the end not an opinion as you did in the beginning :lol:

Well...one of us will be wrong :lol:

But I feel ya dog.
A statement can be an opinion or fact. What are you talking about? And you are saying "I'm wrong" based off a guess or assumption. But based off the people reaction of both sneakers, I would call your assumption a weak one too.

I don't think that Jordans 30-32 were better than the Lebron 15. The J30 came close but the shape is weird and the JM on the toe is a little extra. I can see more people wearing the L16's over these though just because that's what theyve been used to doing. Someone mentioned LBJ playing and being a little more relevant.. and to an extent I agree. I believe younger kids are going to walk into a store and ask for 16's before they ask for a 33. I think Jordan fans and some of the more mature sneaker heads might be checking for these if they like them.

I'm also a little surprised at the positive reaction these are getting but I'm surprised they were even able to make something this nice after like 9 years of mediocre poop lol. I know that these are fire when I'm having a hard time deciding what colorway to get because they all look dope. I keep telling myself one and done but sheesh. My biggest concern though, as someone who wants to rock casually, is that there is a whole lot of clear sole.. better start breaking out the PS' with yellowed soles so we know what to expect :lol:

Back
Top Bottom