Air Jordan XXXVII (37) first look…

Even if they aren’t what they used to be I still look forward to them pushing the envelope. Not sure what people would expect with the player being retired for almost 30 years now.
1-Low cuts with full ankle support
2-a mix of full premium leather and suede that doesn't fade or mark while being the lightest shoe ever
3-carbon fiber flightspeed eclipse plate with bottom loaded visible double stacked zoom units and full length zoom stroble while being lower to the ground
4-snug fitting with no pull tabs yo!
5-no gimmicks, no translucent sole, no new materials but have to have some casual appeal
6-make it colorchangeable with that OG or blackcat look and in your face PE color at the same time depending on your individual mood that day
7-price point at 90' price below 120 or you're stealing people
8-Thinker designed shoe not desingned by Thinker that looks like a Jordan but that has nothing to do with the 37 previous version and nothing else on Earth

...and everyone will be happy, simple!

I heard from connects inside Nike that the Jordan 38 swill be inspired by the Homer mobile, same designer, better result. Will be available as weartest samples finished product next Febuary, so 7 months before the begining of next season and just in time for ASG just like back in the days!

After all the AJ is the real benchmark of casual performance shoe, so why settle for anything else when you can make the impossible?

Yo!Money! We not complaining, we just know our EKIN kicks inside out too much for you Nike!

(edit: please don't take offense anyone, it's just for fun and I plead guilty of some of that too sometimes...because of my own expectations I make year in and year out, seems like groundhog day every year. Yes there are better iterations than others and we all have our favourites but overall I'm super greatfull we do get the chance to have what we have and experience all of this new stuff every year. )

Lookin' forward for the 37 and will by at least a pair to try on court and see what qualities they do have to offer, even though I'm not convinced of the aesthetics so far or some of the tech choice like many others, as I really really liked the 34,35,36 and all of my OG's.

If we're still here 37 years after it's because they've had more hits than misses, so give it some time and lets see what the 37's bring.

cheers!

Last edited:
Our apologies for expecting shoes to look good.
Go back to my earlier post. I said the shoe was ugly. Didn’t say there was anything wrong with wanting the most out of your money.

My point was acknowledging the is-ness of the situation.
Michael Jordan has been retired for 30 years. Tinker Hatfield isn’t designing these sneakers. All the intangibles that went into making Air Jordans what they were are a thing of the past. For example, the AJ3 is special because there was nothing like it before. If someone were to try and recreate it, it would still fall short because of the nostalgia attached to the 3.
23’s are good example. I guarantee if he played in them they Would be held in higher esteem.
When you got dudes coming here writing novels about what Jordan’s used to be it’s like complaining about music being better In the past.
100% Earth Wind and Fire is better then 99% of the music out today. Society is also 99% different then it was back then.
based on how things look, why would you trick or allow yourself to get disappointed when nothing inThe cards suggest that they are about to make a premium leather avante hard sneaker that michael Jordan would have wore in the late 90’s?
Even though they are released as the air Jordan signature series, the shoe is more so about being a top of the line performer using modern materials (not necessarily better) and gaining exposure by way of the JB roster.
just Because people don’t like or agree with it doesn’t change the reality

Go back to my earlier post. I said the shoe was ugly. Didn’t say there was anything wrong with wanting the most out of your money.

Michael Jordan has been retired for 30 years. Tinker Hatfield isn’t designing these sneakers. All the intangibles that went into making Air Jordans what they were are a thing of the past. For example, the AJ3 is special because there was nothing like it before. If someone were to try and recreate it, it would still fall short because of the nostalgia attached to the 3.
23’s are good example. I guarantee if he played in them they Would be held in higher esteem.
When you got dudes coming here writing novels about what Jordan’s used to be it’s like complaining about music being better In the past.
100% Earth Wind and Fire is better then 99% of the music out today. Society is also 99% different then it was back then.
based on how things look, why would you trick or allow yourself to get disappointed when nothing inThe cards suggest that they are about to make a premium leather avante hard sneaker that michael Jordan would have wore in the late 90’s?
Even though they are released as the air Jordan signature series, the shoe is more so about being a top of the line performer using modern materials (not necessarily better) and gaining exposure by way of the JB roster.
So again... Because they are meant to be "top of the line performers" means they can't look good? The 36s look good and perform well, the whole performance excuse is weak and tired. I'm not ****ting on the line as a whole because I've enjoyed the previous 4 but this was is a miss.

GroundedDopeyAlpinegoat-small.gif

So again... Because they are meant to be "top of the line performers" means they can't look good? The 36s look good and perform well, the whole performance excuse is weak and tired. I'm not ****ting on the line as a whole because I've enjoyed the previous 4 but this was is a miss.
Didn’t say they can’t look good. It’s just not something I am expecting. I would even venture to say the past few models looking good are product of what they were influenced by more so then them definitively saying “how can we make this shoe as visually appealing as possible?”

If they give us classic color ways of the 7 and some new stuff I’m in. If they start with this “court yellow and mango fusion” or this “taco green and light silver” then I’m passing like everybody else.

If they continue to draw inspiration from older models I wonder what the rest of the signature line is going to look like. I'd be curious to see if they put a strap on the 38 or patent on the 41.

Back
Top Bottom