Air Kukini Retro (2022)

Ordered mine through that undefeated link . First time ordering from them . Haven’t gotten anything about shipping yet but hopefully it doesn’t take too long . I need these asap lol

Waters from Afew arrived today. Very happy to have these again!
1665771764765.jpeg

Received Waters today.

They look really good in person,
Fit is a little off for me, would be perfect with a 13.5 but unlike the huaraches I think a full size up might be to big -might try a 14-.

Comfort wise I don’t find there to be much in the way of cushioning and comfort and overall still believe this should have been an 89.99 shoe. If this is a grail for you I’d say go for Atleast one pair now if you wear a 12 and up otherwise If I didn’t wear a 13 I would have just waited for these to go on sale

Received Waters today.

They look really good in person,
Fit is a little off for me, would be perfect with a 13.5 but unlike the huaraches I think a full size up might be to big -might try a 14-.

Comfort wise I don’t find there to be much in the way of cushioning and comfort and overall still believe this should have been an 89.99 shoe. If this is a grail for you I’d say go for Atleast one pair now if you wear a 12 and up otherwise If I didn’t wear a 13 I would have just waited for these to go on sale
I definitely agree with you on the $89.99 price tag . The other recent colorways are pretty much all down to that price now which is good. I have the lemon venom gradient ones and yeah the old tech in the shoes with just the one small bubble , they do feel very stiff . I just think they look great and have a strong connection with me from when I was a youngster and having my mind blown by them . So you’re saying they fit small ? Like go half size up basically ?

I definitely agree with you on the $89.99 price tag . The other recent colorways are pretty much all down to that price now which is good. I have the lemon venom gradient ones and yeah the old tech in the shoes with just the one small bubble , they do feel very stiff . I just think they look great and have a strong connection with me from when I was a youngster and having my mind blown by them . So you’re saying they fit small ? Like go half size up basically ?

I dunno about a half size up I would say you should probably stick to the same sizing as you would wear in an Air Max 90/III. For me I wish I could try a half size up from my AM 90.

When I pull the insole out I should have a good amount of space but I believe it’s the toe spring -curvature in the front of the shoe - that Takes away some space once the shoe is on and you are walking in them

I dunno about a half size up I would say you should probably stick to the same sizing as you would wear in an Air Max 90/III. For me I wish I could try a half size up from my AM 90.

When I pull the insole out I should have a good amount of space but I believe it’s the toe spring -curvature in the front of the shoe - that Takes away some space once the shoe is on and you are walking in them
That’s funny you mention that because if I have to pick ONE thing about the shoe I don’t like, it’s that the curve upward at the toe . For me that’s a good enough reason I wouldn’t want too big a size because that’s just going to crease and curve upward and look really bad

My pair has some of the worst QC of all time. Imma wear em so it’s kinda whatever but if I had copped stateside I’d be returning.

Dsmn man that’s not cool . What’s going on with them ?

The black paint around the air bubble looks TERRIBLE, especially where the cage runs through. Gonna try to sharpie it, but there's also glue spots all over. I took em out the box and my wife was like 8 feet away and was like "what's up with the paint job" lol

It's mad disappointing but I've also been buying shoes long enough to know it happens now and then, and I got 'em on discount so....

That said if I could just drive 5 mins to the mall to return em, I'd at the very least try to exchange for a diff pair.

The black paint around the air bubble looks TERRIBLE, especially where the cage runs through. Gonna try to sharpie it, but there's also glue spots all over. I took em out the box and my wife was like 8 feet away and was like "what's up with the paint job" lol

It's mad disappointing but I've also been buying shoes long enough to know it happens now and then, and I got 'em on discount so....

That said if I could just drive 5 mins to the mall to return em, I'd at the very least try to exchange for a diff pair.
For sure man . Some of the pics I’ve seen online of them even had bad paint jobs around the bubble where the cage goes down into the sole . The other colorways are down to like $85 or so now so I’m sure in due time these will be down to the same. Maybe you can grab another pair later on

For sure man . Some of the pics I’ve seen online of them even had bad paint jobs around the bubble where the cage goes down into the sole . The other colorways are down to like $85 or so now so I’m sure in due time these will be down to the sale . Maybe you can grab another pair later on

For sure, 100% gonna beat these down and if they hit like 60ish somehow then I'd grab another for down the road.

They fit very 1 to 1 I'd say.
Lengthwise very true to size, just a tad narrower than my React Infinity Run Flyknit at the forefoot, which is to be expected because of the webbing but perfect fit there and a bit on the snug side from midfoot to the heel which is not a bad thing either, but takes a little bit of getting used to from what I can remember from 20 years ago.

Is it the same for you with yours?

My DS Lemon Venom seem to be a little easier to slip because of a softer ankle cushioning for some reason.

Wether it's up to individual pairs or not, I have no clue.

67C192AA-D7F6-48D9-B7B0-75BC6CD48980.jpeg

57DF01A5-7065-4EC3-9677-C41B5AB5B4BB.jpeg

8B5113EE-57DE-4008-8886-684A711A4408.jpeg

D45704FB-E53E-4327-8AB1-B8EEA1616E4D.jpeg

EFDB5FB6-F39A-4667-A259-136A11689EAB.jpeg

Next up on my list definitely are the red, blk and wht(Coca-Cola) if they ever retro, fingers crossed!

I will probably look to get a few more pairs down the line as well. I really like the all blacks and the sands. Love the pixels and the paint splatters as well because of their originality.

Last edited:
Yeah man I’m gonna get the topographies and paint splatters on discount for sure . Gonna get the black and neon ones as soon as they come out because they’re just sick looking lol . My lemon venom fit a little snug in some areas but like you said it’s most likely due to the webbing . Been a long long time since I’ve worn a pair of these needles to say . Yeah the Coca Cola are amazing . The lightning ones are awesome if they ever want to bring those back . I’m really hoping for the all black with the dark green webbing . That was one of the first colorways along with the waters if I remember correctly

I have the leopards and they fit great at my regular sz 10
definitely hoping to score the waters and I always appreciate the guys who post links to sales/deals/etc

Paint splatters on US snkrs for 11/8. $125 retail

Still being patient for the black/neon green and waters. Need them to hit NDC I got a 15% coupon. This has been such a weird rollout. Different retail prices, huge gaps between int'l and US release dates, and the few that are on NDC still haven't been included in any promotional sales or marked down in any way. **** it at least they're back.

Paint splatters on US snkrs for 11/8. $125 retail

Still being patient for the black/neon green and waters. Need them to hit NDC I got a 15% coupon. This has been such a weird rollout. Different retail prices, huge gaps between int'l and US release dates, and the few that are on NDC still haven't been included in any promotional sales or marked down in any way. **** it at least they're back.
Yeah man definitely been weird . Figured most all of them would have come out during the summer . Not really a fall and winter shoe . I saw they just announced some all pine green colored ones . We need more of the original colorways to come back . All the weird cool abstract designs were great .

Back
Top Bottom